“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Lancaster
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed February 11, 2009

We were up the first weekend in Feb. Very nice room we were on the 6th floor very clean, hot water. The only thing was the high speed internet did not work but thats not a big deal. The staff was very nice my Mom needed a frig for her meds and they gave us one free of charge. The parking lot could have been cleared better but with all the snow they had I can see whay there were some spaces not down to the ground. College kids do live there but I belive they are all on the 3 floor did not hear them at all. We did not use the pool or room service. Very nice lacation near the mall and good food. The triple AAA book says they offer breakfeast but there was none. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
NH
Reviewed February 10, 2009

Didn't stay here in hotel......our local hospital had a function on
Feb 6th. Start with: one coat check guy for 500 guests (20 mins. to check 1 coat). Walk into lounge area and only TWO bartenders: drinks are $$$ and watered down! Everyone shocked by prices and by the cheap house wine . Promptly at 6pm...the lounge bar closes leaving a line of thirsty guests;don't suppose bartenders could have said something ahead of time? Food at banquet: "Beef" was overcooked and chewy; chicken had a red sauce on it...was it a tomato or red pepper sauce....who cares?, it didn't diguise the tastless golfball-size chicken piece. Could rice pilaf be served any drier?? Servers were barely adequate. The whole staff just phoning this in. Guests who stayed till the very end had to get into the coatroom and find their own coats. The coat checker was overwhelmed and had a pile of coats on the FLOOR.
One last thing.....parking areas,stairs and walkways were dark. Hotel on a hill and parking lots are down from hotel. ..thankfully there was a full moon that night or someone would have broken a leg. Will NEVER go back here if our hospital has their dinner here again.

• Stayed February 2009

Travelers are raving about these Nashua hotels

NH
Reviewed January 21, 2009

Looks are deceiving....I grew up in Nashua when this Hotel was the Sheraton and it was a BIG DEAL if you were able to stay there!!! I was very excited to stay there when I had a company holiday party. We got there the check in was extremely slow to many people to busy talking in the back to help anyone. We were to get a sleep number bed and a jet tub but they tried charging $30 more upon arrival and we were tried to complain they said we are sorry but there is nothing we can do for you.

Off to a great start we headed to the 5th flr where when we got off we were greeted by a bunch of kids hanging out right off the elevator. We were apparently on the party floor it was loud and annoying...They stated pet friendly and I am very happy I didn’t bring my dog she would have chewed through the wall to find out where the voices were coming from. We could hear EVERYTHING including the use of the bathroom!! It was gross!!! The rug had stains all over the place, holes in the walls; the shower looked so gross I didn’t even want to step near it!! The floor was also uneven!! The TV was as old as dirt also.

We went to our Party the food was cold and gross!!! The drinks were selling at an insane cost!! We left and proceeded to the room around 10 got off the elevator where there were MORE people drinking and having some kind of tail gating party it was ridiculous!!! Tried to sleep YA RIGHT!!! The most uncomfortable bed ever. Around 630ish apparently it was wake up time because there were people yelling and running around the Halls.

We tried to leave but everyone and there mother was block the doors to get out!!! Oh and we had a snow storm and you would think they would shovel or plow. Apparently they are cutting those costs this year.

I will never stay at this hotel AGAIN!!!

Oh and later I find out they house College students..YA if this was meantioned I wouldnt have wasted my money because apparently we were on the flr of the students

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, California
Reviewed November 14, 2008

This place was a castle and every thing in from the decor to employees was up to the value of a great castle. There was one incident where my room was not cleaned but, I am sure it was a "forgotten" thing or just an oversight.
I had a terrific experience at this place. I was impressed with the courtesy of the employees, quality of service and with my overall stay.
I will definitely recommend this place.
Youcef Yahiaoui.

• Liked — Courtesy of employees and the old look of the hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
RI
Reviewed November 7, 2008

We were supposed to have two double beds but upon entering the room it was a king bed with dirty towels on the floor. I returned downstairs to get re-assigned which took another ten minutes. My next room was double beds.

We also booked a second room (king bed) just for the second night of our original two night stay and this confused the front desk. When I checked into the second room on the next day I left a key for someone at the front desk. When they arrived they were not given a key without calling me and then once they were given a key, despite me physically handing a second key to the front desk, they received a key to the wrong room.

The carpets are well worn with some holes throughout. The beds are comfortable and in one of our two rooms they had a digital thermostat control which worked perfectly but in the other it was not digital and we had some issues finding a comfort level. Without a doubt the sleep number king bed was much more comfortable than the double beds.

The shower was ok with two sink areas, one in the bathroom and the other outside which is convenient. The tub in the shower was old, dirty, and cracked - probably not refurbished after the conversion from a Sheraton to Radisson.

The breakfast was pretty good in the morning.

There are definitely improvements physically necessary in some of these rooms but because of the comfortable bed I would probably stay here again ($68/night on Priceline).

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank RIGuy1024
Maine
Reviewed October 23, 2008

New Hampshire in the autumn, what's not to love? I went to the Raddison for a convention with my children, fully expecting to "put in the time" at the hotel. I was so wrong! The hotel is amazing with grounds, exceptionally clean interior and positive and helpful staff. Normally, I do not sleep well in hotel beds, but the Raddison has paid special attention to the detail of linens and the matress.

I especially appreciated how the staff was consistently pleasant with the convention goers, not always an easy thing to do by about day three. The pool and fitness area are top notch and the location central to several attractions worth visiting.

• Liked — Pool and spa
  • Disliked — restaurant
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Corning, NY
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Family members from all over the country gathered at the Nashua Radison for a fall wedding on Columbus Day weekend, a busy tourist time in peak-color New England. We had run of the 7th floor, with a lounge open for breakfast and evening appetizers/drinks. Linda Joy, a Rad employee in the 7th-floor Lounge, was friendly, courteous, and hard-working--and she fit right into our family gathering, joining in the conversation, laughing with us, playing with our kids, and making sure everyone had enough to eat and drink. She also stayed past her work-hours in order to clean- and close-up after us. Also, the huge pool was a hit with all the kids--we spent hours in the pool area because it was spacious . . . and the pool was warm, something you don't always find in large, indoor hotel pools, with noodles and float boards we could all use.

Stayed October 2008