“They left out my little ones”
Review of SkyVenture

SkyVenture
Ranked #2 of 27 things to do in Nashua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“They left out my little ones”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Whole family used a Groupon ( so I'm into the place for $120) which is actually a good deal. My wife and I really enjoyed it, and so did our girls (8&10) to a point. When the class changed from surfing to Boogie Boarding, my daughters were not able to get into the water because teenagers were using the space where new riders get in... The rode the waves the whole time, without letting my girls in... When they cried the whole way home (after telling me the story) I told them I would fix it. Called the place the next day, left message, manager called me back, after hearing the whole story, we offers $5 off next visit.... I offered to pay the Groupon rate directly to them for another visit ($60 in their pocket w/ no Groupon "cut") so that my 2 little girls could go back but manager refused. $80 or no deal.... I would have expected better, in an attempt at a long term customer... Have used them 2x previously for indoor skydiving... no longer interested in patronizing this business because of the way the Manager handled a poor experience from my 2 little girls.

Visited March 2014
11 Thank Stephen M

Haverhill, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Surfing and Fishpipe are very fun!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I took 5 boys ages 12 and 13 to skyventure for the surfing and fishpipe. They really loved the fish pipe - one boy said that was the "most fun he's had in his whole life" ( a little dramatic but still)! If it was cheaper, I think they would have a line all the time, but at $20 per person, one ride was all the boys got. They did the surfing for an hour, which is actually two half-hour sessions, but it gave them plenty of time to get the hang of it. They split the line into two sides -- one for lefty one for righty, and when the lefty line was very short, they decided to switch to the lefty side and they actually did a lot better. It may have also been that the instructor on that side did a better job of coaching them on how to do it. At the end they give everyone about 5 minutes to boogie board which the kids thought was even more fun than surfing. They could all get in at the same time and they all tried bumping each other out. The tiki bar was pricey and no alcohol ( I guess this is sensible but if you are just there watching your kids it might be nice since that's what we like to do in tropical temps!). The no photos rule is dumb. Ok to take photos of the fish pipe but not the surf machine. Even when the kids were standing in line and the machine was off, I was told no pictures. Only negative is the picture police. All in all, they all had a excellent time and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Visited March 2014
Pelham
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Escape from Winter....”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Surfs Up at SkyVenture recently opened in December. Our kids (16, 12, 8) are always up for a new adventure. It was 15 degrees out but a humid, 85+ degrees inside. Ahhh.... I was finally warm!

We made our reservation two weeks earlier but others in our class signed up that day. There were about 12 students with two instructors and a spotter/life guard in their session. After a quick class and the addition of safety equipment (helmet and elbow/knee pads), they were ready to ride the waves! The three instructors were very patient, fun and encouraging. They held the board steady until each student had their balance and then let go. There were many wipe outs but with each turn, they became better and better. We didn't get the name of the instructor who helped our 8 year old daughter but he was incredible with her. He keep the board in place for her so that she would not instantly fall off giving her a nice long ride. He even spotted her when she fell so as to break her fall. I was very impressed with his attentiveness to her safety. My older sons enjoyed it just as much. They said it was challenging and fun. After about 20 minutes of surfing, they allowed the entire class to ride the waves on boogie boards. They enjoyed this even more!

Before we left, the kids also tried the endless water slide called the FishPipe. It looks like a hamster ball that spins with water inside. They loved it!

The observation area was in front of the surfing area and had a tiki bar for snacks/drink and plenty of tables to sit and watch. Don't expect to take pictures as they use their own photographer. I can't comment on the quality and price of the pictures yet as I haven't had a chance to review them. We were allowed to take a group picture before surfing. Overall, it was a wonderful way to spend a couple hours!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank MichelleK536
Atlanta, Georgia
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“Privacy for money”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I purchased a groupon for the new Surfing adventure at this location. The staff was fantastic-big plus there. The person that assisted with the surf lesson was great. My issue was the location's sneaky way to drive up costs but not letting anyone take photos. They SAY it is for privacy but they end up taking photos of the entire session and will eventually, they aren't ready yet, put all (yes everyone's) photos up who were in your class. So the privacy is a joke. People I don't know will have access to my photos. They should just admit they know people will want photos and they figure this is another way to squeeze money out of you. If it was really a privacy issue they would ask ahead if you even wanted your photo taken and give you a number or something to wear where you only look at your photos. Nope-they snapped photos of us without our permission and they will be available to all the strangers during our class. Not a class act.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank 147Adventure
Hudson, New Hampshire
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I wanted to do something different for my birthday and wanted something the family could do together. My sons had already tried this and had a blast so I figured why not try it. We had a GREAT time. It is a bit pricey but I would have spent at least this much going away for a night or two anyway. Our instructor (Andy I think) was awesome and took great care of us. Everyone we encountered from front staff to instructors were friendly. I would definitely recommend this place.

Visited December 2013