“Sophisticated Chinese Food”

Ranked #34 of 259 Restaurants in Nashua
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Had Dinner New Years Eve from the Lilac Blossom. It was great. I had Mala chicken, my husband had Mala seafood. Both had the correct amount of "hot", per our request. It was delicious! The garlic green beans were great, so much so that I wished they had a bit more in the to go box.
A definite must if you haven't tried this restaurant.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Someone told me about this restaurant, Chinese cuisine. They said, It was the best."
Well, I just had to try it for myself.
Lo and behold, it was the best I have ever eaten. I usually get Crab Ragoon and Pork Fried
Rice. I know it sounds boring, but I love it.
My husband got a Fried Shrimp dish and loved his also.
The second time around he had, Sweet and Sour Shrimp with Won Ton Soup. He said,
"it was the best he has ever eaten."
The second time we went I got Chicken Fried Rice. The rice was very good but the Chicken was
not so appetizing. It was big flat pieces of Chicken and I must say it looked like Chicken Skin to
me. Didn't like that. So I will stay with the Pork Fried Rice.
You can also order no MSG, please. Do not need all that extra salt.
The décor is elegant, which I like, and no hats on while eating, love that also.
The water has no usually taste to it, like a lot of restaurants do. It actually taste like well water.
The soft drinks are pricy, $2.95 a glass. I think they would like you to stick to the tea that is served. that was also very good.
Bon Appetite!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I would not recommend that anyone visit the Lilac Blossom on East Dunstable Rd. in South Nashua, New Hampshire. From how rudely I and my family were recently treated by Harry (the owner), and worse yet, what he said to me when I called to calmly explain my disappointment at our bad experience on Christmas day, it is clear to me that he does not care about his customers…I will not be returning. Here is a transcript of my conversation with Harry (I wrote it out before calling so that I could clearly state everything I wanted to say) and his response. I think it’s appalling, but you decide. By the way, I spoke calmly and never once did I speak rudely to him, use any colorful language or raise my voice.

“Hi Harry. I believe it was you that I spoke with last night. I wanted to call and speak with you about a bad experience my family and I had at your restaurant yesterday evening. We came in and did not realize that you were taking reservations last night, so we came in as walk-ins and were told you were unable to seat us until after 6:30p, which was fine. We understood and decided to wait. When we were called, we were taken to a table near the entrance on a busy isle. We told the hostess we did not care for the table location because of the traffic and cold air from the door. Looking around, we noticed no fewer than 10 open tables near the table we were given and by that time, it had cleared out and we saw no one else was waiting for a table”. Asking the hostess and you to change our table several times, we were met only with resistance, and finally, angry at that point, we just walked out after having waited nearly an hour."

"We live right around the corner from you and have been loyal patrons since you opened. It is not uncommon for us to dine there or take out a couple times a week, but I can honestly tell you that when we left, we were not happy with the way we were treated and were not sure that we would be coming back. I am a small business owner as well and wanted to share this with you since I am not sure you understood how upset we were.”

Harry started arguing with me and telling me that the restaurant was busy, it was Christmas day and that the waiters wanted to go home and that the waiters could not take any more tables. I tried to respond but was cut off. Finally, I asked him whether there was a waiter for the table I was given. He responded, yes, he was standing right there. I told him that with so many tables open right near the table I was given, it would have been nice and simple for them to accommodate our request by moving us to one of them and then having the waiter serve us there…Harry’s response was to argue more and tell me that my family should have been more accommodating to him. I reminded him that I was the patron and that I only had a simple request.

He kept arguing and I finally said to him, “You are just arguing with me. It really seems to me that you don’t care that we had a bad experience at your restaurant.” He said, you’re right…I don’t. I was floored. I told him that I did not feel that he was a good businessman and ended the call.

I don’t know how you all feel, but when a business treats me poorly or unfairly I do not feel compelled to give them my money. When a business, that is there to provide a service for patrons, mistreats patrons, I believe it is the responsibility of the patron to bring this to the business’ attention, because many times it is just a misunderstanding…this is what I tried to do. I was not asking for Harry to give me any kind of compensation mind you…some understanding and an apology would have been enough to keep us patrons. His sheer lack of concern for me or for my concerns sealed the deal. Do not give this man your business or money.

2  Thank B P
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We have always enjoyed our Chinese meals at Lilac Blossom. Food is delicious and service is top knotch.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I often order take out and have always loved the food here. We ordered the other night and the two young ladies at the checkout desk were friendly and cheerful. The girl who helped me confirmed the order and swiped my card. The other girl, who was helping another take out customer who came in at the same time as me, was being very impatient as the card processing machine was taking a long time to approve my card. It declined my card so my cashier asked for my card again and was about to swipe it when the other girl stopped her and swiped her customer's card instead. I voiced my objections and the young lady was confused about why I was upset and instead of aplogizing simply stated that she went ahead because my card wasn't processing. My card did go through fine the second time. She should have been patient and simply waited rather than cut in front because she didn't want to wait. She was rude and didn't apologize. I called later to speak to the manager and the same girl answered and told me the managers were at dinner and she didn't know when they would be back. She offered to help, but I wanted to speak to a manager. Interesting managing style to not be in the restaurant during the standard dinner hour of 6:15 pm. I left my name and number so a manager could call me, but haven't heard from anyone yet. Not sure I'm going back. Certainly don't want to be treated like that again!

2  Thank Dog_Lover_167

Been to Lilac Blossom? Share your experiences!