“Unique, extraordinary, a real pleasure!”
Review of Unums - CLOSED

Unums
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
manchester, nh
“Unique, extraordinary, a real pleasure!”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I can't believe we've missed this gem for two years! My husband and I are always hunting for a restaurant we can count on for a great evening out, which, with 5 kids, has become a rare and much-anticipated event. Unums is perfect. The atmosphere is cozy, the decor clever without being kitschy, the background music spot-on. The menu is an Mediterranean inspired, extraordinarily imaginative. The mushroom risotto entree, Unums tart, and salad appetizers were unusual and delicious. The tiramisu was good, but if I have to note on criticism, I'd prefer a little less mascarpone and more of the soaked ladyfingers. The price was good for comparable quality, but excellent given the chef's imagination. Our waitress, Kyra, was pleasant, helpful and patient. Terrific!

Providence, RI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dining experience we have had since moving here 3 months ago”
Reviewed October 30, 2009

This restaurant is a hidden gem. It isn't on the central artery through town so you won't happen upon it. So get directions as it is just off Main St. We moved here from the Providence RI area and have been largely disappointed in the restaurants in Southern NH until stumbling on this venue. The management is very friendly, the bartenders are both friendly and knowledgeable. The menu can best be described as eclectic and different. My wife and I both loved our entrees and the flatbread appetizer. Try this excellent restaurant, you won't be disappointed,

Boston
“Unums in Downtown Nashua - Our favorite night-out restaurant!”
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Unums is a wonderful restaurant for couples or a family celebration. We love going to sit at the bar and sample their excellent and always changing wine list (Wednesdays are Wine Down Wednesday) and are working our way through all their tasty flatbreads from the bar menu (the best we have had...super crispy with interesting topping combinations). The service is excellent and they always make you feel welcome. I took my parents there for a special occasion and service was excellent as well as the main entrees . They keep asking when we can go back!

New Hampshire
“Really great food.”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I went to Unum's last night for dinner for the first time. I can say that it is our favorite new restaurant. Too bad it took us a year to finally try it.

The first impression is that there is a really nice and unique atmosphere. There is a very warm and cozy feeling about the restaurant. We were greeted by one of the owners, Steve. We were seated and were given a list of specials along with the menu. There were many app and entree specials. Prices are average. Certainly notyour night out at Friendly's prices, but not over the top. And based on what we got, the prices were fair. There was definitely something on the menu for any palette. I ordered the duck entree, my husband ordered the split chicken breast. Both of our meals were superb. Great flavor, nice portions, nice presentation. The hardestpart about the expreience was trying to decide on what it was I wanted, as everything sounded very good.

All in all I would highlight the great as:
--Food was excellent.
--Atmosphere was unique and inviting.
--I love a place that serves bottled beer with a frosty glass, which I got.
--Everything is completely cooked to order. So don't expect a meal quickly, which I appreciate.
--Portions were definitely not small, but not overdone either.
--Nice presentation. From the dinnerware to the food on the plate.

A couple of minor things that could be improved, but certainly not negative:
--Service was good, but you could tell that they try very hard to impress.
--Twice food was brought to our table that was intended for the table next to us. Maybe the server was new and still learning table numbers.

All in all, this is our favorite new place in Nashua. I highly recommend.

Cleveland, Ohio
“They Totally Get It”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

As part of my business venture, I to try to help restaurants improve the quality of the wine offerings and service. I am typically very critical of restaurant wine lists and normally take some winning over.

This past Saturday my wife and I had a chance to get out on a date night. We decided to go with somewhere which we have not been previously. We went to Unums in downtown Nashua and immediately I knew we made the correct choice.

Co-owner Stephen Williams greeted us at the door with a handshake and escorted us to our table. From there on we had a terrific culinary experience. We decided on going with three appetizers instead of entrees so that we could sample some of Chef Brianas’ creations. With a line-up of fresh gnocchi & shrimp in a peanut sauce, a red pepper stuffed with mozzarella and sausage, and finished it off with baked brie & fruit plate how could we go wrong?! FYI – the portions were very generous!

When it came to wine, Unums has a very diverse list with some interesting selections. We decided to accompany our meal with a bottle of 2005 Robert Stemmler Nugent Vineyard Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley. It was a very fragrant and well-balanced Pinot and went well with all three dishes.

For dessert we enjoyed a glass of 1999 Felsina Vin Santo of the Chianti Classico region of Tuscany. This was a very interesting wine due to the fact that it had such strong cognac features on the nose. It was very well crafted and a good recommendation!

During our visit, Stephen and our waitress, Kira, were exceptionally gracious and attentive, yet not overbearing in the slightest. We were there for about three hours and it truly felt like they enjoyed us hanging around. Stephen and I had a chance to talk about the wine offering and also recommended some of his preferred wines. He also shared with me his ambitious endeavor to further improve the wine list and attempt to obtain Wine Spectator recognition. Considering his passion for enhancing his patrons’ experiences and love for well-crafted wine I believe he will certainly obtain this.

In the past I believed that Michael Timothy’s offered the best total experience in town. My opinion has been swayed and I can definitively say that Unums is the true culinary gem of Nashua! The owner, staff, atmosphere, food and drinks, brilliant!

I hope you enjoy unums as much as we did!

3 Thank E S