“My Daughter's Wedding”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My daughter and her fiancee chose the Crown Plaza after considering many in the area. I don't know if you call New Hampshire in February a Destination Wedding, but they booked the entire 8th floor including the Presidential Suite. We were not disappointed. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the staff very accommodating.There was a large common sitting area where the guests could sit and relax before the wedding reception. Although I didn't try it I also heard from guests that the food in the grill (Speaker's Corner) was also very good. All in all, this place is a winner.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear DMG1214,
Thank you for your great review of our hotel and congratulations on the recent marriage of your daughter! We are so happy that it was such a great weekend for everyone involved and that you and your family and friends were able to visit and relax on our Executive level in comfort and privacy. Best wishes to everyone - especially your daughter and son-in-law!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The restaurant and bar area is very nice. A little pricey, but good food and drinks. Great place for a gathering with friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Cathy S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy some of the amenities that the hotel has to offer. We hope that you will be back to stay with us again the next time you have an opportunity to visit Southern NH.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I booked the valentine weekend special. We stayed on Saturday night, February 15, 2014. Our room wasn't ready and we waited 45 minutes for staff to find another room. It wasn't a big deal and sometimes this happens. The staff was courteous and friendly. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and the food and the presentation were very nice. The room was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable.
The cons were things that were easy fixes but demonstrate a lack of attention by management. There was a tile in the bathroom off, wall paper was pealing and worn. Again, not a big deal, but an indication that they aren't paying attention.
The bar seemed dirty and also needs attention. Fabric on the seats was worn and the entire bar was dated. It looks like it wasn't touched in the past 20 years.
All said, we would go back. The cons we minor and hopefully will be addressed. The staff was nice, they have a parking garage and, issues aside, the rooms are nice.

Room Tip: There are plenty of family friendly restaurants in the immediate area. There is a really nice outle...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear srtrvlr_9,
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. Thank you also for your feedback on the guest room and restaurant - it will help us address needs within the hotel. I do apologize that your room had some issues and we will be more vigilant upon inspection of the guest rooms. We do update rooms throughout the hotel continuously so that we can try to avoid these situations. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself here regardless of the issues and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed here this past Sat. just me and my husband. Nice night out no teenagers. We loved the 8th floor, and felt spoiled rotten by Maureen. She is so kind, and witty and attentive! Loved the room! In fact we'll be back next Wed. and bringing our 16 year old daughter. So we'll be back up to see Maureen then! My daughter will love all the little touches. Too bad you didn't have King suites with the sofa bed up on the 8th, but doesn't stop us. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Tracy M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much and that you and your husband were able to get away and relax. We think Maureen is wonderful too!! We look forward to seeing you again and I'm sure Maureen will love to meet your daughter.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had been searching for a hotel to stay while visiting our son. Originally I had planned to stay at the Hampton Inn, but chose this hotel as their rate was comparable and I thought it would be a nicer stay for our family. Boy, was I wrong. The room was just ok...nothing spectacular to say the least. First order of business was to take the boys to the pool. The pool was basically non-descript. Nothing special at all...I've seen better pools at less expensive hotels. However, things got worse! We put the boys to bed and I went to take a shower...NO HOT WATER!!!!! NONE!!!!!!!!! Not even lukewarm! By this time, the boys were asleep and I didn't want them disturbed. I figured that maybe this was a temporary thing. In the morning, I checked again...it was a little warm, so I decided to shower...within 2 minutes it went from warm to ice cold! I screamed. When we checked out my husband told the desk clerk who said, "We will get maintenance on it right away. Sorry." That was it! Seriously?? We then were going to have brunch. We got to the restaurant and asked if we had a reservation, I said no, is that a problem? His response was, I suppose not, but it would have been helpful. Looking around the restaurant, it certainly was not packed and we were seated right away anyway. I will never stay here again. There are plenty of other options in the area and I will not waste my money or time on this place!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Lori N
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Lori N,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us and I would like to apologize that your stay here was not more pleasant. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it will help us improve the hotel and our guests' stay.
I have noted your comments regarding the hot water and our Engineering Dept. is looking into what the issue could have been so we can avoid something like this from happening again in the future. I would also like to apologize for the response you received during check-out. We set a very high standard for ourselves to resolve guest issues at the time of the problem, I regret that we were not aware of a hot water problem within the hotel so that we could have fixed that for you.
Also, you probably noticed that our Health Club/pool area is undergoing renovations so that area will be significantly improved.
Let me assure you that we do value our guests here and I apologize that you did not get that impression while staying with us. It sounds like you may have another opportunity to visit the Southern NH area while visiting your family and we hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was at the Crown Plaza, Nashua, NH for a convention. This is a fairly new facility that is well kept, clean and spacious. The meeting rooms are large and well lit.

One of the things that I use as a major rating on a hotel facility is the staff. This hotel would be at the top of the list. From the greeting as I entered from the bell man at the front door, the the very friendly and helpful front desk staff, everyone you encounter at this facility are willing to do whatever is necessary to make you stay nice.

The room I had was large, bright and clean. Bed was comfortable with a good size desk for work.

This would be a good pick if you have the need to stay in Nashua, NH!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bryant A

Dear Bryant A,
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. It is great to see the staff here recognized for their hard work and service to our guests. If you have another chance to stay in the Southern NH area we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, but outside of the famous Peabody, I can't remember being greeted by a family of ducks before. Attended a conference held at the Crowne Plaza, and was pleased from the moment I arrived. Not your average cookie-cutter box shaped hotel. Lovely spacious lobby, nice meeting rooms. Everything bespoke of a well cared for property. My only "complaint" was the lack of a lobby gift/snack shop for quickly picking up items/snacks. This is something still appreciated by travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear DCHinckley,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, we appreciate your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's ironic that you would mention a gift shop as we are currently developing space just off the lobby for a coffee shop (proudly serving Starbucks coffee!) and gift shop. We plan to have this open in February, so when you have another chance to visit Southern NH you will be able to grab coffee, food items and sundries as well! We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashua
Hampton Inn Nashua
#6 of 13 in Nashua
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gateway Hills Nashua
Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merrimack

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua? Share your experiences!