“unprofessional, except for the supervisor”
Review of Kahuna Laguna

Kahuna Laguna
More attraction details
Owner description: The ocean has COME TO New Hampshire! Dive into a tropical adventure with the entire family at Kahuna Laguna, northern New England’s first indoor water park at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway, NH. It’s 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. Square off against your friends in an exciting game of water basketball or volleyball. And watch out for the 150-gallon tipping bucket! The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. The Tiki Tide Café is ready with a snack or lunch when you need a break. And, the family fun center is the place for the latest arcade games. Red Jacket Mountain View Resort is located on 40 scenic acres in the heart of the White Mountains, with sweeping panoramic views of the surrounding area. The resort features 150 recently renovated rooms, casual family restaurants and fine dining, a full-service spa and trails for hiking or walking.Guests of the resort may enjoy Kahuna Laguna all year, and during the warmer months the new outdoor pool will also be open. In the winter, you won’t even have to step outside to enter our 82-degree tropical oasis in the middle of the mountains – and you’ll have a great view of the valley through the water park’s glass walls.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived at the Kahuna Laguna and it was nice to walk into a warm oasis in the middle of winter. The place seemed fairly clean and well maintained for a public park and the man in the black shirt that greeted us at the reception desk was pleasant and professional, however I can't say the same about the lifeguards. They all seem to be young, high school to early twenties, and I'm not sure if they fully understand the responsibility that goes along with their job. I noticed on more than one occasion guards looking at the floor or around the park, anywhere but the water that they should have been watching. I understand that it's easy to get distracted and everyone slacks once in a while but they have childrens lives in their hands, anything can happen in a blink of an eye. The guards made a perfect example of this when they were too busy looking across the park to notice my son who had fallen out of his tube and was being sucked back towards the yellow slide. Luckily my other son had just come down the body slide and was able to pull him out safely, no thanks to the daydreaming lifeguard.

The lifeguards were also walking around with tattoo's showing, I'm not sure what the company policy is on tattoo's but judging by the few I saw covered I'm guessing they're not allowed. I would advise the management to be stricter about this policy as it seems evident that it is a policy and the employee's are choosing to respect it selectively. This is a family enviornment and I believe the staffs trashy tattoo's should be covered for everyones sake.

1  Thank my4boyz63
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for writing and sharing your experience. All feedback is welcome and your comments will help our staff see areas to improve. Feel free to email me directly to ensure your next review reveals our improvements.ajohnson@redjacketmountainview.com
We appreciate the accolades just as well!
Alex and Team

There are newer reviews for Kahuna Laguna

Reviewed March 18, 2013

First time at a water park for our family and I have to say how impressed we were. We had to much fun on the water slides and wave pool. Very clean enviroment. My teenagers felt a little out of place with all the little kids running around but had a lot of fun none the less. Our family can't wait to go back.

Stupendous, another Top rating! So excited to have new guests come and experience one of the best kept secrets in New England. Thank you for noticing our dedication to a clean,fun park. Teens can try to resist, but the thrills seep in eventually.
Hopefully we have become a home base for your quality family time!
Alex Johnson and Crew

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a great time playing at Kahuna Laguna! It was nice swimmimg and enjoying the warm temps inside while the wind chill outside was -10 F! The kids loved all four of the slides and my husband and I enjoyed the hot tub!

1  Thank Denise W

Wonderful five point review! It sure is nice to enjoy a break from the chill at our adventure land.Thank You for your compliments, join us again soon.
Alex-Director and Team

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We traveled to the Red Jacket from Maine. We may have benefited from the cheaper price of $20.00 a person while staying at the hotel opposed to the $40.00 per person expense we paid. It is a well maintained and clean environment. The staff in both the water park, the lounge and the lobby of the hotel were very gracious and kind.
It was a fun activity for all on a winter day, the wave pool, the 4 slides, Okay for ages 2-99! Just not sure the admission fee was comparable to our somewhat local water park in the summer. Do not hesitate though, if willing to pay give it a try, we had a blast!

2  Thank Catdidominic
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

There is no doubt we take pride in the clean and safe environment that we provide for our guests. Our hard working staff are here to keep our guest experience at the Kahuna Laguna a top notch experience. I agree that the best value is to combine a one of a kind water park experience with a comforting stay at our resort. Let us do all the work while you lay back and enjoy the fun. Thank you for writing. We can't wait to hear about your next visit!
Captain Kahuna and Crew

Reviewed February 21, 2013

All the kids of varying ages had a good time. Changing rooms and locker rooms were clean and spacious. After visiting Coco Key in Danvers Mass last weekend I can appreciate Kahuna Laguna that much more. I would pick this place over Coco Keys any day. It's nice to have a comfortable place to relax whether it's in the wave pool or the lounge chairs while the kids play. Snack bar seemed over priced but we just left for lunch and came back with our bracelets and had no problems.

2  Thank Mel R
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Awesome review , Thank you so much! Travelers will be excited to hear that we offer fun for all ages as well as an oasis to relax away the stress of everyday life.
Join us again and try some of our tasty options at the Tiki Tide Cafe, you will be amazed!
Alex and Defenders of the Fun