“Second Trip to Kahuna, One Less Star”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kahuna Laguna

Kahuna Laguna
More attraction details
Owner description: The ocean has COME TO New Hampshire! Dive into a tropical adventure with the entire family at Kahuna Laguna, northern New England’s first indoor water park at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway, NH. It’s 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. Square off against your friends in an exciting game of water basketball or volleyball. And watch out for the 150-gallon tipping bucket! The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. The Tiki Tide Café is ready with a snack or lunch when you need a break. And, the family fun center is the place for the latest arcade games. Red Jacket Mountain View Resort is located on 40 scenic acres in the heart of the White Mountains, with sweeping panoramic views of the surrounding area. The resort features 150 recently renovated rooms, casual family restaurants and fine dining, a full-service spa and trails for hiking or walking.Guests of the resort may enjoy Kahuna Laguna all year, and during the warmer months the new outdoor pool will also be open. In the winter, you won’t even have to step outside to enter our 82-degree tropical oasis in the middle of the mountains – and you’ll have a great view of the valley through the water park’s glass walls.
Peabody, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Second Trip to Kahuna, One Less Star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been to Kahuna Laguna twice in four months because my 4 & 5-year-old children absolutely love it. Anyone with kids younger than high school will probably find that their kids love it too, but as a parent you'll have the "Rainforest Cafe" experience, which means that you'll overpay for something only young children could love. However, I'm a good Dad & I'll continue to go as long as they're interested in it (which probably coincides with Story Land ages). My kids get bored easily & within five years they probably will have hit this point.

I docked it an additional star this time due to two things:

1) The food is terrible & overpriced beyond belief. On top of that at peak times, you have to wait for a table for awhile.
2) Their method for "clearing house" by closing at 10 a.m. for "cleaning" every day is annoying. For the price you overpay for lodging/water park package you should get the full day of your checkout or nothing at all. I doubt many people would want to be there past their checkout anyway & it's an inconvenience that only benefits Red Jacket. It's actually ingenious until you figure-out the real reason behind it. I'd just rather not have the 90 min. access at all & avoid the frustration altogether.

All of this said, it's typical of pretty much every establishment in N. Conway since they know they have you so I can only be so mad about it & I'm sure management will have some clever reply about how great everything is rather than just acknowledge & actually do something about complaints besides see the manager. It would be a different story if there were actually any competition, but they're the only game in town & certainly act the part. I expect that I will have this same experience every time I go, so my expectations are certainly set correctly.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank DanS66
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are so pleased to have you as such a loyal guest. I wanted to be sure to thank you for your input. While we love all positive feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to target the areas we need to improve upon so we are able to exceed your expectations in the future.I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate parties and would like to offer my recommendations for great new menu items to sample when you return.Thanks for taking the time to write once again we appreciate your thoughts.
Alex Johnson-Director

wells
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Overcharged and cafe was closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was overcharged because I used my debit card as a credit card. Make sure you read all of the fine print posted everywhere.

You are not allowed food or drink of your own. The cafe was closed. We did not have access to any water and had to leave to go get food and water.

Would not return again.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank lisa d
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience, but happy you took the time to share your thoughts. I only wish you had consulted one of our friendly staff members as they would have been happy to help you explore the many dining options offered.We would have certainly been able to quench your thirst with our beverage selections, if the water fountains were not to your liking. I am glad we were able to resolve the issue with your debit card.Please feel free to email me directly for help planning your next trip to the park so we can make sure your next experience is as great as it can be!
Alex Johnson-Director
ajohnson@redjacketmountainview.com
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best experience of a water park.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a great time and the staff was so helpful! The supervisor on duty was so kind and helpful! We are definitely recommending Kahuna Laguna to our friends and will definitely. Be back this year! Thank you Drew for a great experience!

1 Thank carloscolon77
Thank you for writing such kind review. FIVE STARS, wow, what a compliment! We have shared the praise with our superstar Drew and the team and thank you for being our guest. Check out our new luxurious Presidential homes for accommodations to top off your experience next time.
Thanks again,

Alex, Drew, and the rest of the Kahunians
Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to end vacation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Kahuna Laguna continues to be one of my son's favorite places. We live two hours away, and can not come as often as we would like. Alexander, like many kiddos with Autism, loves the water. Kahuna Laguna is always clean, and even when the hotel is at full capacity, the volume in the water park is never overwhelming. Crowds and noise can be a problem for Alexander, and we have never once had a problem here. I am 100% confident that Alexander is safe here, so long as he follows the posted regulations. He does, and therefore we have never had an issue arise where we have needed the skills of the lifeguards. I have seen them in action though, and I am certain they will be there for Alexander should he ever need them, and it is such great peace of mind as a mom. We will return in February and can not wait until we can come back and watch him enjoy himself so much again!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ashleigh L
What a warm review,Thank You! We are certainly pleased to be a favorite on your list and happy to hear our "mission safety" is apparent.See you again in February for a bit of Monkeying around, Keeko is waiting!!

Kahuna and Company
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Waterpark!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Along with a great stay at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort came a great visit to Kahuna Laguna. The water park was big enough that even with large crowds, there was still room to enjoy. Very warm inside and warm water!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kevin C
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
It was our pleasure to have you join in the fun here at the Laguna! We have plenty of space to fill with smiles and laughs. A unique amenity for those that choose to stay and play. Be sure to check out our brand new four bedroom Presidential homes for a great vacation with friends or family. They are spectacular and only a short walk from the Waves!
Alex Johnson and Keeko the Monkey