“Excellent dining in elegant country inn setting”

The Coach House Restaurant at the New London Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Coach House Restaurant at the New London Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Coach House Restaurant is a unique experience in the charming town of New London, New Hampshire; located inside the historic New London Inn. Come enjoy exemplary cuisine prepared by Executive Chef James Waterbury made from the finest ingredients available. The Coach House Restaurant’s name comes from the stagecoaches of 1790’s that would travel from Concord, New Hampshire to the town of New London. They would park at the windows that you see along the side of the restaurant’s main dining room. The Sargent room is named for one of the original families that owned the New London Inn.
New London, New Hampshire
“Excellent dining in elegant country inn setting”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our favorite "go to" restaurant in town. Excellent food, wait staff and atmosphere. Absolutely consistent. Good for a delicious burger or mussels with pommes frites at the bar, or an evening out to celebrate or a holiday in the main dining room. It manages to be casual and elegant at the same time.

• Visited April 2014

Bucks County, PA
“Great Dinner - Excellent Breakfast!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

As a guest in the New London Inn, I shared dinner in their restaurant with a group I was there with for business. That was superb -- an excellent New York Strip with perfect vegetable sides, gorgeously presented. Then the breakfast I had both mornings I stayed there -- INCLUDED with my room charge -- were just way over the top of what one would expect from a bed & breakfast. Yes, the breakfast choices are from a limited menu, but it's not severely limited and everything on it is good. One day I had eggs benedict which were fresh, tasty, pretty and filling. The next I had blueberry pancakes, equally satisfying. And when I asked to add a side of bacon (and asked for it not to be too well-done), not only was I cheerfully accommodated, I was not charged extra! I would heartily recommend this restaurant with its clean, classic atmosphere and knowledgeable, cheerful wait staff. I asked my server the first morning if everyone working at the inn was really as happy in their work as they seem to be, and she didn't just say yes, she...gushed. Gushed, about a hospitality job! I've worked in hospitality more than once and can tell you how rare this is. It really made me feel good about staying there, and the restaurant experience was just icing on the cake.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank PAWildheart
Miami Beach, Florida
“Used to be our favorite local restaurant...”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The wait staff is wonderful. The quality of the food has unfortunately gone down hill. Specifically we had a way under done chop. Sent it back to the kitchen. The same partially consumed chop came back with cold sides via the chef. The chefs attitude was cavalier. Have gone back since to give them another try. Ordered a noodle dish that was under done and dry.

3 Thank Blacktrumpet
Grantham, New Hampshire
“Menu item disapointment”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I always enjoy the Coach House. We dine there 6 - 10 times per year. Our experience on January 10, 2014 was good except for the entrée I ordered: "Grass Fed Filet Mignon* Drop Cheddar Biscuit, Creamed Spinach & Cauliflower, Crispy Shallots, Demi-Glace"
$32. Our server, Anne Mar was excellent, but I did not ask her to elaborate - my fault. The "drop cheddar biscuit" was very unappealing, looking and tasting like something from a Bisquick mix. The steak was fine, but I was turned off by the biscuit. Potato or another starch would have been far better. Makes me think twice about chefs who dream these things up. We'll be back, but look over the menu carefully and ask questions next time.

• Visited January 2014
New Hampshire
“Shockingly Great!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to indulge ourselves last night and had dinner at The Coach House at the New London Inn. We've had some great dinners there in the past, but the stars must have been aligned because last night's dinner was absolutely wonderful!!

We started off with salads. My wife had the roasted beet and baby arugula salad and I could tell it was good given her "ooohs" and "aaahhs"! I ordered the Caesar salad. I was delighted when our waiter asked if I wanted anchovies. When he noted my enthusiastic "yes!" he actually put extra anchovies on the salad. It was very good.

For entrees, we both ordered the horseradish-crusted cod. It was presented beautifully with rosemary roasted potatoes and green beans. We both raved about the cod between bites. It was one of the best entrees that we've had in a very long time. I'm salivating right now just thinking about! The lovely bottle of Washington State Pinot Gris was perfect with the cod.

I was too full to even consider desert, but my wife couldn't help herself and ordered the maple creme brulé. She really enjoyed it. . . completely!

Our service was fantastic, the dining room is very pleasant and we can't wait to go back!

2 Thank SnowmanNH