“Some of the best Mexican food to be found anywhere (and margaritas too)”
Review of La Carreta

La Carreta
Ranked #16 of 262 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great little restaurant on DW in South Nashua. Don't be turned off by its mini-mall location, this is a fantastic restaurant. The margaritas are big and to die for and unlike other "great" Mexican restaurants whose food only tastes great after drinking those margaritas, their food is simple yet tasty and delicious. The tacos are small and simple, but some of the best you will ever eat. Re-fried beans are the best I've ever had, even the cheese quesadillas are a delight. The specialty plates are even more wonderful. On weekend nights, the wait can be well over an hour, so be prepared to wait at this great gem, but the wait is well worth it.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I LOVED going to this place for Mexican until they tried ripping us off. We noticed our bank account showed a charge of exactly $100 more than our meal cost. I tipped a usual 20% but the bill was only $45. When we went to the store in search of an explanation, the manager asked for a receipt. Of course we don't save them from dinner (our fault) but with enough haggling, the "manager" went into the back to find a copy of the bill but amazingly couldn't produce anything for that particular meal. They do claim to keep records of every transaction. Anyway, the guy came out to the register, opened it up and handed us a $100 bill. He was not at all alarmed and said the waiter would be reprimanded. We also demanded our $45 back because of the hassle, and he gave it back as long as we agreed to not make a fuss. After talking to many other locals, we learned that this is a common occurrence at this restaurant. It sounds and felt like the managers are in on it. This is very frustrating because we liked going there so much. I would rate the food here with 5 stars, but I give just one due to their dishonest business practice.

2  Thank BeantownGringo
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We've considered this place the best Mexican food for miles around. It's always good. Always. But there is always something about the "atmosphere" that caused me to drop it from a 5 to a 4. Last time it was because it was freezing there. Before that blaring hard rock music. Before that a TV blaring right in the dining room and not at the bar. Each time they made a good attempt at fixing the issue which goes in their favor, but why have to ask. And occasionally slow service.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the families favorite for a full menu Mexican restaurant in Southern NH. The food is very good, the service is great as well. As other reviewers have indicated, parking can be difficult as the restaurant is in a little strip shopping center and parking can get tight. There is frequently a wait (and I HATE to wait, but the family prevails). Once seated the service is fast and the food comes quickly. I enjoy the chips and salsa while we wait for the food to arrive. I think the fact that there is frequently a wait speaks to the popularity of the restaurant versus poor management.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I always choose La Caretta when I want Mexican food. Their dishes taste the closest to the Mexican food that I have had in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. I recommend this restaurant if you are looking for authentic Mexican food. The waiters are all very pleasant and efficient. But, you must go early because the word is out that this is a great place to eat and you may have a brief wait!