“Needs additional renovations”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Portland, Maine
“Needs additional renovations”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The front desk employees were very pleasant. It looked like the hallway carpeting and the rooms were renovated somewhat recently. However the elevator interiors looked shabby and worn...almost like they had done some serious banging of furniture or suitcases to the walls and floor. It's too bad to get a negative impression from the lobby to the room.. The most significant problem I had was the thermostat did not work in my room. Because it was late when I arrived and I had unpacked before I realized it was going to be an all night issue, I did not call the front desk. The temp was 63 when I came in. I moved the temp to 75 and it did get to 64 when I went to bed. When I got up it indicated 62! It was one chilly night in that room!! (The hot shower felt good!)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MBRECED
HolidayInnNashua, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We take any opportunity to improve so we can satisfy our guests needs. We hope you can visit us back here again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Appleton, Maine
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My daughter and I were on a trip to visit SNHU and stayed at the Holiday Inn in Nashua. The frontdesk staff was excellent, friendly and efficient. The room was very nice and clean. We had dinner in the restaurant. The service that our waitress provided was fabulous. She was friendly, and funny and made our dinner enjoyable. Our food was great. Our entire stay was wonderful and made our college trip a success.
Jackie

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HolidayInnNashua, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your excellent experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Nashua, Nh. Our staff is dedicated to providing a great experience with all our guests and we are pleased their kind efforts were acknowledged. Your praise will be passed along with our staff. We hope to see you back here again.
Manasquan
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Once again, we had stayed at this Holiday Inn awhile ago. And a return trip to the area prompted us to seek out this hotel as it is tops on our list! check in was quick and efficient - they accomodate truck drivers and have plenty of room for tractor-trailer parking in the rear of the building. A request for a ground floor room close to the truck was not a problem when checking in. While they are pet-friendly, the fee is a bit much at $25. Our room came equipped with a coffee maker, desk, office chair, additional stuffed chair as well as a huge bed with plenty of pillows. Sorry - no fridge or micro-wave but unsure if it is offered in any other rooms.. The rroms are very spacious, neat and clean and odor-free. Plenty of towels as well. They offer a laundry room and at the front desk, you can help yourself to cookies and/or apples as well as coffee and tea in the lobby. There is an inside bar/restaurant for dining with very reasonable prices. If you want a "quickie", there is a Mcdonald's next door. The prices are reasonable and for a small price, there is a breakfast area where you can get your morning meal. Very satisfied with this hotel (well, except for the higher pet fee!) .

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ginny110411
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience. Our guest's comfort and satisfaction is extremely important to us. We look forward to welcoming your return the next time you are in Nashua, NH.
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 10, 2011

On October 29th 2011 New England was blanketed with anywhere from 6 Inches to 2 Feet (depending on your location) of wet autumn snow. This ealy snowfall caused a whole lot of damage and most of the area was left in the dark with unseasonal bitter cold temperatures. The entire area was left to either live with a friend or family member that was fortunate enough to own a generator or be one of the many that had to scamper in order to find a hotel. My family and I were one of the blessed families that were able to book a hotel room. I have to tell you that this hotel, Holiday Inn Nashua was ready and equipped to handle this burst of business that came their way. I ended up staying at the hotel at a great rate for 5 nights. In fact we got our power back a day earlier than expected, but still stayed the duration of our expected stay. The General Manager even came out to greet me at check in. The room was really nice...... all the basic amenities and some additional perks like FREE WIFI, large flat screen TV, and my kids were very pleased that they even had Disney Channel and didn't miss one episode of their favorite shows. My wife and kids took advantage of their "KIDS EAT FREE" policy. Great selection for the kiddos and many healthy alternatives for my wife. She raved about the cleanliness of the restaurant and she liked the personal service she received from the staff. By week's end the staff treated her and the kids like family. Greeting them by their names when they entered and even knowing their drink orders without hesitation. Bottomline- The weather left us in a very difficult position and I have to say that the folks at this hotel, truly turned a negative into a positive. Too many staff members to thank individually, I just want them to know that we really appreciate their exceptional service in a time of need.

Room Tip: Free Fresh Apples at the Front Desk and Free Fresh Brewed Coffee!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Mike F
Thank you for providing a kind and detailed response about your stay. We a delighted that we could provide an enjoyable experience during a difficult time. Our staff members are dedicated to providing that great experience and your kind words will be passed along.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2011

The first floor was designated as non smoking. The folks next to us were obviously chain smokers and the policy of no smoking on the first floor didn't deter their addiction for one minute. The smoke filled our room as well and rather interupt the smokers by enforcing the hotel policy and smoking ban, because the guys were regulars, they moved us. Not a bad idea, since I didn't want to smell the smoke any longer, but what's the next occupant getting into. The next room smelled like deodorizers and mildew. I soon found out why. The wall on the courtyard side leaked and it rained that night, so half the carpet was completely soaked, along with my luggage and everything in the bottom of it. SO, another move and another moldy smelling room, but no water on the floor. The rooms on the first floor are not worth staying in and the management didn't really seem to be very concerned about the complaints that I made about everything. The beds weren't all that great, but managable. The 9 dollar breakfast was a contential breakfast that should have been free. If you wanted an egg, that was a dollar more. The front lobby was well decorated and looked very pleasant and welcoming, but that's as far as the warm and fuzzy feelings went for us. I'll stay in Holiday Inns again, but I'll rely more on reviews like this one to help me make better choices when making reservations.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor, courtyard side. THe room walls leak when it rains and the floors...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We apologize your stay wasnt what you were expecting and we will work hard to ensure that these problems are fixed. We would love to have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Nashua hotels

Winnetka, Illinois
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Although the hotel web site stated that it was remodeled in 2011, the door from the hallway stuck as did the closet doors. The bathroom was tiny. The hotel building configuration was strange. The elevator was far from the lobby which made bringing our luggage to the room difficult. It also meant that we had to choose between using the stairs or walking a distance for the elevator - neither an attractive choice. We might have put up with those issues, but there was one problem with the hotel we could not overcome. That was the distinct smell of stale cigarette smoke all over the hotel, including in our non-smoking room. Because of that we moved to a different hotel after only one night although we were scheduled to stay 3 more. I do not expect to ever stay in another Holiday Inn following this experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope we can better serve you in the future.
Western Massachusetts
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I had to travel to Nashua on business and needed a place to stay where I wasn't commuting too far from where I was to report and a co-worker suggested this hotel. As I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn before, I was pleased with this place. The people at reception (particularly Teresa) were all very nice and accommodating, and it kind of made my day to see a plate full of cookies sitting there for the sampling. Nice touch. My room was on the third floor facing the pool (it's October so swimming wasn't an option) but the view was pleasant so I enjoyed it. The room is spacious and they added a nice extra option by having duplicate sets of pillows labeled "soft" or "firm" to appease even the most picky travellers. There is limited room service available but you also have the option of going down to Killarney's Pub (the restaurant) and either eating there or picking up the food you ordered on the phone from the room if you choose. The chow available is pub fare, like sandwiches, soups, salads etc., but it's not outrageously expensive, as it would be in other hotels. For the fast food lovers, there is a McDonald's on the other side of the parking lot if you're so inclined. This facility is clearly set up for the business traveller but that doesn't mean families wouldn't do well here. Again, there is the pool (for summer months) and a small fitness room and best of all, this hotel is located right off of route 3 so it has easy access to many points in southern New Hampshire. I would definitely return to stay here again if I'm in the area. I read other reviews saying that it was dated but I didn't see anything that would make me not want to return so they'll get my business again, I certain. Give it a shot.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PioneerValley
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming your return next time to Nashua, NH!