“IRISH FOOD CLOSE BY”

Salt Hill Pub
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have not had anything on the menu that I haven't liked. The Bangers and Mash plate is over the top. The Staff is exceptional. They frequently visit the tables and make sure you are enjoying yourself and your meal. They have specials all the time and occasionally there's live entertainment. Even with live entertainment, you can still have a quiet meal with family and friends and not have to shout.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

First I have to express my strong suspicion on all the reviews with 4 and 5 stars.....either these are friends of owners....or owners talking up this place.The place was cozy...waitresses sweet and efficient, but the food was rediculous! We had the irish shepherds pie with ground beef....WHERES the beef? hardly any ground beef....and the whole plate was super bland...the chicken pot pie was the best of all but so small! all the portions were stingy small....just not right...the macaroni & cheese was a joke... no cheese....or none we could taste...it was dry and filled with some kind of stale crumbs...there was no excuse for bad mac n cheese. my daughters burger was ok but had a funny after taste... We always share each others meals when we go out...all of us were very dissappointed.........all of us were hungry when we left and hit macdonalds on the way home....a waste of 75 bucks.....like i said i just dont get the high reviews.....you;ll see when you go there....either the owners had a lot of people write up phony reviews, or the people of newport and area have no culinary taste at all,,,

1  Thank 275bobb
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding homemade fries & chips! My husband enjoyed the burger so much he bought all the items to recreate it at the grocer. Service was a tad slow but we were with friends so we didn't really mind too much. Will definitely return when in the area.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Dinner at Salt hill Pub was excellent, with plenty of delicious food, drinks and entertainment!
Appetizer: Loaded potatoe skins
Cooked crispy, cheese, chives, bacon, chili and sour cream
Salad: Crispy greens, tomatoe, red onion, cucumber and carrots- House dressing was a vinagrette to die for.
Main course: NY Sirloin Steak (med rare to perfection), steamed veggies (carrots, squash, broccoli), could have had choice of potatoe( red mashed or FF). I passed up the potatoes because my Brother ordered a side of Grilled Sea Scallops (grilled not on the menu but the Chef said sure, why not). The Scallops were about 2in diameter(huge) and cooked to perfection( oh so tender and sweet).
Libations: Ice cold Bud Light with our meal and after dinner we sipped Sambucca and American Honey!
Kaitlin gave us excellent service and that night was Trivia night with a prize of a $10 Restaurant Gift Cert.
What a great place in a quaint New England town! Certainly a memorable experience and worth return visits to try the rest of the mouthwatering menu.
Salthillpub.com
58 Main St
Newport, NH 03773
(603) 863-7774
M-W 11am-11pm
Th,Fri,Sat 11am-1am
Sunday 11:30am-9pm

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I stopped in here last week for lunch. I had a main street burger that I asked for medium but it came to the table well done. However, the waitress was very pleasant and replaced it right away. Still, I wish I had gone with a reuben and onion rings (which my husband had). The onion rings were fantastic. Frenchfries were limp though.