“Great place to stay”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Kent, OH
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The prices are reasonable. The staff is approachable and very friendly, especially Carmen. The rooms were great. The breakfast is good and the coffee superb. We have spent a number of weeks in this hotel and would recommend it highly. It is NOT a five star experience, but a great modest reasonable place to stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the first floor rooms just above the "99" bar and restaurant. It can be no...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BC Management N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your generous comments and for taking the time to complete this survey. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future. It was a pleasure for us, thank you again.

Maranda Twombley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gansevoort, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times, and for the price it has be good, and it's close to where we need to go. Breakfast is included, we had a coffee maker, refrg. and microwave in room, and the room was large. The room was clean, the only problem was the drain for the tub was slow, and on our way out I left the receptionist know about the drain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for bringing the slow tub drain to the front desk's attention so we could get that taken care of for you.Thank you for your time taken to complete this review for us. Reviews help us in knowing what we can improve on and what our customers enjoy about our property. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Milo, Maine
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I checked in at 250 on the day of my arrival.The lady at the front desk was friendly.We took our luggage in the room and left to go shopping until 430 .Then we came back and went into the bathroom there was a dirty shower curtain urine on the back of the toilets the floor .So I went to the front desk to tell the lady at the front desk and she kindly moved us to another room.We got our luggage and went to the other room where it was worse then the first room.Hair all over the bathroom floor dirty shower curtain and hair on the toilet .So i left with the family instead of going back to the front desk.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank roberta p
BC Management N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property and I want to apologize you had an unpleasant experience with us. I took housekeeping to the rooms you had been checked into and I showed them the comments you had left in this review. We acquired new staff members and I am glad that you enjoyed the hospitality of the front desk associate. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and let us know what we can improve on.

Maranda Twombley

Travelers are raving about these Nashua hotels

Newburgh, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Spent 1 night at the property for work. As advertised, this is a 3 star property. The staff was nice at check in, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the wifi worked and the free breakfast was decent. For $90-$100 a night it was everything it promised to be. Close the the highway, i will probably stay here again when im in the area. If your looking for a clean room at a fair price, this is the place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom K
BC Management N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out this review of our property. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future if you are in the area.

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Low price is the only real draw to this property and being close to the highway. Overall there were more bad things than good.
-No sign where the check-in is, had to drive around twice to find it.
-Clock radio did not work.
-Dirty exterior walls, no swept, cobwebs all over.
-Bathroom sink was plugged and drained VERY slowly.
-Desk is to small and then put the coffee maker on it.
-Not enough outlets by the desk, one of the wall outlets was not screwed in.
-TV picture was bad, even after having to screw the cable in the back correctly.
-Towels were small and not soft.
-Shower is too narrow.

Overall, not a good experience, suggest looking at other alternatives.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BC Management N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
I want to take the time to apologize to you that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. I have shown both housekeeping as well as maintenance this review and are working with the departments to ensure that this is resolved. Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review and to let me know what we can improve on as well as your suggestions for items in the room you were not satisfied with i.e. towels, desk, outlets. These help us to determine what needs improving. We hope that you will stay with us again so we can give you an enjoyable stay with us in the future - thank you again.

Bangor
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at The Fireside Inn in Nashua in May. I was there for my daughter's wedding. It was close to the country club where the event was held. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the continental breakfast was nice. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is the beds were hard. I slept well, though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at our property! And thank you for your generous comments we had upgraded our breakfast when we changed to the Fireside name and I am happy that you enjoyed it. We hope if you travel through again that we would be able to serve you and give you another enjoyable stay.

Hudson, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 10, 2014

For my daughter's wedding last weekend, I reserved and paid for a room in advance for my brother. Unfortunately, when my brother arrived at the hotel the night before the wedding, there was major confusion at the front desk, and they ended up telling him that he couldn't have a room, even though he had the confirmation number and my credit card on file.
Somehow, they totally mixed up this reservation with another relative who was already staying at the hotel. He ended up having to go elsewhere, and fortunately got the last room available at a nearby motel.
When I called the front desk the following morning (wedding day), there was no answer any of the times I tried.
The "best" part was when I checked my credit card, they had billed me, not for his room, but for the other relative's stay.
To be fair, when I called the hotel the other day to get this all sorted out, I finally got them to remove the charge from my credit card.
In the best of circumstances, this was a needless hassle. At a time when you really need everything to be problem-free, this easily could have been a nightmare.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review of our property. I want to apologize for the confusion in the reservation you had made for your brother that you wanted to pay for. Also I do apologize about the phone system being ineffective when you tried to reach us - I had the system checked and it was working correctly we had received phone calls continuously throughout the day. Again, I apologize that you were unable to reach us however, I am glad that we were able to clear up the reservation in which your card was charged.