“Stay elsewhere”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Burlington, Vermont
“Stay elsewhere”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Low price is the only real draw to this property and being close to the highway. Overall there were more bad things than good.
-No sign where the check-in is, had to drive around twice to find it.
-Clock radio did not work.
-Dirty exterior walls, no swept, cobwebs all over.
-Bathroom sink was plugged and drained VERY slowly.
-Desk is to small and then put the coffee maker on it.
-Not enough outlets by the desk, one of the wall outlets was not screwed in.
-TV picture was bad, even after having to screw the cable in the back correctly.
-Towels were small and not soft.
-Shower is too narrow.

Overall, not a good experience, suggest looking at other alternatives.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BC Management N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
I want to take the time to apologize to you that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. I have shown both housekeeping as well as maintenance this review and are working with the departments to ensure that this is resolved. Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review and to let me know what we can improve on as well as your suggestions for items in the room you were not satisfied with i.e. towels, desk, outlets. These help us to determine what needs improving. We hope that you will stay with us again so we can give you an enjoyable stay with us in the future - thank you again.

Maranda Twombley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bangor
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at The Fireside Inn in Nashua in May. I was there for my daughter's wedding. It was close to the country club where the event was held. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the continental breakfast was nice. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is the beds were hard. I slept well, though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at our property! And thank you for your generous comments we had upgraded our breakfast when we changed to the Fireside name and I am happy that you enjoyed it. We hope if you travel through again that we would be able to serve you and give you another enjoyable stay.

Hudson, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 10, 2014

For my daughter's wedding last weekend, I reserved and paid for a room in advance for my brother. Unfortunately, when my brother arrived at the hotel the night before the wedding, there was major confusion at the front desk, and they ended up telling him that he couldn't have a room, even though he had the confirmation number and my credit card on file.
Somehow, they totally mixed up this reservation with another relative who was already staying at the hotel. He ended up having to go elsewhere, and fortunately got the last room available at a nearby motel.
When I called the front desk the following morning (wedding day), there was no answer any of the times I tried.
The "best" part was when I checked my credit card, they had billed me, not for his room, but for the other relative's stay.
To be fair, when I called the hotel the other day to get this all sorted out, I finally got them to remove the charge from my credit card.
In the best of circumstances, this was a needless hassle. At a time when you really need everything to be problem-free, this easily could have been a nightmare.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review of our property. I want to apologize for the confusion in the reservation you had made for your brother that you wanted to pay for. Also I do apologize about the phone system being ineffective when you tried to reach us - I had the system checked and it was working correctly we had received phone calls continuously throughout the day. Again, I apologize that you were unable to reach us however, I am glad that we were able to clear up the reservation in which your card was charged.

Maranda Twombley

Travelers are raving about these Nashua hotels

Connecticut
Reviewed April 7, 2014

It is with sadness that I write this review. My family and I are in Nashua once a year for my granddaughters birthday in November. The Fireside Inn is so convenient and the beds are simply amazing.!! I called ahead to make sure the room would be clean as the year before my son had stained sheets. I spoke to Miranda, the Manager and she assured me that the 2 rooms I reserved would be in tip top shape. Sadly, it was not so. The very first time the toilet was used I heard a loud crash and yelp..the toilet seat was not attached to the toilet!! After our chuckle...we called the front desk and explained the situation. No resolution even after we came back from dinner. We then went to the desk and they claimed there was no one on the premises to fix the seat, and we were told to use the bathroom in the other family members room!!! Really??? That is just unacceptable!! So we asked to be moved. The next room had a working toilet, however, the bathroom floor was dirty; it was obviously not cleaned well. I could scrape the dirt with my finger nail. It was Gross! But we were tired and didn't want any more hassles we put up with the room. Upon packing up the next day, my son came to my room and told me he found dirty socks under the chair that did not belong to him!!
I was disappointed and told the front desk as much when we checked out. The girl remembered speaking with me when I when I made our reservations and told me she herself checked out our room. However, I'm sure one does not think to make sure the toilet is correctly attached. My cousin enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and said it was excellent. The issue with this establishment is the housekeeping or lack of housekeeping. Please Fireside Inn...get it together.!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rts923
BC Management N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of our property. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable as you had hoped it would be. My apologies for the lack of housekeeping cleanliness. We have a new staff and a new housekeeping supervisor and I thank you for sharing your experience with us. I also apologize that we were not able to fix the toilet in your room the night you stayed with us, unfortunately, we do not have a maintenance staff that is 24/7. I can assure you the toilet was fixed the following day and I have discussed this review with our housekeeping staff. Thank you again for taking the time to complete this.
Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here for a shopping trip the end of September 2013. Room was large, clean and beds comfortable.
Staff at reception and breakfast room friendly and helpful. Restaurant next door was great. We would go back here and probably will for shopping and hiking trails.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Esquare
BC Management N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at our property when you visited. Thank you for the generous comments about breakfast and our housekeeping staff - we strive for excellence in customer service and were pleased to hear that you did receive that. We look forward to your arrivals in the future.

Rhode Island
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Spent Veterans Day weekend outlet shopping with my girlfriend and had our first visit to Fireside Inn. We stayed two nights, had a king suite with fireplace which was very clean and spacious, and our bed was very comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was very good. A nice bonus was having a restaurant on the premises to enjoy dinner and a few drinks after a full day of shopping, and not have to leave the property. After our first night, we came back to find that housekeeping had not visited our room (we did not leave the do-not-disturb sign out), but that was no big deal...........we only needed fresh towels, and the front desk was very accommodating and apologetic, and showed up within minutes with them. The rates were good, our room comfortable and the staff friendly and professional. (Shout out to John from maintenance who greeted us in the hall after turning on the fireplace before we entered the room, and helped us move the sofa to better view the television). We really enjoyed our stay and will definately be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a fireplace suite.........very nice!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for kind words. I am very pleased to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us. Again, I do apologize housekeeping did not visit your room that day although I am happy to hear that you did receive fresh towels when requested. I will also pass along the comments to John from you. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting your visit again in the future!

Londonderry, Vermont
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here last weekend while on business with a friend, Rooms were adesquate and comfortable, bed on the firm side. Breakfast was nice - coffee was weak. but no hot water, shower was cold at 6:45 am
I advised the staff but on compensation or apology was issued. Unfortunately I wouldn't stay here again as s hot shower on a cold day is pretty important

Room Tip: You need a map which is not provided very confusing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank janep17
BC Management N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey of our property. I do apologize that you did not have any hot water when you wanted to utilize the shower in the morning. Our water heating units have been serviced and are running properly. I am glad that you did enjoy the breakfast while you were here as well as the room. Having become part of the Fireside Inn family we have been able to upgrade our breakfast selection for our guests. Thank you again for completing this review.