“Good Mexican food”

Ranked #149 of 257 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: Mexican
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

On a Sunday afternoon the restaurant wasn't very busy, though there were more in the bar area. We were in the dining room and waitstaff was helping us immediately. A lengthy drinks list and many choices on the menu. They specially post a couple local craft brews which we ordered and were quite good. The food choices are all affordable (nothing over $16 and many under $10) and our choices, a burrito and a salad were both very good and filling.

• Visited July 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Consistently fabulous margaritas!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Met a group of friends there on a Friday night for a little reunion. The Herradura Rita's are always tasty, and made to perfection. The spinaca dip is also consistently good, and a staple when we go there. Sizes are good, so you can split some items-salads, burritos.

Visited June 2013
North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Predictable and Enjoyable”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The dining experience is always predictable and enjoyable. The food and tequila selection are varied and interesting. Service is always pleasant although the wait staff may be a bit busy. if you like things a little spicy, be sure to ask for the spicier salsa.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Brad F
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Consistently good”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been going to La Hacienda for years. Food is always consistently good and the drinks are always on the mark. Upgrades to the restaurant have been made over the years and because it is slightly apart from the main retail area of Daniel Webster Highway it often gets overlooked. Chips are warm, salsa is tasty and everything is fresh and homemade. The staff tries (and succeeds) at remembering what your special request drink was so that you feel like a regular versus a stranger. Pace is never rushed. Very reasonable.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank MFMaven53
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Satisfied!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a place I will return to, although I am not a great fan of Mexican food.

I stopped by for dinner and ordered the Lime Skirt Steak which came with rice and beans (of course). The steak was a bit tough but with high beef prices these days I understand. It tasted pretty good. The beans were probably not out of a can but made from dried beans and were some of the best I've had. The rice was OK. Also included was a cheese enchilada and that, plus the rojo sauce on it, was great! I asked for some hot sauce from April, my waitress, and she brought me Cholula and their "hot salsa", which wasn't. So she brought me some hotter sauce which was better but I like habanero sauce so I eventually got that which did the trick.

Together with an ice tea my bill was about $20.

They have an extensive list of Margaritas. Wish I had some place to walk to, rather than drive!

One negative comment. The entrance to the building was sketchy and smelled of Lysol or some other strong cleaner. I almost turned around and walked out but I continued in. I usually trust my first impressions and had I not been warmly greeted by April as soon as I entered I probably would have left. The inside of the place is very nicely decorated and clean. Get past the entrance and you'll be fine.

Visited May 2013

Been to La Hacienda del Rio? Share your experiences!