“Pretty Nice Place. I would definiately stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Nashua

Courtyard Nashua
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Thousand Oaks CA
“Pretty Nice Place. I would definiately stay again”
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I stayed hey in late October 2008. It was cold, but very pretty. The hotel was very clean and the staff was always pleasant. I ate in the restaurant several times and diner and breakfast were good and priced fairly for a hotel. Internet was nice and fast and the cookies at the front desk made a nice free desert after diner at the restaurant.

The only issues I had were minor heater was noisy and clicked loudly when starting, and there was not a luggage rack in my room.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Rhode Island
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We stayed two nights at the Nashua Marriott Courtyard. Our room was clean and comfortable. The service was impeccable. From the front desk to housekeeping,wait staff,bartender..........just friendly,helpful get it done staff!! We had two breakfasts and two dinners with drinks. The food was delicious. We had intended on going out to Nashua for dinner the second night. Looks like they had a nice selection of restaurants. But when an early spring snowstorm arrived,we decided to stay in!! No regrets. We are admitted Marriott points junkies! Having said that, it is SO nice to count on every aspect of your stay. Stay here when in Nashua,you won't be sorry!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
juniper
Reviewed March 16, 2008

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. It is beautiful and incredibly clean - so clean it almost sparkles.

The staff is so friendly and genuine. Much better than the Crowne Plaza nd Radisson where the staff have been very unfriendly and uncaring in the past.- like I was a bother .

The food is great and the pool is well maintained.

I would stay here above any hotel in Nashua. The staff, cleanliness and food are so much better than the other local hotels. I overheard other guests say the same thing.

A real jewel.

• Liked — Friendly, Clean
  • Disliked — It was all great
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Well, I started out at the Day's Inn in Hudson, only a few miles away, but only stayed one night because they didn't have high speed ethernet (though the did have wireless), so I came here, which had both. Because I went to New Hampshire for the primary, they completely gauged for the rooms at $250, but there was no choice with limited hotel choices at the late date. The lobby was very nice, and the rooms were decent, but certainly no nicer than the Day's Inn. The restaurant was closed from 11AM-5PM and you can't walk anywhere from it's location. Staff was decent.

• Liked — They had rooms vacant & hi speed ethernet
  • Disliked — Price, location, eating facilities, staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed December 31, 2007

My parents stay here often when they come out to visit us, and the Nashua Marriott Courtyard is usually their first choice. The rooms are nice, and the staff is very courteous.

I don't know if they advertise it, but they also have a long-term rate at $79 a night, which is significantly better than their usual rate. I believe it requires stays of 7+ nights.

The hotel staff were also accomodating when my dad got a stomach bug, allowing my mom to book a room across the hall for an extra night and just add another night onto their total stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed December 2007
1 Thank comaplate
New England
Reviewed December 29, 2007

I stayed here 1 night with my husband and my toddler. In the past month we have stayed at a Marriott, and a Marriott Fairfield Inn - both times I was impressed with Marriott's new beds - unfortunately this Courtyard does not have the new beds. At least it didn't in my room. We had a room with 2 doubles and both mattresses were absolutely horrible. Unless you were sitting right smack of the middle of the mattress you would slide right off to the floor it sagged so much. Less pillows and the quality of the lines was not the same as the other 2 Marriott brand hotels.

We checked in around dinner time and were told that the kitchen was closed for a week. No room service. Only pizza was available for delivery. We were given a list of area restaurants but no menus were available .. which made it difficult since we just wanted to eat in the room. The women at the front desk had no suggestions at all and the computers in the lobby were all in use so we couldn't bring up any internet menus either. After a long drive the last thing we wanted to do was get back in the car... but that's exactly what we had to do.

Oddly enough the restaurant was open in the morning for breakfast - even though she had clearly said it would not be. It honestly made me wonder if it really was closed the night before. It was just strange.

This Hotel is nice though. I believe it used to be a full fledged Marriott... the lobby is wonderful, the room size is nice, the hallways are beautiful, the layout, the elevators, the 24 hour store - all great. The pool was nice and warm enough. But between the food situation and the quality of the beds I don't think I'd stay here again unless those are resolved ... which is too bad because honestly I really liked the place.

• Liked — pool, hotel layout
  • Disliked — limited kitchen, mattress
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank junerage
Connecticut
Reviewed December 9, 2007

My most recent stay at the Nashua Courtyard took place for 3 days during Thanksgiving weekend. I have stayed at this hotel and until recently have enjoyed the Marriott experience. My last 3 stays at this hotel while not terrible have not been meeting the quality that this hotel has offered in the past.

My most recent stay included a 50.00 certificate for a future stay. Unfortunately the certificate that I was being offered expired in only 30 days. Much less than the 90 days the Marriott website states would apply for this promotion. The woman at check-in was not willing to talk to a manager until I insisted. Even then when I followed up with her she forgot. . The assistant manager promised me I would hear from her but 3 weeks after my stay the problem is still not resolved and I have not had any contact from the assistant manager. My status as an Elite member was not acknowledged at check-in.

The room appeared to be clean. However on our last day we attempted to use the ice bucket only to see water was in the bucket from a previous guest. The room should have been cleaned 3 times during our stay by then. Obviously it was not. I also witnessed the maid staff eating snacks in the hall and talking on a cell phone in a guest’s room. This is certainly not the type of behavior expected in a Mariott.

The pool area seems to be well maintained and while the pool water is not as warm during past visits it is now at a constant 83 degrees. Management has kept the water as cold as 80 degrees but thankfully has rethought that decision. The whirlpool is pleasant and the staff seems to maintain the water regularly. All the pool staff is friendly and professional.

One area that remains excellent is the restaurant. We eat at the restaurant for breakfast every day of our stay. The meal is a bit expensive for the choices given but still enjoyable and of good quality. The wait staff here is excellent. The waitresses seat you promptly and remember your choices and desires from previous visits. It is worth visiting the restaurant whenever staying at the hotel. Often a rate can be found that includes breakfast. That is a much better value than the certificates for future stays due to the problems with the certificates.

When I received the bill for my stay I noticed I was charged a different rate than I had on my confirmation. Once again the women at the desk was not willing to assist me. Insisting the rate was correct even after I showed her my confirmation email. Only after I asked for a manager and also stated I would dispute the charges on my credit card did she credit me the difference and reduce the charges to what I had been confirmed. This should not have been a problem because I had my confirmation but for this woman any dealing with her was a problem. There was also an additional charge for a purchase at the hotel store that I did not make. She credited me without a problem for that charge.

We came to this hotel for relaxation and while the problems were not major by any means they were certainly much more than any guest should have had or would have expected from any hotel. I am hopeful that my future stays in this hotel are more like what someone would expect from a Marriott property and more like what they were in the past. It seems the appreciation of the value of a customer may be lacking by some staff members at this location. Hopefully that will change. Until then, be cautious when staying at this property.

• Liked — Restaurant and Pool staff very nice and extremely professional
  • Disliked — Women at the lobby desk treating guests with no appreciate for their business. Terrible
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business