“Our wedding could have been disastrous!...”

Radisson Nashua Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Groton, Massachusetts
“Our wedding could have been disastrous!...”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

...If it weren't for the efforts of the staff at the newly-renovated Radisson Nashua. From all the careful planning and support I received from coordinator, Nicole Gosselin, to the bend-over-backwards service we received from housekeeping and the catering team, we were more than pleased with our stay at the Radisson. My wedding was planned for the same weekend that the Blizzard Nemo hit the Nashua area. Due to a travel ban in the state my guests and I weren't allowed to leave the hotel for our rehearsal dinner. The catering team organized a beautiful room and meal on very short notice and gave us a wonderful night. We were really thankful for their kindness and support throughout the weekend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Carolyn C

What a great weekend we all had wiht you and your party! It was a little crazy with the weather and dirving ban, yet a lot of fun with your party here. I truly appreciate you taking the time to drop a note here and share your experience. The team really love to get such great feedback and I was thrilled to share your comments with them.

Thanks once again and best wishes,

Sean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Johnston, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I were given a groupon for a 2 night stay for our birthday gift which included 2 free drinks in the lounge and 2 free breakfast buffet. Prior to arrival I went on line to view the facility and services looked go so I booked my wife for a sweedish massage on the saturday. Thinking all should be a great weekend we arrived friday PM. On check in we were told our room was newly renoated. Outside the door was a minifrige, had to move it to getinto the room. the walpaper was falling off the wall around the heater, shower curtain did not reach the floor and was a 4 inch step over into the shower. wall temperatue contol did not control anything! At the bar the burger was good service terrible. bar maid was highly opinionated and cross all night. On saturday got a call 2 hours from the massage time and was told it had to be cancelled the massage person did not come in, sorry! the area where breakfast was served had so much dust could scroll your name on the floor. serving staff appeared overworked even though ther was few to no other people there ( buffet self serve) first day housekeeping srrived at 4:30pm to clean room? informed management they offered an upgrade on our next stay. may use that in 2092 if I go back location is good however overall we made our own good time as usual. now I know why I stay at the Marriott's

Room Tip: there are many hotels in the area choose one of them!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank albert s
Dear Albert S

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at my hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. While we try to eliminate any and all disturbances our refurbishment may cause our guests, it appears we fell short regarding your visit. For that I am very sorry.

The issues you describe about the service you received are of great concern to us and we have reviewed them with the appropriate department heads to ensure no future guests have similar experiences. Thanks so much for bringing them to my attention.

Once again I appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Sean Smith

Travelers are raving about these Nashua hotels

Coupeville, Washington
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had high expectations when we reserved a room at the Radisson hotel, we expected to find a pretty quality hotel. The "name" implies that you will have a quality stay. Upon first checking in, we were very pleased. It seemed quite luxurious. However, upon closer inspection we were a bit disappointed. We knew that the hotel had been undergoing a major renovation, frankly we were looking forward to a "new" hotel. For a large chain hotel, I honestly expected the rooms to be "guest ready", before they let someone move into the room. It was apparent that there had been little, if any, QA by the renovation team. The TV didn't work, there was no TP holder (it was merely placed on the back of the commode), the beds were double and the bedskirts were made for a queen sized bed. Additionally, the card key had to be reprogrammed several times and we understood that we were very lucky to have running water the entire visit! As for cleanliness, the floor lamp base was covered in thick dust throughout our entire visit (6 nights), and the edges of the room were obviously never vacumned. Very unsat.Radisson!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dorte C
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them to improve our standards.
Brewster, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We've stayed at the Nashua Radisson several times before, and this is the first time we had some "bumps". We spent two nights (in two different rooms - we added an extra night and they were able to accommodate us so we had no problem moving our stuff). The first night's room had fluctuating water temp in the shower (oooh! scalding oooh!-freezing...) the room is luxuriously sized and we had two double beds - one had a broken frame, however so my daughter slept at a bit of an angle all night. Plenty of extra towels, nice indoor pool and hot tub, comfy sheets and quilts. Heat/cooling units were too noisy when the blower is on low (in both rooms). Second room on the second night was missing a shower curtain, which was promptly replaced. Room was almost nice and clean.. some crumbs and stains on carpet. Again, a lovely big room. Unless there's something wrong with Nashua's water supply, please dump the bottled water, Radisson. We know you're trying to be nice, but it is NOT "eco-correct"! :-) Breakfast buffet is OK, but would appreciate a lighter selection for less than the fixed price of $12.50 pp plus tax and tip. Given how many competitors are offering a light complimentary breakfast for free, a fixed $12.50 for breakfast seems like too much. Since I booked under a discount deal of only $99 per night, plus tax, I didn't sweat the little stuff too much, but seems like Radisson could do better. I was glad I hadn't paid more this time.

