“Great location but mediocre meal”

Latitudes Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Each restaurant at Wentworth by the Sea Resort is unique, and the Latitudes Restaurant is no exception. Open seasonally, Latitudes is in a separate building than the main hotel overlooking the marina. Enjoy the summer weather and the wonderful views. Thank you all for another wonderful season at Latitudes. We look forward to re-opening Memorial Day Weekend 2018!
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The resort and the restaurants have been taken over by Marriott. While this isn't necessarily bad, the meal here seemed very hotel like. The lunch menu was not what it should be for the setting and the price. Uninspired offerings. The wine by the glass was grocery store quality at high end price. My meal and my husbands were very mediocre. I'd skip this restaurant until it gets upgraded, hopefully that will occur.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Beautiful views!
We had the cheese platter, seafood tower, mussels, and lobster roll. All of them were excellent! The mix they use for all of their drinks are 100% natural, fresh squeezed juices (not a heavy suggary mix). It makes such a difference in the cocktails! I'm pregnant, so I had virgin margarita's, but my husband tried a few other drinks on the menu...we loved them all!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had lunch at Latitudes with a friend today for the first time ever. I was VERY impressed. I am a bit of a lobster snob and I find that most lobster that you order in a restaurant is mediocre at best. We both had the lobster cobb salad and it was fantastic. The lobster was cooked perfectly, not too much mayonnaise and most importantly the lobster was FLAVORFUL, not bland. There was so much lobster meat in the salad I could barely finish it. The actual cobb salad was delicious too. I saw many lobster rolls going by our table and they were packed with lobster meat. Service was great and I absolutely loved the atmosphere and view.

Today (Columbus Day) was the last day of the season for Latitudes though. They won't be open again until Spring. :-(

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I love to take our mothers to Latitudes for a summer luncheon. (By the way, TripAdvisor should correct the spelling of their listing to Latitudes for better search results). If it's a warm day, sit outside and enjoy the view of the bay and the boats. The service is superb and the food is excellent. Yes, it's hard to go past the lobster roll, but if you do you'll find only great dishes here. The wines available by the glass are always perfect for food pairing too. Consider Latitudes a repeat event for it's elegant yet relaxing atmosphere, whether you're a local or a visitor.

2  Thank Karl S
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I can't wait for spring to come each year so I can sit on the deck at Lattitudes, relax in the sun and take in the best calamari ever! The lobster roll is huge and delish. The ambiance at Lattitudes is wonderful...with the sights, sounds and smells of the marina and seacoast. Staff are friendly and efficient and I never feel rushed. Call ahead for a "waiting list" as they don't take reservations.

2  Thank Mommert5