“Consistently great!”
Review of La Carreta

La Carreta
Ranked #14 of 258 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We always have a wonderful meal at La Carreta. The service is just as great as the food and whether we eat in the restaurant or get take-out, it's always good. There's usually a long wait to be seated on Friday and Saturday evenings so plan ahead and get there a little early, or be prepared to wait. But... it's very much worth the wait!

There are newer reviews for La Carreta

Reviewed October 14, 2013

La Carreta on DW Hwy in Nashua is the best Mexican Restaurant in New Hampshire. Staffed by effecient, fast and friendly wait staff, this restaurant is always busy because the food is great. The nachos and sauce are home made and every dish is great. I love their Chile Rellenos and the Shrimp Quesadilla but everyone I have gone there with agrees the food is great. Most Mexican Restaurants in New England are just not nearly as good as the southwest but I would take any of my southwestern friends here.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of the better Mexican restaurants in the Nashua NH area. Portion are OK, maybe than can do better in continent section. (I usually need to ask for extra cheese and sour cream) Parking is a hustle. (To many stores use the same space.)

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have frequented La Carreta for years. NO MORE!!!!!!
We have never been treated so poorly by a restaurant in our life.
I got a burrito deluxe, as usual. Well it came swimming in red sauce. I tried to
scoop out as much as I could, but with no avail. So I had to send it back.
Well, at the end of our meal the manager, Amalia, came over and scolded me
for sending it back and told me, " I send back to much food". I was not about to
eat a soupy buritto. She was also referring to the time a month ago when I send back
a COLD buritto. I am not eating a cold burrito, period!!!
Get this, we were told by the waitstaff that they pay for you meal if you send it back! Have
you ever heard of such a thing? We were shocked to hear this. Why would you work
there? My burrito was $4.99, what if someone sent back at meal over $10, that
must be a catastrophe!!!!
My husband called the owner last week and spoke to him about what happened, he took
our phone number and told us he would call back . HE NEVER DID!!! Great Hospitality!
After frequenting a restaurant for so many years and treating us like this, SHAME ON YOU
LA CARRETTA, we will NOT be back!!!!!
Also, making your waitstaff pay for meals sent back that the COOK made. SHAME ON YOU FOR THAT TOO!!!! I wouldn't work for you. Is your staff on a green card. Why would they put
up with that policy?
Do yourself a favor and look for other employment.

2  Thank Paula H
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We came upon La Carreta late on a Sunday evening. Tired and hungry, we found this place to be a real oasis of great Mexican food and great margaritas. My wife is an oil-free vegan, so she enjoyed the veggie burrito. I enjoyed the grilled marinated shrimp and vegetables. Both were superb. The staff, even late on a Sunday night, were chipper, efficient, knowledgeable and friendly. We both enjoyed a sampling of their varied margarita choices, and they were perfect. We would go back in a heartbeat whenever we're in the area.