“avoid unless you're a narcoleptic with low standards”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Ware
“avoid unless you're a narcoleptic with low standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'm sure this was a great hotel when it was new but now it just seems tired and un-loved. The rooms have scuffed and peeling wall paper, the hot water takes about 5 minutes to come through, the menu promised the extra-ordinary and delivered the very ordinary (Salmon salad with no Salmon on one night!). The concept of boiling hot water for tea was almost too much for them. The walls were thin - conversations from the next room were clearly audible.

My biggest problem though was with the aircon - There was a constant, loud 'thrub-thrub-thrub' that sounded like a truck was outside my window with the engine running (all night). My room was 4 floors above the unit that chilled the restaurant and it was so noisy I couldn't sleep. Moving rooms to the back of the hotel helped - it didn't seem like the staff really cared though.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms at the front unless you're deaf or can sleep though the noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NickpWare
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear NickpWare,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations and the service you received during your stay. We are working hard to improve our product and would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for your poor experience.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Northumberland UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on a recent business trip and have nothing but good experiences to pass on. The staff were professional, efficient and incredibly welcoming – it was a pleasure to interact with them. The rooms and and lounges are spacious and great to relax in, and, as picky mattress people, we were impressed with the comfortable bed. Don't forget to check out the lovely, wood-panelled bar, a real treat.

1 Thank AlanDaneet
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Nashua is good quality hotel choice for the area. It's not large or new, but more than adequate for individuals or small groups. And it is not expensive.
The rooms and meeting space are nice and the Lounge and Restaurant have good food, drinks and service.
The hotel is conveniently located off of Rt. 3.

Room Tip: There is only one set of stairs - and one end of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank riny
Gladstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We recently used the Crowne Plaza in Nashua, NH as the venue for my daughter's wedding. We had a little bump with a staff member at the beginning of our relationship with CP. I received a personal call from the General Manager and it was resolved quickly and to our utmost satisfaction. From that point forward, I have nothing but fabulous things to say about Kirsten Sea Perry who was our wedding planner/coordinator. She handled all of our MANY questions quickly and made sure that my daughter's vision for her wedding ceremony and reception became a reality. During the weekend of the wedding, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It was a positive experience from beginning to end. It is so nice to actually receive stellar customer service in a time where it is sadly lacking at most businesses. Definitely consider using CP Nashua as a wedding venue. It was priced VERY well. Everyone raved about the food. We used the stations menu and people loved the mashed potato bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel overnight during our "tour" of NE. Overall, a very nice property ( yes, it's a little dated, but in a very good shape), conveniently located, with excellent customer service. The guest relations manager comped us 2 free brunches, without us even requesting it (well, there was a MINOR hiccup and the manager insisted that we take those free vouchers)!
If you expect a "Four Seasons" type of property- it's not for you, but if you need good, upscale, reasonably priced hotel- go for it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Belgreen, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I travel for work and find myself in a different hotel room almost weekly. After a while, they all pretty much seem the same, a bed, a bath, a tv. What has come to make the most difference in my opinion of various properties is the people. That is what impressed me most about the Crown Plaza Nashua. Yes, it is a lovely, well-maintained property, with beautiful grounds, comfortable,clean rooms and an excellent restaurant. More importantly, from check in to check out, I was treated as a welcomed, honored guest by every staff member I encountered, in a warm, genuine way. I would recommend this property to anyone,whether traveling for business or pleasure.

Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My recent stay at the Crowne Plaza was perfect in every way. Comfortable surroundings and room, exceptional service from an amazing staff and a reasonable price.

I recently visited Nashua with plans to stay with family. I had cause to seek a hotel when my son informed me I wouldn't be able to stay with him (there was a plumbing problem and the house had flooded.) This prompted me to call the Crowne Plaza, a hotel I had stayed in often from 1989-92 but hadn't been to since. During the years I stayed at the Crowne Plaza I was there approximately 40+ nights. During those stays everything was exceptional - from my reception at the front desk by the friendly competent and professional staff, to the clean, comfortable room, quality food and exceptional amenities (a full health club, including a large pool).

During my stay I met and got to know the then Manager, Tim Hogan. Tim was everything a great hotel manager should be. He was passionate about customer service and truly empowered his staff to, "Do 'whatever it takes' to make our guests stay exceptional*.

When I called the hotel, I asked if perhaps Tim Hogan was still there. To my surprise and delight, Tim was still there (He was now the General Manager). When I spoke with Tim, ato my suprise, he rembered me after all these years and, though the hotel was very full (this was for a Saturday night and there were weddings and a prom taking place.), he was able to accomodate me.

I stayed for two nights in a lovely room on the concierge floor (the 8th, accessible only by those staying on that floor, room key required). Again to my surprise, the concierge was the same person who had been there some 24 years ago, Maureen. Maureen too rembered me and she was the same delightful woman with a true passion for looking after her guests. During the complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour, The food and drinks were very good and, as it was years ago, the service was exceptional. (I think Maureen probably remebers every person who has ever stayed on "her" floor. :-) Thanks for a great stay after all these years Tim, Maureen and staff.

As one who stays in hotels often (for both business and pleasure - approximately 50+ nights a year - I am a tough critic and do not provide recommendations easily or often. In the case of the Crowne Plaza, Tim Hogan and the staff, I give my highest recommendation with no reservations (pun intened) whatsoever.

The Crowne Plaza is THE place to stay in the Southern New Hampshire area.

*During one of my stays I witnessed an incident that really demonstrated Tim Hogan's empowering of his staff and their committment to customer service. A person checked in at around 11:15pm.I was in the hall when he was opening the door to his room and he inquired of a staff member, who cleaning up a spill in the hallway, what time room service was open until. The staff member informed him that room service finished at 11pm and was now closed. The individual checking in then asked if there was a restuarant nearby that would be open at that hour. The staff memeber said there was but it was a couple of miles away (this was in 1990 or so and there weren't any restaurant close by to the hotel. These days there are many to choose from within wlaking distance). When the individual informed the staff memeber that he didn't have transportation, the staff memeber immediately said, "I'd be happy to drive you. Meet me in the lobby when you're ready." His staff memeber didn't need to check if this was okay to do. He didn't need approval from a manager, he already had it based on Tim's philosophy of 'do what it takes'. The staff memeber then drove this individual to the restaurant...in his own car...and then when back to get him later. That's the kind of staff empowerement that ensures your stay at the Crowne Plaza is exceptional

Robert Lownie
Director, Strategic Proposals

Room Tip: I recommend a room on the 8th floor if one is available. Maureen will take great care of you. There...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashua
Courtyard Nashua
Residence Inn Nashua
Residence Inn Nashua
#4 of 13 in Nashua
BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua? Share your experiences!