“Very pleasant and accomodating person.”

White Mountain Hotel and Resort
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
North Providence, Rhode Island
“Very pleasant and accomodating person.”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Everytime we come to the White Mountain Hotel we are greeted by Dennis. He is always freindly and accomodating. He makes us feel right at home. When we dine in the hotel, the majority of the time we eat in the Tavern. We are always notice that Dennis wil go around to see how the guest are doing. He has an awesome personality. He always asks "Are you enjoying your meal or do you need anything". We will even see him out there helping the waitstaff. Dennis is one of the main reasons we keep coming back. It seems like every person we talk to mentions how pleasant and helpful Dennis is and we agree. Thank you Dennis for making our stay pleasant.
Stephen and Julie- Rhode Island

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
carolcranmore, Director of Sales at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thanks for your recent post, and your delightful comments about Dennis. Dennis is our F & B Director and does a great job in speaking with the guests and making everyone feel at home and welcome. We look forward to your return. Carol Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This is the first time I've ever written a review despite traveling a fair amount. I had to commend the White Mountain Hotel on the best service and hospitality. From the time of check-in to check -out each and every employee was extremely friendly, going above and beyond the necessary service. Each employee greeted you whether in the tavern, in the beautiful dining room or even just in passing in the corridors.

The hotel is just enough off the beaten path to be quiet and peaceful, but only a couple miles from the shopping areas and many of the area outdoor recreation areas. The room is clean and adequate. The dinner and breakfast packages are a great value. The dinner was well worth every penny.

I would recommend this hotel highly to any of my closest friends and family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank almoem
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The hotel is beautifully appointed, service and the food are excellent. We had a wonderful time at an off season wine and cheese get-away weekend. We highly recommend this hotel for family/friends gatherings. Hotel employees (including the owners) go out of their way to make you feel comfortable in a elegant environment.

Room Tip: Either mountain or cliff views are nice.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Farmingdale, ME
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This is the 4th or 5th time that I've stayed at this resort. It has a gorgeous, secluded location yet it's still close to the attractions. I would say the dining room is the biggest draw. The rooms are adequate, and very clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. We were pleased to see that breakfast off the menu was included for both mornings, however after waiting for an hour for our breakfast and watching kids run through the dining room we opted out on the second day. However, that evening we wanted a nice dinner, and we got it. We were the only two in the dining room, the waitress was excellent. The food was superb and unique. THe biggest issue was that there were a lot of kids there due to April vacation. This isn't really a place to bring kids. People go here to try to relax, and that took away from the ambiance. I was frustrating to hear children running down the halls and through the walls. I love children myself, but when I get away I prefer to relax. We got moved up to the third floor so at least people were not above us. That helped. Try to avoid school vacations and this hotel remains a fantastic place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the third floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank MrsMFarmingdale_ME
Palmyra, Maine
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed for two nights recently on vacation. My wife and I were both blown away with the quality of the breakfast and the hospitality of the restaurant staff. The outdoor pool and hot tub were great and they have a full size fitness room and saunas we could have used. I slept pretty well - I don't sleep well at most hotels so the pillow top mattress was nice. The view of the mountains was amazing - North Conway has many hotels but very few share such scenery.

Room Tip: Mountain view seems best
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 5, 2011

When arriving at the hotel the scenery is breathtaking. You are surrounded by the mountains and the views are incredible. The minute you step into the gorgeous lobby with the big beautiful stone fireplace you know your in heaven.
The staff is amazing. Always pleasant, friendly and accommodating. They go above and beyond to make sure your stay is wonderful. I've been visiting this hotel since 1994 and the staff always welcomes me back. It's great to be treated like family. The rooms are always clean and the beds are comfortable. Thats a must for me. It's a great family hotel. We all love the heated pool and the jacuzzi.
I especially love the food. The Friday night seafood buffet and the Sunday brunch is awesome. Their wine and food weekends are unbelievable and worth every penny.
On one occasion I left my cell phone charger in the room and the cleaning person came running out to my car to give it to me before I left the hotel.
Thats service!
I stay at The White Mountain Hotel several times a year and it is the only hotel I will stay at in North Conway.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank casseekey
carolcranmore, Director of Sales at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you
when you return. Happy Spring.
boston
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We have traveled here for the last few years during different seasons and always leave wanting to return. I think this speaks for itself.. The staff are always curteous and accomodating..They truely enjoy their work. The rooms are very clean and the houskeeping staff are su[perb. The waitstaff are very experienced and deliver with a smile. The pool ,grounds and firepit are fabulous after a day of skiing or hiking. We will return ....

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mission accomplished. We are very happy to read that you had a wonderful stay,
come back and see us in the summer when the grass is green and the gardens are in
full bloom. It is truly beautiful.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Conway
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
The Stonehurst Manor
The Stonehurst Manor
#4 of 25 in North Conway

Been to White Mountain Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!