“Not ashamed to say I ate my leftovers for breakfast the next day.”
Review of Pizzeria Maria - CLOSED

Pizzeria Maria
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Honest, home cooked Sicilian pizza and fresh calzone served in a cozy, friendly and slightly upscale restaurant. Hand picked beer and wine labels.
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I deliver items to the shop all the time and are always reduced to drool by the aromas wafting from the building. We finally decided to give it a try this summer. Maria is a sweetheart and spent a lot of time with us "building" our perfect pizza. Nothing's premade, so the wait was a long one (they warn you about that right on the menu) but the seats were very comfortable, Maria & the other patrons were very friendly, and my husband & I each had a great beer while we waited (also, the Red Sox game was on the TV in the restaurant.) When the pizza came, it looked phenomenal and tasted even better! Abundant toppings and perfectly cooked, thick crust. We took more than half the pizza home as leftovers (the pie was BEHEMOTH), and I was so excited to eat it, I heated some up & had it for breakfast the next day (it reheats well!)
You'll pay more than at Domino's or Little Caesar, but the quality and supporting a local business is completely worth it. Nice work, Maria!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We recently moved into the area from Florida and wanted to try Pizzeria Maria. The pizza was fantastic! It is Sicilian pizza and it was yummy. It will take about 45 min to come out but the menu states that so you aren't surprised. Prices are a little higher than some pizza places but it is worth it trust me! Maria the owner makes it from scratch and is very friendly to customers. My wife and I will have to come back at some point.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Last Friday's Pizza Night was too hot to cook at home, so I ventured to try a pizzeria in Nashua we hadn't tried. The upscale topping options and the Sicilian-style pizza won me over and Pizzeria Maria was my choice.

The owner was busily making pizzas yet found time to make conversation and greet each party who entered. Customer connections are very important for repeat business and Maria does her best to win loyalty before you even taste her pizza.

Upon arriving home, we dug into the pizzas and the calzone (although some of our crowd insisted it was more of a stromboli than a calzone) and were very pleased. The dough was just right, the sauce was tasty, and the cheese was crisped around the edges of the pizza. Although I thought there could have been a bit more "topping" to the pizza, my Sicilian-pizza loving friends thought it was good. The calzone was quite good too, full of filling (buffalo chicken), a crisp exterior, and sauce for dipping.

We would definitely order pizza from here again and I would like to return to eat at the restaurant to get the "fresh from the oven" experience. I found the restaurant to be cozy and inviting while I was waiting for my pickup and would not hesitate to eat there.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ordered for out office staff today from here, we got several pizzas and a calzone. First off, the women who took the order was fun and pleasant to speak with. The prices are great and you get what you pay for. The Pizzas are not your standard New York style, these are Sicilian style. The crust and dough are delicious, light with a little crunch and a nice buttery flavor. One of the pizzas we ordered had bacon on it and it was not your store bought microwave bacon, this was thick sliced nicely cooked bacon pieces. We will definitely be ordering from here again.

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

An unexpected find in Nashua... amazing pizza! If you haven't tried Pizzeria Maria yet, you don't know what you're missing. Very high quality, crust is perfect and the sauce is tasty. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank JPortMe