“Surprising”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Boston, Massachusetts
“Surprising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel due to a wedding we were attending. The rate was good and they offered a free shuttle to and from the venue. I booked over the phone and although the receptionist indicated the block for the wedding party was full, I received a discount for being AAA member.
When we arrived, I have to say i thought we were scammed. Where is the pool that is shown on the photos? The building is surrounded by a fast food restaurant and some commercial buildings which house a few TT Trucks.
Don't be fooled by the exterior. As I entered the lobby, it was small but quaint and yes, they do have an outdoor pool. It is strategically placed in the middle of a courtyard and made to feel as if you are on vacation. No views of trucks or the outside world. In fact, I forgot I was less than an hour from home.
There is an Irish Restaurant inside the Hotel called Killarney's. The food is fantastic in both accounts, presentation and taste . We had the Reuben, Garden Salad and Wings. And although i didn't make the breakfast the next day, my husband said it was the best !
The only reason I did not give this hotel a higher rating was due to the slight odor that was present (but only in the lobby area).

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a king bed and one of the larger baths with granite counters.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sharon K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here with extended family for a weekend. The property is very nice and convenient to the highway without a lot of noise. I had a king bed with a pull out couch plus a nice balcony. My sister had a room with just a king bed which was a little on the small side. They made sure that my request for a crib and refrigerator were met. The room was clean. The only negatives were that the breakfast buffet was not fully set up, we had to order our meat, eggs and hot griddle items. The other was that there was no coffee available in the lobby, the single serve machine, which costs a $1.00 per cup, was out of order. I think that having free coffee available in the lobby would have made our stay much better.

Room Tip: If you want space get the king bed with pullout sofa.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnNashua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay that the Holiday Inn Nashua. We strive to make people stay as pleasant as possible. Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. We will be using them to better yourself. Hope to see you in the future.
Monza, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

stayed there for few days and asked for a room in the newly renovated area. The room was good and comfortable, toilet and bathroom new and clean.

Very good sleep quality and very quiet property. Recommended

Room Tip: other visitors reported that some rooms have not been renovated yet, I am not sure whether this is t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HotelNashua_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, May 7, 2015

Gallatin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We traveled to Nashua to visit family......this hotel was booked through the "pet friendly" site. This usually means no changes in your reservation. Upon arrival we requested an upgrade & the gentleman at the front desk did so with no problem at a nominal price increase which we were glad to pay. The hotel is clean, cozy, with friendly staff and a great bar/restaurant. We continued up the coast to Maine & returned to the hotel on our way back south we enjoyed our first stay so much.....again given a great large room to accommodate our needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I was delighted to receive your note, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel. It made me happy to know you feel at home with us.
I have share your comments with the staff. You are always welcome to stay with us when your travels bring you this way.
Hebron, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property as part of a vocal singing competition in the area. The property was not the main contest venue, but was tagged by the local team as one of three properties recommended for attendees to stay at. I'm not sure if the event planners shared with this property when they set up the event room rate details about the event itself, but this property fell short of having any connection to the event.

Staff were pleasant enough. The initial greeting was cheerful and encouraging. The facility itself suffers from a lack of attention to detail. This facility was about $30 more per night than a Motel 6 less than one mile away. Yet the quality of the physical building did not warrant the cost difference. Metal doors had large chunks of missing paint and heavily scratched brass kick plates. Hallway carpets smelled very musty - this is one of the first things a guest will notice and will form their assessment about. The room itself carried the same musty smell, but other than that was pleasant enough. Space was ample for 1 or 2 adult guests, and climate was easily controlled.

While we were off site for many hours with the contest, we did leverage the bar area for both food and beverage service. The area was clean and comfortable. Bar staff were very courteous and pleasant to work with. They were very flexible, especially when we were pulling multiple tables together to accommodate a larger group of people sitting together. Both food and beverage services were quick and efficient. Food was of decent quality and had very sizable portions. The only let down was the connection to the event. This was an acapella singing competition, and the bar hosted a relatively dominant rock duo on Friday evening. This prevented us from being able to sing ourselves in not only the bar area, but also the soup cafe (which is wide open to the bar area) or even the open atrium style lounge hallway.

Would I stay at this property in the future? Only if I knew significant investments were made to improve the physical plant to warrant the price difference from local motels costing 30-40% less in the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnNashua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suite. We strive to make our Hotel a better place for people to visit, with your feedback we can do that. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in our lounge area after your contest. Thank you from The Holiday Inn & Suites in Nashua.
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Welcome with a fireplace and a smile, beautiful renovated room, new bed and granite counter in bathroom, flat Tv, great supper with coupons for reduced price offered. Loved the Souper Simple with 5 different kinds of soup, warm buns and salad, all you can eat for 7$. So good after travelling for a whole day, not having to go out again. Apples and cookies offered at the reception, lovely personnel, clean, wouls certainly go again. Thought about shopping around there this summer, i saw a pool in the backyard!

Room Tip: King bed renovated, nice decor, padded huge headboard.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnNashua, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Lalondee, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am so glad that we could make your stay a pleasurable one. I look forward to future visits from you.
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I don't ever look to stay at a holiday inn. I was here for an event, so stayed over. I was really impressed with everything. Plenty of parking. Check in was a breeze. Really nice and friendly staff. Elevator is fast. The room was very clean. I wasn't expecting it to be as nice and clean as it was. The tv in the room was a little small. Hotel standard seems to be around 42, my room had maybe a 27. Regardless, it was no big deal to me at all. Shower was very nice. It was either recently grouted, or the cleaning staff is just very good . It looked awesome! This may have been the stay that adds Holiday inn to my searches. 99 out of 100 hotels I stay at are either Hyatt or Starwood family of hotels... A+ job to all who keep this place up and running!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank beachbum1004
91offended, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy the food and beverage outlets on our property. Killarneys Irish Pub is a local favorite, and strives to create an enjoyable experience for all that enter.
We are contstantly improving and updating our hotel, and are pleased you noticed some of the updates. Perhaps by your next stay we will have updated even more!
Again thank you for your time and patronage.