“Nice Hotel, Noisy Room”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Raleigh, NC
“Nice Hotel, Noisy Room”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

This is an excellent and well-appointed hotel, with lots of amenities. When I checked in, the desk clerk informed me that because of availability, I would be upgraded to the top floor, which had a special key access. The room was terrific--clean, large, and well designed, and the bed was very comfortable. However, it must have been the case that everyone who checked in that night was also upgraded to the top floor. I had a room that potentially adjoined (with the typical doors bolted on both sides) with rooms to the left and to the right of mine. This might have contributed to the noise problem. On one side, I pretty much shared in a guy's very lengthy cell phone conversations at around 11 p.m. I was surprised by how much I could hear. On the other side, whoever was in that room had the TV turned up--not very loud, but because of the poor soundproofing, I could hear it well after I turned in at 11 p.m. I was hearing it at midnight, I was hearing it at 1 a.m. (when I resorted to ear plugs and to setting the room AC to "fan" to drown out some sound), and I was still hearing it at 2 a.m. when I finally pounded on the wall and it was turned down. My recommendation: this is a really nice hotel, but when you check in, ask for a room with no one on either side and be sure to ask for a room without doors to potentially adjoining rooms. That might help cut down on the noise problem.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Maine
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I want these beds! Very comfortable...and overall lovely rooms. Speaker's Corner (restaurant) is underappreciated...food is very good! Kids loved the pool.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I'll get to the point to make this a simple read
1. Easy to find and a nice location
2. Cleanliness: Good; the way it should be
3. Restaurant service: Good; a few minor errors, but the buffet was nice, well stocked and maintained propery. Service: Friendly
4. Room; the room was nice and clean; the bathroom was clean top to bottom, which is a major A Plus

Overall, I would, and have recommended this hotel to a friend who will stay here in September. I stayed only 1 night, but I would expect nothing to be different if I were there 2 or 3 nights.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Pepperell, MA
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Unfortunately, we didn't get to take advantage of the free ameneties because we arrived late. However, the room was very classy, comfortable and clean. I would highly recomment this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
maryland
Reviewed August 20, 2009

The rooms are always clean, the Staff is always the most helpful, The restaurant and lounge have everything you need. Second to noone is Amanda Beale. Effecient speedy check-in the brightest smile and coutinuous extra effort to make my stay comfortable. Thank You Amanda!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I was 100% satisfied with my stay at the Crowne Plaza Nashua. From Check-in to Check-out the staff was exceedingly friendly and attentive, which was a refreshing change from some previous hotels at which I have stayed. I am the type which always needs to be connected to the internet for email and the like, and I promptly discovered that the in-room internet connection was particularly fast. We stayed on the executive level and found the free cocktails and hors d'œuvres, as well as the complementary breakfast, a great addition to the stay. Additionally, when it was time to sleep, the bed was extremely comfortable and the floor was free of disturbing noises. Overall I was completely satisfied with the service, room accommodations, and I would recommend staying at this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Nashua.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashua, NH
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza August 2, 2008 for my wedding night. I booked a room on the Executive floor for my husband and I, and blocked off a section of about 10 + rooms on another floor for our wedding party, parents, and some guests. I specifically asked if all of the rooms could be next to each other, with no other guests in between, as I knew that any group after a wedding can be louder than normal, and I did not want to disturb anyone. They assured me that since I was blocking so many rooms, they would be able to accommodate this request.

When we got back to the hotel rooms at night, there were many problems. In our executive room - the jets in the jacuzzi tub were broken, and there was no fridge (like they said there would be). My friends and family were trying to hang out afterwards, and found out that there was a youth soccer team and coaches that were staggered between all of their rooms. Also - they had booked people from a conference in nearby rooms as well. None of the rooms they had booked my guests were actually next to each other, so the other hotel guests complained about the noise (naturally, as I would also). Instead of hotel management coming up, they called the police. At 2 am (we had only gotten back there at 1 am) they told half of my wedding party that they had to leave. They were all from out of town, and ended up having to take cabs to another hotel (which got really expensive).

I wrote a letter to complain about this night, and it was somewhat helpful, but not much. Crowne Plaza never reimbursed their rooms, even though they were only in them for an hour. They offered only me a free nights stay, that is it. Come to find out a year later, it can only be used at that exact location, nowhere else. I live right around the corner, so I really wouldn't be staying there again anyways, but would have liked to use it in another state. They said there was nothing they could do.

Overall, I am really disappointed with the service I received there, and how unwilling they were to help, especially since I had such a bad experience on my wedding night. I should have gone with the Radisson like I originally planned.

• Stayed August 2008