“Pleasant host facility for conference” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Nashua Hotel

Radisson Nashua Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
New Milford, New Jersey
“Pleasant host facility for conference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel despite it being under renovation at the time of the business conference. The staff were over the top helpful and friendly. The renovation activity was obvious (and a real upgrade to the facility), but not nearly as bothersome as one might expect. The work crews were tidy and relatively quiet -- work was finished by dinner time and I didn't notice any noise in the morning at all. The hotel is generously equipped with lounge, restaurant, pool and workout rooms, etc. It was a great location for the regional conference I attended. While I have a strong personal preference for Hilton branded properties, I would definately stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
PaulSafety-

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Radisson Nashua. I am thrilled to hear that you had a successful conference and very pleased to see you comments about the staff.

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Sean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Keene, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

It has been a few years since I have stayed at this hotel and it was under different management. I booked based on the Radisson name. BEWARE!

This is a very old property that is under renovation. Even taking that into account, the place is really beat. The carpets in the halls and the guest room I stayed in were gross. Dirty and stained!

When renovations are taking place, usually most places do not have guest staying in the part of the hotel that is being worked on. If you like exposed electrical wiring, open ceilings, walls with holes in the sheetrock, then this is the place to come.

I had booked a room with a king size bed to walk into the assigned room to find 2 doubles. Upon calling the desk, I was told that because I booked through a third party reservation services, that they make the request but do not have to be honored. Worse part of it all was that there were a number of other hotels in the same city that were much cheaper. They said there were no king rooms available because of renovations. So why did the computer say there were???

TRAVELERS BEWARE! This place looks like a bomb went off and the friendly person at the front desk wasn't able to do anything except smile!

Room Tip: Look at another hotel until work is completed...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bryant A
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Bryant A,

Thanks for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced by our refurbishment. We are all very excited about the progress we are making as every day brings new and exciting steps toward our completion. We are doing everything we can to spare our guests any inconveniences as we work through this.

I do appreciate your kind comments regarding the front desk staff and hope that you will have an opportunity to return in the very near future.

Thanks once again.

Sean Smith

Travelers are raving about these Nashua hotels

Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed here for a two-night weekend and I was very disappointed. As other guests and reviewers have stated the condition of the hotel during the renovation is horrible. Halls look like they are falling apart. I stayed on the fourth floor on what was supposed to be one of their newly renovated rooms. I don't know who is in charge of the renovations but I can tell you they are doing a terrible job. The bathroom wallpaper was coming off, furniture was had scratches, outside windows were dirty, floor was not vacuumed, etc., etc. I couldn't find the sleep number beds they raved about in their brochures. I was totally disappointed.

Another thing that someone else mentioned before: BEWARE you can hear everything that goes on outside on the hallway and in the rooms next to you. I was horrofied of this. Thank God that I only had one neighboor but I could hear their whole conversation. This made me feel very uncomfortable.

It seems that a lot of people stay here to party because you could see people coming in with tons of cases of beer and the next day you would see them in the lobby complaining about the hangovers they had.

I travel a lot because of work and I have stayed at motels that are a lot better than this hotel. So if you need privacy, do not stay here.

Room Tip: Just find a better hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PrincesaLinda
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear PricesaLinda –

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at my hotel. I am disappointed that you were inconvenienced by our hotel refreshment and feel badly that your stay was not up to your expectation. Please understand that we aspire to make certain every guest enjoys a comfortable stay with us and will endeavor to make certain future guests do not have similar experiences. Rest assured I have reviewed your comments with the engineering and housekeeping managers to make certain we do a better job going forward.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and hope you will return to see us sometime in the future.

