The Beach Camping Area
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$95
ComfortInn
Colonial Motel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$73
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$107
$98
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$89
Eastern Slope Inn(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Green Granite Inn & Conference Center(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$94
$65
Agoda.com
White Mountain Hotel and Resort(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$139
North Conway Grand Hotel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$124
Travelocity
$145
Residence Inn North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$107
Hotels.com
All reviewssaco riverrope swinglabor dayplaygroundsinkstubing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2012

It starts with the awful unfriendly staff on the phone and at the campground. They lost my credit card information and told me it was my fault and then rebooked my sites over my booking. They did nothing to help me fix it and when I told them to help me fix it, the owner said "stop running your mouth off lady". I have never been so insulted in my life. If this is how they treat their customers over the phone, how do they expect to get business? POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NO POOL! Thumbs DOWN!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rhanaway
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The Beach Camping Area in North Conway, has been my favorite camping area since I was a child. I would camp there with my family and then when I was married and then with our children when they were 2. What has drawn us each year is certainly not all the upscale ammenities but it's wonderful location to local attractions, the prime location on the Saco River and the amazing life long friends I have made. Last year the campground was devestated by Hurricane Irene fight before Labor Day and unfortunatley were closed down for a bit. They have since re-opened and we spent Columbus Day weekend there. I for one don't look for all the bells and whistles and I completely enjoy the small atmosphere of this campground. We will be coming back for many years to come! :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Put it this way, the night I came home I realized it was quieter in my house than at the campground. It was totally geared towards RVs, in fact we were crammed between two of them. We had four adults and were charged double for our site (yes $88/night). The website indicated $10 for each additional adult, but when we ? it there was no compromising. I found it hard to believe we were using more resources than the 34" RV on either side of us. On top of it all we had to pay for the showers, the wood was wet and it was noisy. My children who have a far lower bar to reach enjoyed being able to ride their bikes around and popping down a few rocks to swim in the river. I would far more recommend camping in a state park where there is privacy. If you are looking for a trailer park atmoshphere, book now...otherwise keep looking.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank mythreegirls2
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My extend family has been camping there since the 90's. My husband and I tend to go back every year since 1996. Last year we took a family camping with us and they enjoyed the campground. I have never had a problem with the campground and actual find the prices cheap compared to other campgrounds we have stayed at in the past. The campground is small and it's very clean. We also have never had a problem with the staff/new owners. As stated before, the campground is small it is not a large campground or a resort campground. With that said, you either like it or you don't but you'll have to find out for yourself on how you feel about it. The rules must be followed at this campground. At night someone comes around to put your fire out with water when its time to put the campfire out. Due to safety reasons with small children cars must drive 5 mph. I have stayed at other family campgrounds in Mass where cars must also go 5 mph. I love it and keep coming back because it is a family campground. If you are a young crowd without kids I would not recommend this campground. I have stayed at other campgrounds on Route 16 and did not enjoy them. I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite campgrounds on Rt 16 in N. Conway

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank mommybird
Reviewed September 3, 2008

1. No vegetation except for large pine trees, 0 Privacy.
2. Had a bright white street light that stayed on all night right outside my camper.
3. In our experience the ony rule that was enforced was the Fires Out rule. This means that the owner comes by and dumps water on your fire without so much as a hello. Quiet time was anything but quiet and not enforced.
4. The owner was extremely rude to my wife when she complained, he actually turned his back to her and walked away. At no point did my wife use profanity.
5. Had an issue with loud neighbors that decided it would be OK to dress like security and walk around the park busting people for breaking the rules and this was (in my opinion) mishandled by the owner.
6. The owners wife came by the next day to apologize for the fake security, but an apology for her husband would have been better suited for us. When asked why we get water dumped on our fire, she said it is due to her "fire permit", considering I have never run into that before in the state of NH, I highly doubt that was the truth.

I will not stay here again, I have camped for upwards of 15 years and never have I experienced such a miserable camping weekend.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family