“Really surprised....”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
New Hampshire
“Really surprised....”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I don't ever look to stay at a holiday inn. I was here for an event, so stayed over. I was really impressed with everything. Plenty of parking. Check in was a breeze. Really nice and friendly staff. Elevator is fast. The room was very clean. I wasn't expecting it to be as nice and clean as it was. The tv in the room was a little small. Hotel standard seems to be around 42, my room had maybe a 27. Regardless, it was no big deal to me at all. Shower was very nice. It was either recently grouted, or the cleaning staff is just very good . It looked awesome! This may have been the stay that adds Holiday inn to my searches. 99 out of 100 hotels I stay at are either Hyatt or Starwood family of hotels... A+ job to all who keep this place up and running!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank beachbum1004
91offended, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy the food and beverage outlets on our property. Killarneys Irish Pub is a local favorite, and strives to create an enjoyable experience for all that enter.
We are contstantly improving and updating our hotel, and are pleased you noticed some of the updates. Perhaps by your next stay we will have updated even more!
Again thank you for your time and patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boston
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is showing some age, both in the common areas and the room itself. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The room was large and well appointed, with a good view out of the window, but did show age.

The wifi signal was weak in the room, and the hotel had just one computer for guest use. That machine wasn't working well at all.

No free coffee in the lobby. I tried to use the coffee vending machine, but it took my money without working. The desk person refunded me, and said the machine was problematic.

During my stay the fire alarm went off and the building was evacuated. Fortunately this was during the day. Workers said it had happened before.

I ate in the pub. The meal and drinks were fine, average pub food, and economical.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my stay and the people were pleasant. It's just not a first class example of the Holiday Inn brand.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear sign216,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Wonderful hotel and close to all shopping. Conveniently located off of the highway. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Large bathroom. I would rate our room as a 4 star. I do not know when the hotel was last renovated but it still seemed fresh. It was a great spot for my wife and I to get away.

Room Tip: Our room was on the north side of the building away. We found the area very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
91offended, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We ar the Nashua Holiday Inn are thrilled that we provided you and your wife wife the quality, comfort and care we strive to provide every guest. I will be sure to share your message with our staff. We look forward to serving you in the future.
NS
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were quite impressed with our recent stay at your facility for 3 nights. Rooms were big and very clean!! The Irish Bar was awesome, great prices, great food, great martini's and live music. The service in the bar was top notch !! The hotel was so centrally located to the Merrimack Premium Outlets (which are the best) and to the Daniel Webster Highway. Very quiet area and no noise from highway traffic. Cannot wait to stay again next year on our annual shopping trip!!! The only suggestion that I would like to make a comment on is the reception desk. There was 2 ladies that were friendly and that was the day we arrived and the day we checked out. The other lady was not pleasant at all. I think she was working on Saturday. I also waited sometimes more than 5 minutes before I received service at the reception desk. Not major complaints but sure would help if the service was bumped up especially at the front desk!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We truly enjoy our "shoppers" and look forward to serving you every November. We feel a great amount of pride that we have groups like yours coming back year after year. I am sorry about your experience with the Saturday night desk staff, and I will look back as to who was working that night and correct this issue. We want your experience to be 100% positive. Thank you for your review and your repeated business.
Winthrop, Maine
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been quite impressed of the service provided each morning I receive at breakfast in The Nashua Holiday Inn and Suites by Pat, Arlene and sometime stand in Nikki. They are professional, polite, and attentive. The breakfast in outstanding.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnNashua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
While we appreciate everyone that takes the time to write a review, it is especially appreciated when a guest gives us names. I will personally thank Arelene, Pat and Nicki on your behalf. Thank you for giving us the oppurtunity to serve you.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I saw on the hotel website that one of the amenities in rooms was a mini fridge. Upon check in, I was surprised to find no mini fridge in the room. The front desk staff politely informed me that not all rooms have fridges and I could upgrade for another $10 per night to a room with a fridge. I wish the website would specify that only certain categories of more expensive rooms have mini fridges. I appreciate the offer to keep my perishable health food items in the staff fridge with my room number on it, but that is more hassle than I'd like to deal with (for example, fat free milk for my morning coffee made with the in-room mini coffee maker).
VERY disappointed in the extremely loud ballroom rental where the party spilled over into the hallway near guest rooms. I wish the night staff would be able to repeatedly handle loud partyers who were clearly disrupting people trying to sleep well after 11pm. When I called the front desk there was no answer so I guess other rooms were trying to call to complain at the same time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear bostonbased,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the confusion about the refrigerator. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

At first I was not sure... I have been very disappointed in my hotel in New Hampshire...
but this one...
YES, I have to say... the customer service...hmmm not the best.. Meaning the greeting at the reception is so so... They need to work on a smile or a little bit more motivated in greeting people... but over all... that doesn't matter because it's the room I care about...
When I opened the door...
WOW clean carpet, nice comfortable beds and most of all... OK decoration and a nice flat screen TV and great big dressers and fast internet that worked all the time for us...
So yes we were happy.

Over all... GREAT rooms...

sorry can't comment on the restaurant beause we didn't eat there!

NO extra charges were taken from my credit card!! :)

the only few downer points...
Bathroom, the bath doesn't drain very fast at all... actually very very slow... and... the back door was full of dirty finger prints... so yeah that looks like the cleaning lady has been missing that spot for quite a while...
Sadly we were not able to enjoy the pool... we actually rented this hotel to enjoy the pool but only realized after that the pool is outdoor... SAD!!!!

But over all
happy customer

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are about the same... we had a standard double beds room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnNashua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I was very pleased to read your review. I appreciate the oppurtunity to address the issues you pointed out. It is because of a guest like you that we can continually improve. We strive to create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Thank you again for your valuable response and I hope next time you can enjoy our pool!