Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Courtyard Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$174
$152
$145
Howard Johnson Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$101
$109
$140
1,564 results
All reviewsgrand hotelbeautiful historic hotelthe main hotelthe concierge loungethe main dining roomwater viewcorner roomnew englandbreakfast buffetindoor poollobster rollsalt restaurantfront desk managermarina suitehot tubromantic getawayheated floors
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I were guests at this property in September of 2012. I had mixed feelings at the time....I wanted so much to LOVE it, but I couldn't. This year, we were supposed to be there for 3 nights...when my husband realized I didn't have to be at work until the weekend, he booked us for a longer stay....which required a couple of moves, but was well worth it!!!! We started out at one of the marina suites..WHAT AN INCREDIBLE experience! Our room was not ready, but we were treated to a drink at the bar and 20 minutes later we were in our suite! The pool and marina were right outside our door. The full kitchen and washer and dryer were a surprise. Upstairs, our bedroom and huge (2 person jacuzzi tub and marbled/glass shower) were wonderful. The pool really could use its own bar...the staff has to trudge up an down lengthy staircase to service this area. I loved being in the marina suites and believe that this is where we will book next time we visit! Their main restaurant has undergone a huge renovation! Much more open/welcoming and best of all, updated menu! We enjoyed our dinner at SALT...our last morning I had a very enjoyable and reasonably priced breakfast, also). We had to leave for one night (husband had a meeting at home...1.5 hours away). We returned that night and stayed in Portsmouth (don't bother to stay at the Sheraton...huge disappointment and waste of money)...upon our return, we were ushered into a 2BR marina suite (that's 2 master suites!)...The next day we were moved to the main hotel (where we stayed last time) into a King Suite (2 full baths, separate living room and BR). I look forward to returning next year (maybe sooner?)...Wonderful staff, beautiful setting. An oasis, 1.5 hours from home; pricey but worth it. I hope they are able to continue to improve upon this gem!

Oh, I cannot believe that someone actually said it was a long walk to the pool! I think they should stay in a motor inn with the little rooms around a pool and leave the resort experience to others!

Room Tip: We've stayed in a King Suite in the main hotel and the Marina Suites. I would highly recommend either.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This historic property on the island of New Castle on the Maine coast is perfect for an all-out luxury getaway, event (a lovely wedding took place when we were there), or small conference, especially if you're coming by boat. The marina is worth the visit even if you're a landlubber. Standard room is cozy, but well appointed. The restaurant is absolutely first-class--we ate on the deck during our summer getaway. The grounds are magnificently designed and maintained. We're not golfers, but the course looked delightful as we drove by. Not for the budget-minded.

1  Thank Lenthetraveler
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This 3 day getaway was perfect, even the water is delicious. The pool staff is attentive and polite. The pool menu has some healthy choices. SALT is the new restaurant, comfortable seats and wonderfully prepared fresh food. It is pricey but worth every penny.
The property is somewhat hilly so difficult to maneuver for any person handicapped, a golf cart would help to move guests around in this environment.

Room Tip: Water view incredible.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Fantastic location. Rooms are big, clean and upscale. Beautiful views of the bay. Nice restaurant with outdoor tables for a relaxing meal. Guests can take advantage of access to the private golf course. Hotel is 15 minutes from downtown Portsmouth.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked this as a last minute getaway for my family before school starts, it was a little pricey but I figured it was worth it for the amenities. My kids loved both pools and wanted to spend all thier time there, the room was very nice, with a small balcony, the hotel itself is stunning, and the grounds emaculate, very nice gardens, the front desk was always smiling and plesant, the restaurants are not great, but there are many places to eat around the area, try Golden egg for breakfast. My family had a great time at the Wentworth, my kids want to go back already.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family