“Surf's Up was wicked awesome”
Review of SkyVenture

SkyVenture
Ranked #2 of 30 things to do in Nashua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I took my 10 and 8 year old daughters to Surf's Up with a Groupon. They had a blast. They have taken surfing lessons last summer at the ocean. My 8 year old was very nervous about falling, but they said that part feels like a slip 'n slide. She loved the boogie board time a lot better. My 10 year loved the surfing time better than the boogie board. LOL They can't wait to go back and do it again. The guys instructing them was great with them(I will be writing a quick email to the managers about him). They really enjoy their job!I have told friends and they want to bring their kids. I can't wait to go back...maybe I'll try it with them.

There are newer reviews for SkyVenture

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went with a groupon for the kids and their friends. 30 min session. They had a blast learning to surf and then boogey board at the end. Have to agree with another review that the boogey board part was tough because the older folks hogged the spaces and the little kids couldn't fit. Would highly recommend for a cold or rainy day indoor activity. Look for groupons. They don't let you take photos with the ruse that it is for the privacy of visitors- yet they email you photos of yourself and of course all the other people that are there for you to purchase- so the privacy thing is bogus.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our girls want to learn to surf - but we weren't sure about the cost to get into it. When we saw this groupon at Christmas time it was the perfect opportunity to get them a chance to try it. They are all totally hooked!!! They surfed, boogie boarded and rode the fish pipe. Loved every minute and we will be repeat customers! The staff was very helpful and patient. The facility us impeccably clean. Great experience all around - worth every penny!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Whole family used a Groupon ( so I'm into the place for $120) which is actually a good deal. My wife and I really enjoyed it, and so did our girls (8&10) to a point. When the class changed from surfing to Boogie Boarding, my daughters were not able to get into the water because teenagers were using the space where new riders get in... The rode the waves the whole time, without letting my girls in... When they cried the whole way home (after telling me the story) I told them I would fix it. Called the place the next day, left message, manager called me back, after hearing the whole story, we offers $5 off next visit.... I offered to pay the Groupon rate directly to them for another visit ($60 in their pocket w/ no Groupon "cut") so that my 2 little girls could go back but manager refused. $80 or no deal.... I would have expected better, in an attempt at a long term customer... Have used them 2x previously for indoor skydiving... no longer interested in patronizing this business because of the way the Manager handled a poor experience from my 2 little girls.

11  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I took 5 boys ages 12 and 13 to skyventure for the surfing and fishpipe. They really loved the fish pipe - one boy said that was the "most fun he's had in his whole life" ( a little dramatic but still)! If it was cheaper, I think they would have a line all the time, but at $20 per person, one ride was all the boys got. They did the surfing for an hour, which is actually two half-hour sessions, but it gave them plenty of time to get the hang of it. They split the line into two sides -- one for lefty one for righty, and when the lefty line was very short, they decided to switch to the lefty side and they actually did a lot better. It may have also been that the instructor on that side did a better job of coaching them on how to do it. At the end they give everyone about 5 minutes to boogie board which the kids thought was even more fun than surfing. They could all get in at the same time and they all tried bumping each other out. The tiki bar was pricey and no alcohol ( I guess this is sensible but if you are just there watching your kids it might be nice since that's what we like to do in tropical temps!). The no photos rule is dumb. Ok to take photos of the fish pipe but not the surf machine. Even when the kids were standing in line and the machine was off, I was told no pictures. Only negative is the picture police. All in all, they all had a excellent time and would do it again in a heartbeat!