“Best hotel to stay at in Nashua, NH”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Best hotel to stay at in Nashua, NH”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

On a recent business trip to Nashua, New Hampshire, I stayed in a suite at The Crowne Plaza Nashua.

The business suite/presidential suite is located on the 8th floor. The primary benefits of the suites are:

1. Business lounge area with free cocktails in the evening (coffee, tea, bottled beer, and a small selection of wine)
2. The room has whirlpool tub upgrade
3. The 8th floor is all suites. There is free highspeed wireless in the entire hotel provided by Comcast.

I highly recommend the restaurant located in the hotel, the food and menu are awesome. For a hotel, the price of food is well within range considering what you get. I haven’t had a bad meal from the restaurant yet, and I have eaten there 4 times. I highly recommend the lobster stuffed filet and the lamb chops, they are both excellent. All meals are served with a fresh head of lettuce with all the normal toppings, the salads are actually a work of art. Each meal comes with an edible flower too, which you don’t see being served often these days.

I thought this is worth mentioning…all rooms in this hotel are ‘technically’ suites. The big difference with the 8th floor is there is a lounge available to guests. The rooms on other floors are identical except for the lack of a whirlpool tub in the bathroom.

The rooms are slightly dated, but well maintained. The hotel is around 20 years old, so the rooms are showing their age but the beds are very comfortable (Crown Sleep Comfort Beds).

The biggest and most notable problem is the noise. Since the hotel is older, noise canceling insulation wasn’t good when the hotel was built so you can hear people in the room next door talking. I am not talking about a muffled sound; I mean you can hear a full conversation crystal clear. This doesn’t affect me too much because I usually turn the TV on anyway. Another issue I had was the lack of power outlets near the bed. I had to plug my cell phone in across the room which makes it a little inconvenient.

It’s also worth noting that the front desk staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Bella213

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I recently spent three night at the Crowne Plaza Nashua to attend a training summit. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping was genuinely friendly and there to attend all of my needs. I left my "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, and when I got back to my room in the evening, I had a message from housekeeping advising me that since I had left the sign on the door, they placed extra towels and supplies on the door in case I needed them. Their Crowne Meetings Director was gracious enough to promptly arrange transportation for us to transfer from another hotel we had checked into the night before. Their food & beverage breaks were also outstanding, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a meeting or simply spending an overnight!
Carlos Valerio, Priority Club Member

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank EDSCP
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We have now stayed at this hotel a few time and it is by far one of the best in the chain.

The staff is phenominal and try to make everything goes a smoothly as possible.

Also a great restaurant in the hotel,And there Sunday Brunch is out og this world

If ever you are in NAshua New hampshire and need a place to stay check out the Crowne Plaza Hotel you will be glad you did

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We highly appreciated our stay at Crowne Plaza hotel. The staff was very friendly and concerned on giving us good service. They were very reassuring and patient toward us despite our fear on the precautions taken in your kichen concerning the gluten free menus which I must mention were delicious and with which we had no problem.

Your hotel will be highly recommended by us to other persons with celiac desease.

We were very fond of having the possibility of a gluten free menu and are looking forward to our next stay at your hotel.

The room are clean and quiet. No noise during your trip of 3 days

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 11, 2010

This hotel is so special that I would like to share some comments I made recently to the management and staff at the Crowne Plaza in Nashua. We recently decided to spend our 43rd wedding anniversary there. This is an email to the general manager Tim Hogan.

Tim,
Anna Marie and I would like to thank you and your wonderful staff at the Nashua Crowne Plaza for a wonderful and memorable 43rd wedding Anniversary. We could have spent our Anniversary anywhere in the world, but chose to spend it with the wonderful staff at the Crowne Plaza . We come to Nashua to visit our son and grandson, and daughter-in-law. . For eight years we have been constantly blown away by the genuine warmth of all the staff. From the guys who pick us up and take us back to the airport including but not exclusive of Ray, Dan the new guy who fell right into the mold of superior customer satisfaction, to the tenured and very professional Maurice. These guys know exactly how to make us feel very welcome and very special, it is a trait that can not really be taught, you either have it or you don’t. Tim , I don’t know where you find these people but it must be a well kept secret because when we go to other hotels, we never find these types of people. This particular stay was even trumped with the attention given to " Annie" ( Anna Marie ) and our grand son " Ian" , by two of the most accommodating, warm and genuinely professional at the art of taking care of your guests. These two young ladies, Maggie, and Maureen, have what we like to call the " right stuff" . These two ladies seem to have taken complete responsibility for the eighth floor and the guests who choose the Crowne Plaza and the treatment found on that eighth floor. I know they have spoiled us. When we think the Crowne Plaza Staff could not do any more to make our stay any better, they turn around and step it up another notch. All we can say is " WOW".... Also I have to mention that when we get to the hotel and are greeted with such enthusiasm, smiles, and open arms, from people Like Patty, and Zack , who all seemed to have take a lesson from Lilly, who always made our stay there as if she was taking care of her parents personally. What is very interesting to us is the fact that they treat everyone this way, not just because we have been coming there for a long time. We have recommended the Crowne Plaza to other friends and family, and those who have come here also have found the same type of treatment. Tim , again we want to thank you for putting together such a team of world class professionals to tend to our every wish. They help to make your job much easier, we are sure.
We are looking forward to our next visit to your hotel, our home away from home. Again we can not say enough about the way you made our 43rd Anniversary so special.

Bravo and Best Regards

Annie and Bill Matera

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for my nephew's wedding. It's easy to find off the highway.

The wedding and reception were in the same ballroom. The hotel did an excellent job with the wedding. The room was large enough. The hotel staff did a good job with the food and beverage. Very professional. I was impressed.

The rooms were not as nice. The 2 bedroom suite we had a slight odor about it. The HVAC was not sufficient. The roll-away they gave our family of five was tiny. My 11 year old daughter was too long for it, at just under 5 feet tall. The second bedroom had only two twin beds. The master suite did not have the in-room bath; that was in the room with the two twin beds, which makes little sense. The bedrooms were tiny,. There was no sofa, only a love seat in the living area. All in all, a disappointment.\

The fitness center is actually an open-to-the-public fitness club. There are people coming in off the street to use it. The pool was not available to guests unless you wanted your kids swimming in a pool full of elderly folks doing water aerobics. Very strange.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Hi Tim,

Thank you to all of the friendly staff at Crowne Plaza Nashua, including: the shuttle drivers, cleaning crew, front desk clerks and restaurant/room service attendants for making our trip a pleasant and convenient experience! Since we were unfamiliar with the area, your staff took us to the hospital, an outpatient facility, the pharmacy and the airport on many occasions. Furthermore, they were very kind and accommodating. If something was not exactly right, your staff was quick to make it right. The location was convenient; and it was nice to have a work space in the business center. Thanks again to everyone at Crowne Plaza for their fantastic efforts!

Kirk