Framingham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I book this hotel through a deal I got from Travel Zoo. When we arrived there out side they were doing construction and it was messy. When we went to guest service they ask for a paper copy of my voucher for the hotel even though it says I can show it from my phone. Then we had to go through a hassle taking a print out for them. We went to the room and it was 2 queen bedroom. I requested a King size. The hotel hallways are all construction wires are hanging, holes on walls ripped carpets and bad smell. They should have not rented out like this. Pool was not clean, no big towels near the pool. I booked this my wife's 25th birthday and it was unpleasant. Finally I got a bill for the room even though I had a voucher. Breakfast was good.
Do not go there until they completely done with construction.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Chama s-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. We are very pleased to receive feedback from our guest and strive to continually improve the guest experience from their thoughtful comments. Please understand that we have reviewed your comments with the guest service team as well as the engineering staff to make certain future guests do not have similar experiences.

Thanks once again for your time,

Ilion, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel there was work being down outside. The stairs were not in working order between parking lot levels so you had to walk around and try to avoid getting blasted with dust. The staff seemed very young and inexperienced. They weren't unfriendly, but they weren't going out of their way to help either. When we arrived on our floor we had to walk through a partially renovated hallway. Missing ceiling tiles and wires hanging down etc. Our room wasn't anything special for being newly renovated. Like noted by previous reviewers, some of the furniture was not updated with the room. The bathroom was tiny. The door was able to swing open with just enough room not to hit the toilet. The shower curtain was worthless. The carpet did not look like it had been vacuumed. A layer of dust, most likely from the renovations, was on the carpet. I noticed that the previous guests left behind some socks that went unnoticed by housekeeping, which makes me wonder how well they clean the rooms. The walls were paper thin as we could hear the family in the next room. It was between 10 and 11pm and they were quite loud, parents and children. When they quieted down we were lucky enough to be kept up until after 1am by guests we assumed were from a wedding reception and were intoxicated. Sounded like one guest was kicking their door on and off for a good hour. The others let their doors slam behind them constantly. We got ZERO sleep. We woke up at 7am and decided to get around to eat breakfast and leave right after. We didn't wait until checkout to leave and went straight home because there was nothing to do in the area. If we knew the renovations were not completed and that all there was to really do in the area was eat and shop, we would have stayed home and got a good nights sleep! What a waste! Also, as a couple we were put in a room with two full size beds and they weren't even the sleep number beds that people have been talking about...unless we missed somthing. Wish we had the money we wasted on this trip back. Only positive was the fitness center.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your comments and will use them for training and to improve our standards.
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The desk clerk honored a coupon we found in a rest-stop coupon book, so the price was reasonable, though no breakfast. We received a mostly renovated room, and it was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The "sleep number bed" did not seem to be operating, but we did not call to ask why, so maybe the control needed new batteries or we weren't operating it correctly (we did not see detailed instructions provided in the room, just a tag attached to the cord).

The heater/air conditioner was probably about to be replaced as we saw many units in boxes in the hallway. The room was kind of stuffy when we arrived so we opened the window and the sound of the highway was quite noisy. But later in the evening it quieted down somewhat. Also there is construction a block away, so we heard the the jackhammer in the daytime.

That being said, we got a good night's sleep!

Be aware that this hotel is located in an office park out of town, and there are no restaurants close by. We ate dinner in the hotel bar/restaurant and it was ok. There was a draft beer selection for $3 so that was fair. The room had a coffee pot, and there were doughnuts and cider in the lobby in the afternoon The grounds are attractive with plenty of parking. The wi-fi worked in the room and there was a small business office downstairs that we used. The also slipped a newspaper under the door which was appreciated.

1 Thank HappyNY97
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at several Radisson Blu hotels. This one was Ok, but in a flux as they are renovating. The front desk needs improvement with restaurant knowledge. We were sent to a fine place for lunch, only it was not open for lunch. So we went across the street and had a great lunch at MT's. The Surf, the place were intended to go was owned by the same person as our lunch stop. So when we returned from lunch we informed the desk person about the lunch closing. We asked him to reserve us at the Surf for dinner! When we arrived for dinner we had no reservation as they only reserve for 6 or more. We were not informed by the desk of this, and were seated at the Surf. In the hospitality world an employee should be informed of the places he recommends, and hours of operation. A call re the non reservation would have been nice!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple