“Decent stay for the weekend”
Review of Holiday Inn Nashua

Holiday Inn Nashua
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
New York City, New York
“Decent stay for the weekend”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was at at wedding reception downstairs at the hotel a few weeks ago and booked a room there so we wouldn't have to drive after a night of celebratory drinking. The hotel I'm sure has seen better days but the hotel staff has kept it clean for what they are given to work with. This hotel is in dire need of a makeover. If you're looking for an inexpensive, no frills, basic hotel stay this is your best bet. The Four Seasons it's not, but it's not pretending that it is. Perfect location to hop on the highway and go see the foliage this time of year.

Be sure to go downstairs to Kilarney's Bar afterwards. You'll meet alot of the locals who hang out there and it was a fun, laid back atmosphere.

Room Tip: Also, head down the end of the road to Christopher's Subs & Pizza. There is a 7-11, and a Du...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Stephen A,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stay frequently in Holiday Inns when we do road trips. They are always off the highway/freeway, clean, good price, and accept dogs. We were exhausted from driving and this was the closest Holiday Inn. I should have known there would be problems from the phone call.

I called the hotel direct to inquire as to whether they had vacancies. They transfer me to the 1800 reservations line where I had to sit on hold. really? You couldn't just tell me yes or no. Turns out there was, but I booked online to get some bonus points.

Check in was smooth. Was given a card to scratch for a free amenity since we are platinum (received snack & drink). Was told we were upgraded to an executive room (ha!).

Arrived at the room and felt like I walked into something from the 1970s or 1980s. The "executive room" was basically just a connecting room that had a living room setup, with a wonderful table and chair that looked like it was stolen from a banquet hall.

The bed was in bad shape and the bathroom was really old. In fact, the actual baseboards were carpet stapled to the wall. Yes, stapled. The room also smelled like stale cigarette smoke (probably was a smoking room years back). There was rust in the sink as well.

The internet was given to us free as platinum members (not sure if there is normally a fee). We were able to log on for about 5 minutes and then nothing. Called front desk and they said they had to call IT. We went for dinner and came back and was told it was working. It wasn't. We called downstairs and they said it was "because too many people were online." Um. That's not my problem. Kept trying throughout the night to no avail. Went downstairs to speak with the manager and the rude desk clerk (Edie) said "This is an amenity and we are not required to give it to you." Um, no. It is a promised perk for a loyal customer. We saw several people checking out because of it....but it was midnight and I was just tired.

Anyhow....the internet never did work. The toilet wouldn't flush and the TV in the bedroom had audio problems.

The next morning we saw the manager and relayed these problems. He offered free breakfast (although we already had 1 free breakfast for our status), which was a nice gesture.

Breakfast was actually a redeeming factor. It was pretty tasty and the employees were really nice in the restaurant. Made to order eggs, fruit, toast, sausage, bacon, fresh pancakes, etc.

We have complained to corporate as we felt our stay did not meet the expectations we have for the Holiday Inn brand. This was hands down our worst Holiday Inn stay. Corporate just said "Oh we're so sorry." Woopee!

Save yourself the $100+ dollars (very overpriced for the quality)....it was really only a notch above a Motel 6, but twice the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Naomi E
HolidayInnNashua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We at Holiday Inn are deeply dispointed in your experience. Although our Nashua location, is in fact an older property, it has been recently remodeled. Not having the promised or expected amenities is a issue that we never approve of. High speed inernet is important to our guests, and we have since updated our system.
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to rate our hotel , and each issue will be addressed by department.

Travelers are raving about these Nashua hotels

Gothenburg
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visited our daughter i Hudson, just a 10 min drive away and just 25 min from the outlet in Merrimack. (that was really a good place), Good car parking. The room was OK but the sink was not in the bathroom, it was in the room! Coffemachine OK. The staaf was very willing to help. Breakfast good but expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear pethem,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time I have stayed at this property for business. It is clean, has WiFi, on site restaurant and the entire property has an air of trying to improve and make each guest's stay the best. Awesome pub on-site that has very good food.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DarenMagness
South Berwick, Maine
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Met my daughter and granddaughter in Merrimac, NH to shop at the outlet and we stayed at the Holiday Inn, not far from the outlet, in Nashua. I had never stayed with this change before but was very happy with the outcome. We stayed in a suite and it was extremely comfortable. The staff with very accommodating, pleasant and willing to help with anything we asked for. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are going to the outlets for the day!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had car problems and had to stat in Nashua.
This was a nice surprise, the front desk clerk could not have been more helpful to us than that.
Gave us a special price because of beeing out of town and had car problems. This was very appreciated. We used the huge pool after dinner and we enjoyed it alot. Extremely clean rooms. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning and the food was very good and not that expensive at all. I recommand in a minute

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnNashua, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am glad that we were able to make your unexpected stay with us a happy one. We strive to make every guest feel like they are a part of our family. I'm glad my staff was able to accommodate your needs.
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just a few grips here:

1. I showed up late and when I entered the room, it was hot, so I turned on the air conditioning. Shortly thereafter it stopped working. It would turn on for about 15 seconds and then turn off by itself. This happened again and again so I finally just gave up.

2. The coffee pot machine in the room was disgusting - looked like it had never been clean. I was about to pour water in it and then saw how dirty it was and chose to get coffee at the restaurant instead.

3. I was disappointed that there wasn't any complimentary breakfast in the morning - I think that's a first for a holiday inn for me.

4. And lastly, I've noticed with other holiday inn's that there are complimentary newspapers to pickup - nothing available.

So are these issues the end of the world? No. But for the price they were charging, I didn't think the above were issues that should have happened.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris R
I wish to thank you for taking the time to respond to the review. I am so sorry that we fell short with your high hopes. I can assure you that we are taking each point and trying to figure the best way to handle each one. I hope that you will give us another chance.