“Great Place”
Review of Holiday Inn Nashua

Holiday Inn Nashua
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn- Nashua last nite. Nice Hotel, Staff was very freindly. Rooms were clean ,well set up , plenty of plugs for electronics. I would definitely recommend for business as well as pleasure.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Nashua

Reviewed August 8, 2011

So this is the 2nd time I have stayed here...this time it was for 2 nights and I have to say, there are definitely nicer Holiday Inns out there, but where this lacks in some ways, it's better in others.

It seems like there are 2 different, but connected buildings that essentially form a courtyard. The building I have stayed in both times where the cheaper rooms. they are nicely appointed, but calling them musty is very kind. The bathrooms are tiny-almost uncomfortably so-mind you I am a bigger guy, but if you like to relax when you are on the throne or like to luxuriate in the bath then stay elsewhere or ask them about the nicer rooms. I also couldn't get a microwave without paying an extra $20!!!

Service here was supposed to be good, but I would call it mixed. I dealt with a lady when I checked in and I got no warm vibe, but maybe it's because I had a travel coupon and they treat you like your a second class citizen...maybe if she knew how much I traveled with friends, family and solo she would have tried harder.

Jay, who I dealt with at the desk on the 2nd day came off as stiff, and even a little arrogant. If I owned the place I wouldn't want him representing me. I got the air of someone who works at The Four Seasons, but the reality is, this is a Holiday Inn, would it kill you to smile or even relax?

The Pool here is just great. It's not heated, it's outdoors and is well kept as is the courtyard. This is part of why we stayed here. Honestly, indoor pools aren't all that-this one is nice even if it is cold. Seems like they have a ton of rules here, but maybe that's for the insurance company.

The on site restaurant-we ate 3 meals here. One which was by the pool (to go-yes we broke the rules by doing this, but we made sure to clean up after ourselves) which was the burger and the fish sandwiches. I got to try a little of both-solid for what it was. We also did 2 breakfasts, Sat and Sunday mornings. The both were good, but Sunday's was much better as they make you omelettes and waffles as needed. Service was mixed-there was one younger girl who knew what she was doing and was great at it. There were 2 young boys who were there and seemed to hover to close to the tables-if anyone reads this, please don't have them stand so close to the tables-it seems very unprofessional...anyway I am sure they are just learning the ropes so that is what it is.

Oh yeah, pretty loud in the halls, and huge space under the doors. This is very disturbing...next go around they should correct this...or put some rubber under the door.

All in all I would give this place a B- or B. Not a place I would go again to truely relax, but definitely not the worst either. With a little work on service I think it could be much nicer.

Room Tip: Slightly better than average-but not as nice as the new Holiday Inns by any far stretch.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

NIce Holiday Inn. Not at all like the Holiday Inn I wrote my last review on. Friendly staff, clean hotel, and no $100 preauthorization on my card for incidentals.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We are a family of four with two young children and recently stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Nashua. If you are looking for a well-priced no frills hotel with decent location then this is a hotel you should consider.

We booked a suite with a King-sized bed and our room was extremely spacious, complete with a sofa pull-out bed. The decor in the room left a lot to desired, it was pretty basic and drab in some ways. The bathroom was also quite tight.

The service by the hotel staff was good, check-in was handled swiftly and when we requested some ideas for delivery, restaurant menus were brought to our room in record time. The buffet breakfast was OK, the food decent enough but the buffet was not re-stocked that well the time we were there (10am). There is an outdoor pool that is quite nice and a little courtyard you can walk around in next to it.

Overall we had a pleasant stay, if we are ever in the area again we would consider staying there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EllasOle
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stay here for business frequently and have finally found the good rooms...and the staff has always been gracious and accommodating, however they need to address the fitness room and fix the machines. I'm choosing the Crowne Plaza next week so I can have a decent work out. However I had to extend my stay unexpectedly, and they were great and easily extended my stay at my originally booked rate. I'm hoping to hit Platinum status with this stay and I'm curious to see what kind of upgrade is available.
The lack of breakfast is annoying but they usually issue some sort of scratch off ticket when you can get a free breakfast sometimes...they were out of them this stay...hopefully they will correct these issues soon so I can continue to stay as the king executive rooms are great!!! Until they can fix these issues I'll enjoy the workout room at the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Book an exec room for a balcony and fridge!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kristyroot
amcoelho, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback regarding your recently stay. We take our guests’ concerns very seriously. Such feedback is imperative to better serve our guests and to continue raising our standards of service.

In an effort to provide our guests with the best value possible, we do not always include breakfast in our rates. This allows our guests the flexibility to chose their dining options. We do offer a breakfast package and many of our local companies have breakfast built into their rate as well. Please be sure to mention the reason for your travel when booking, and maybe we can see if the company you are visiting offers this amenity. Though the non-inclusion of breakfast is a hot button- we sincerely hope that you enjoyed the breakfast served to you during your stay.

With all the upgrades we have recently made to our hotel, from floor to ceiling and everywhere in between, our fitness center was among our top priorities. I apologize that some of the equipment was not up to working during your stay, and assure you the issues has been addressed, and the machines are being fixed right away.

I again apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. We want all our guests to feel like part of our Holiday Inn Family, and we hope that you allow us another opportunity to show you our New England Hospitality!

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I am on business trip for 2 weeks and my way brought me to Nashua NH. Honestly spoken I do not like so much the "classic" Holiday Inn because my memories of them: they are more for my parents but for me (mid 40s)... When I arrived I was so nicely surprised of the warm and cordial welcome. I was treated better with my status than anywhere else even with InterCotinental the mother company. And honestly spoken: with this friendly staff members everywhere they could even accomate me in a tent on a parking with a chemical lavatory and I would enjoy it. The style in the room could be fresher and younger (so... wondering not have the old telephone wheels to dial - sorry I am no native speaker...) but I had everything what I need and much more since I get an upgrade to a ballroom with bed... Any time I am back in Nashua I will return to this place. For sure.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed here for one night while on business in the northern suburbs of Boston.

This is an older property that has been remodeled, and while not bad, still has the feeling of an older property. It is near the highway, but nor close to any shopping or restaurants, except McDonalds next door.

Small bathrooms, low ceilings in the hallways, and an a very slow elevator. While the room has been updated with a flat screen tv and newer furnishings, it still had the older hotel feel.

Two big pet peeves to report; agonizingly slow internet after the hotel filled up and exterior doors with card access lock didn't lock!

All in all, a decent place for a night, but I would probably look for somewhere else if back in Nashua.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business