“Blown away by the customer service”
Review of Kahuna Laguna

Kahuna Laguna
More attraction details
Owner description: The ocean has COME TO New Hampshire! Dive into a tropical adventure with the entire family at Kahuna Laguna, northern New England’s first indoor water park at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway, NH. It’s 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. Square off against your friends in an exciting game of water basketball or volleyball. And watch out for the 150-gallon tipping bucket! The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. The Tiki Tide Café is ready with a snack or lunch when you need a break. And, the family fun center is the place for the latest arcade games. Red Jacket Mountain View Resort is located on 40 scenic acres in the heart of the White Mountains, with sweeping panoramic views of the surrounding area. The resort features 150 recently renovated rooms, casual family restaurants and fine dining, a full-service spa and trails for hiking or walking.Guests of the resort may enjoy Kahuna Laguna all year, and during the warmer months the new outdoor pool will also be open. In the winter, you won’t even have to step outside to enter our 82-degree tropical oasis in the middle of the mountains – and you’ll have a great view of the valley through the water park’s glass walls.
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I just discovered this site and could not pass up the opportunity to say how awesome this place is. My family and I took a mini vacation just before the xmas season a few months ago. We were slightly turned off that you had to pay for the water park on top of the room rate but i can definitely say that it was worth it! I have been to water parks before, including a competitor in MA, and they don't compare to how friendly the staff was, the cleanliness of the park, and how diligent the lifeguards were. The park was fairly busy but we didn't have to wait in line very long at all. We were surprised that tubes, towels, lockers and life preservers were all free. It was a huge relieve to not have to lug all those things from our room every time we wanted to go back and forth to the park. My wife and I have already booked another vacation in the next few weeks because our son has requested to go back to see the assistant manager. She really took the time to connect with him. Our son is deaf and gets anxious when someone is trying to talk to him but doesn't realize that he cant hear them. The assistant manager noticed and took the time to ask me how to say "Ready. Set. Go!" in sign language so that she could communicate with him and let us race each other down the slides. He feels very comfortable there and that is a huge relief for my wife and I. He keeps asking when we can go back to see her and since Uncle Sam decided to give us some of our tax dollars back we decided to book another trip up north. We are anticipating our trip greatly, especially to personally thank this individual for touching my families life! If you ever get a chance to vacation in North Conway, there is no other place to stay then at the Kahuna Laguna Resort!

1  Thank skifamof3
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2011

We are so glad that you found this site and took the time to write such a fantastic review.Thank you for the compliments our guards work hard and don't ask for a lot of fame.So pleased that we were able to make your trip such a joy. Please stop bye and say hey when you arrive on your next visit. I will brush up on my sign language.
Alex Johnson

in 13 reviews
"day pass"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed February 7, 2011

Being in the service business, one..we never get weekeknds off and two, we watch everything going on behind the scenes more then most probably do. We went this weekend for a much needed get away and thought it was great. The staff were all very friendly not only to us, but we watched how they interacted with many children and other guests and were very impressed. Our kids loved it, and can't wait to come back. The waterpark was clean, the common areas of the hotel were clean. The rooms are dateds but clean and comfortable. The location is perfect!

Thank you so much for the review. We're fortunate to have a staff that cares. We are also very lucky to be in such a beautiful place this time of year. Come stay in one of our town homes next time. They were recently renovated and may be just what you are looking for.

Reviewed January 23, 2011

What a fun place! The Kahuna Laguna at the Red Jacket had something for everyone!! Safe and easy for my three year old and enough to occupy my ten year old!!!

1  Thank joanpatricianh
Reviewed January 17, 2011

1/15/2011 - I had an opportunity to book a last minute stay at this resort for the indoor water park attraction as I am an alternating weekend parent for my son. I have stayed at other new england indoor water park attractions in the past and at first the overall cost was a hugh hurdle as compared to previous places. I had called earlier in the week and was greeted with an exceptionally friendly helpful female voice to answer questions that I had. Once I made sure that this is what my son wanted to do for his birthday weekend, another friendly gentleman arranged my stay and answered all my questions regarding water park usage, amenities, breakfast buffet, etc.(Include breakfast always).
We arrived early at noon so that we could use the water park prior to check-in at 3pm. From the start, we were greeted by the three female musketeer staff that were friendly and professional. They had great personalities and really made the stay that much more enjoyable. Our room was ready early and we were allowed to check in instead of waiting til 3pm. With a party of 5, this was great. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable. Yes, I have stayed in many 4-5 star resorts from Mexico, Vegas, Europe, Hawaii. If people complain that a N.Conway, NH hotel is not up to par for what they expect, then they are the type to complain regardless.
Since it was about Kahuna Laguna for the boys, it goes with out saying, they thought it was awesome. The staff at KL were great, the lifeguards were vigilant, it wasn't overcrowded, very clean, grill food and reasonable. If people have had negative experiences here, it's more likely their personalities and how they deal with stressful situations. I can't find any reason why Mr. Alex Johnson and his staff have nothing but safety and a quality fun experience in mind. Parents need to be parents and watch over younger kids, talk to older kids who get out of hand...common sense prevails and ensures an enjoyable time. It's not a daycare center. Water+ soft foam, smooth surface, etc.. c'mon you think you can't slip? Again, the boys had a fun time with the slides and wave pool.
We decided to eat out and see the town and then relax in the lounge area with a fireplace and table games before heading back to KL for a few more hours that night since it closes at 10pm. I had included a breakfat buffet that was highly recommended and did not disappoint. They had a great selection of food and it was worth it. Coffee was already at the table sitting window side looking at the mountains. Lots of families showing up but it was not hectic and food was good. We had a breakfast voucher and it said gratuity included but we were happy with the attentiveness of the waitstaff, that we left something to show that anyways. Overall, the resort was a positive weekend experience and I will make sure that if I have another weekend to splurge in a tough economy, I will take my son to this resort and recommend it to families who I work with in my company. - Mahalo
P.S. The girls in the front lobby deserve a raise. :)

1  Thank heymurf10
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2011

So glad you were able to spend those special moments with us. These comments really help send out our message. We are diligent about safety and I'm happy to see you realize the importance . Your trip summary definitely brought a smile to our faces. Hope we will see you back soon, stop in and say hello.Again, thank you for the praises, the front desk staff appreciate the raises.