Room Tip: Far away from any renovations!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlotte F
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Charolette F-

Thanks for returning to the Radisson and for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to hear of your "bumps", yet please understand that we are doing what we can to eliminate them during our refurbishment.

Your comments regarding our breakfast are very good feedback for us. We are opening our new restaurant at the beginning of next month and will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as we develop our breakfast menu.

Thanks once again and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Sean
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am giving this hotel a "poor" rating not for what it is but for what it isn't - and should be.

I stayed here for one night on my way back from a weekend trip. I decided to treat myself to something a little more upscale than a Motel 6, but I should have saved my money!

I checked in a little after 10:00pm. I had just come off a 3+ hour flight and was hungry. Restaurant closed at 10pm. No room service. The bar was open until midnight, though and the description said they had "light snacks." But they had nothing, not even a bag of chips. No vending machines (and the ice machine on my floor was out of order!) I had a glass of red wine in the bar area - over-heated and dingy. The bar server was pleasant.

Room was comfortable enough and clean. I had to walk down a long hallway where they were refurbishing...like a construction site.

In the morning, I went down to see if there was breakfast. I have stayed in several other area hotels that include breakfast. They had a breakfast buffet set up that looked very similar to the free one in the last hotel in which I had stayed. You know, pastries, bagels, some fruit and a couple of serving dishes. But this one cost $12.95! I asked if I could just get a yogurt a la carte. Sure I could. It would cost me $5.25. For a Yoplait yogurt that cost $0.50 in the store. Check my math, but isn't that a 1000% markup? I declined.

I didn't get down to the pool area - again, I would have loved a swim or a soak in the hot tub when I arrived, but the place closed at 10:00pm. For a place that supposedly caters to travelers this seemed very early.

In short, I got about what I would expect from a Motel 6 - only for twice as much money! Not good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
SavvyFaire -

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment about our hotel. I am terrible sorry that your stay with us fell short of your expectations, and quite frankly ours. We take all feedback that is offered to us as constructive and will be sure to review your comments to make certain we do better in the future.

Thanks once again.

Most sincerely,

Sean Smith
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed there with two co-workers for three nights.

Night 1 was fine.

The morning after Night #2 yielded no water at all. I called at 7:15am about this, and was told they'd have a new room ready for me at 9:30am, too late for me to still keep my appointments. I pleaded for a temporary room so I could just use the shower.

For night 3 we were moved to other rooms. Mine was fine, my colleagues rooms had air conditioning units that would not stop cooling.

I understand that problems happen, but a good hotel deals well with these problems proactively. They knew much earlier in the morning that the water had been turned off. A better hotel would have slipped notes under doors of affected guests' rooms with replacement keys so that guests would be all set to move.

When complaining, the staff were apologetic and helpful, but it was too late to be much help.

For our troubles, the hotel volunteered to discount our bills by 1 night.

The breakfast buffet were quite good, priced well at $13. Rooms were nice. Wifi worked well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them for training and to improve our standards.
Chevery, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Was in the area to participate in the "First Run Road Race" in Lowell on New Years Day and booked a night here on Priceline. We loved the place-wished we could have stayed another day...huge room, HD T.V. that works, Wifi,, close to great shopping, beautiful indoor pool, restaurant/bar was great-food was excellent. Considering we paid the price of a good camp ground to stay a night it was a fantastic deal-I would willing pay twice the amount to stay again. Reminder to Priceline users-please pass on some of your savings to the chambermaids by leaving a generous gratuity; they deserve our support.

Room Tip: Renovations are complete on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philcan420
Dan O, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Philcan420,

Thanks for taking the time to share your pleasure, and for sharing your savings with the hardworking room attendants who work so hard to keep your rooms clean and comfortable. We're delighted you came down for a visit and hope to see you again soon.