“Excellent for the price...” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Maple Leaf Motel
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent for the price...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Clean, small fridge, microwave...
Perfect for what i needed. One night stay before hiking.
Motel is in town so perfect for dining out or shoping at the outlet.
Close to main road so expect a little noise but in my case, it didnt disturb my sleep

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here in late September. It's a cute roadside motel, pretty barebones, but very clean. This is one of the very few motels that I wasn't afraid to walk around barefoot in. There's a bed, tv, microwave, and bathroom with a shower/tub. That's it - bring all your own toiletries, including soap and shampoo (and hairdryer if needed). No coffeemaker either.
The owners were very nice - we got lost on the way up (Google maps sent us to the wrong town somehow), and the woman (I can't remember her name) very patiently gave me directions. It's very easy to find.
The price was great too. Recommended for a weekend getaway if you would rather save your money for dinner and shopping in Conway rather than your accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsAmy180
Austin,TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have no complaints about my stay. It was super clean and beds were comfortable. Although close to the highway, road noise was not a problem. The room was larger than I expected and included microwave and mini-fridge.Water was nice and hot. From previous reviews, i knew to bring my own hair dryer and shampoo. Good value for travelers on a budget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I selected this motel due to all the others in town being booked, as it was foliage season. I paid about $130/night, including tax.

When the toilet backed up late at night, nobody answered the phone when calling the front desk, which is located in a separate building next to the motel units with the owner living on the second floor. Short of checking in elsewhere and sending Maple Leaf the bill, I rang their doorbell, which awakened the owner. Though he offered to fix the issue himself, I chose to do so myself with the plunger he provided. I expected, however, to receive some adjustment in what I paid for the room. However, I never heard from the motel after checking out.

Second, the bathroom was very small and had no room to put anything except for the top of the toilet. Overall, this is a very basic accommodation, and I suggest looking elsewhere even if you have to pay more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was a bare bones motel which we knew going in. It served the purpose as the price was inexpensive and we were only wanting a place to sleep. It was clean and in a good location. close to restaurants and shopping. The owner was nice. We did not find the hwy loud as other's have mentioned. Now that we know the area and the abundance of motels I think we will try another one next time. If you are just looking for a place to sleep for a night then this is fine. We want to stay longer next visit so will look for something different. The one real negative for me was that there was no dead bolt or chain lock on the door. Also make sure you bring your own shampoo and hairdryer, which wasn't a big deal as we knew that from reading other's reviews.

Room Tip: if travelling with a pet, the cabins are the only ones that are pet friendly. We didn't have ou...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our tour of New England. It is in a good location and very clean. It is on a busy road, so it is loud until late into the night. It is okay for one night stay, I probably would not stay there for more than one night because it is very bare bones. It is one of the cheapest places in North Conway, so if you are on a budget, it is okay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a cute, old motel that has been kept up nicely. It was clean and I did not notice any excessive Hwy noise in the evening. This is northern NH! Maybe my perspective is different since I lived 21 years in the NYC Metro area. We thought the owners were friendly and when we asked for ice they gave us a big container full. The fridge in the room is a big plus. I felt for the price it exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple