Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Castle
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Beautiful”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a beautiful hotel property! The grounds, as well as the building, are spectacular, and since it was springtime, the flowers were blooming and the landscaping was lush. Though our room was a bit on the small size, it was well appointed, clean and comfortable. We found the staff to be most accommodating and the facilities convenient, as well. The newly renovated restaurant, Salt, had not yet re-opened. We did have lunch at Latitudes and would have enjoyed sitting on the expansive deck had it not been over 90-F on the day we visited.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Westborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway in May 2012 (not July 2012). The room was very comfortable, views were outstanding, the spa did an excellent job getting the knots out (could've used some changing facilities), and the hotel bar was a good spot to get a drink in the evening. The staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in the older section of the hotel, which has settled, but the quirk of the uneven hallway floor and our sticky door was more charming than inconvenient thanks to the efforts of the prompt and friendly repairman. Despite being located in a tranquil island setting the easy access roads mean that Portsmouth, shopping, and dining were no more than a 10-15 minute ride away. Recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William H
Boston
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel approximately ten times in the last few years, it is one of our favorite hotels and places to visit. The hotel has an old fashioned charm, but the rooms, spa, pools, and restaurants are very clean and updated. That's why we were so disappointed to see that they are completing changing the restaurant and lounge area, and making them more modern. One of our favorite parts of staying here was having a nice dinner in the classic dining room, or drinks in the wood paneled lounge or in front of the fireplace in the lobby. It appears from the renderings that the restaurant facilities will be more modern and set up as "chefs tables." It does not seem to go with the ambiance of the rest of the hotel, and looks more like a W lounge or something you would find in the city. I hope when the renovations are complete that this is not the case, and that the hotel maintains its New England feel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BostonSnorkelGirl
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Perfect spot for a quick getaway. The hotel is close enough to Portsmouth--a seaside town with oodles of New England charm--for all your dining and shopping needs, but also far enough away to feel like a secluded escape. The staff is courteous and friendly, and was quick to answer any and all questions and help when needed. We treated ourselves to in-room breakfast, which was affordable for room service prices and was better than we would have gotten at most restaurants. Plus, we got to eat it in bed. Hard to beat. We were sad we forgot our swimsuits because the pool area looked well-maintained and like a lot of fun. The hotel is reminiscent of the magnificent resorts of the past, and feels like stepping back in time (if only for a moment).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fig-e-pudding
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is the family's favorite hotel ANYWHERE in the WORLD. Yes it is a Marriott. But my God - it sure doesn't look like one. They are pet friendly - they take the sheltie who gets admired by the staff. The food in the dining room (pretty formal) is extraordinary. The views are lovely - and I feel like we're stepping into another era. It is a remarkable hotel with remarkable facilities - there are condo like multiroom apartments down by the water. I've pulled a sailboat up to dock as well. It has everything. In fact I'm sorry I'm not there right now. I have stayed there probably 20 times - at different times of the year - even the winter when it is also charming.
Try it!!

Room Tip: water view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nibor88
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I made two trips to the spa. One, a few years ago with my daughter for pedicures (not cheap). There was a bridal party there receiving services, and we were given short shrift. We were rushed, and given the "second tier" providers-like "Flo" from the diner attempting to do a spa service.
I received a gift certificate and went back today with my son for a full body massage for me and gentleman's facial for him, to the tune of 281.00.
We were 3 minutes late due to a traffic detour, checked in, and when I was delivered to my room the clock registered 11 minutes late. This was deducted from my 50 minutes. They were unapologetic and implied that it was the price of being late. This was on a Wednesday when there was little traffic at the spa.

The services were mediocre at best. Unacceptable for a Marriott property. Even the women answering the phone missed the mark.

I would NEVER go back and would highly suggest that you look elsewhere for Spa services.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank LizHi59
New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Wentworth by the Sea is a beautiful property located conveniently on the NH seacoast near Portsmouth. A friend and I spent a "girls weekend" there this Memorial Day weekend and brought my dog with us. Overall this property lives up to the Marriott brand with the added bonus of being truly "pet-friendly." The spa facilities are top notch and the property is beautiful for people and pets. My dog especially enjoyed the huge lawn, perfect for frisbee! The room service food was delicious.

The only negative for us was that the rooms are extremely noisy. I imagine this is largely a result of the hotel being in a historic building but we were woken up frequently by slamming doors and could hear children beginning before 6am each morning. Needless to say this is not ideal for a "relaxing" vacation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Stage Neck Inn
Stage Neck Inn
#2 of 4 in York Harbor
Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront

Been to Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!