“Pleasant surprise!”

Pizzico
Ranked #64 of 265 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a nice little place this is... tucked away and genuine. The Ceasar salad was served just like I had it in Italy, with generous shavings of sharp parmesan. Yum. Our dinners were great too, and huge (not one of us finished). My husband's zuppe de peche and my lasagna were both delicious. And my 7-year-old daughter ordered homemade chicken fingers that were so yummy I almost stole them all off her plate. :-) The desserts were light and tasty, and my daughter's ice cream came in a little plastic bear that she got to take home. The waitress even washed it out for her before we left. My husband also tried a couple different martinis from the martini bar (attached) and liked them a lot. We will be back!

1  Thank thedishBoston

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife, friends and I used to go to Pizzico often when it first opened. We were among their first customers and credit ourselves for spreading the word. We've since stopped going as the service is so painfully slow and sporadic. On Saturday we ordered a pizza for delivery. The pizza arrived over an hour later and completely cold - not even warm to the touch. I knew that they use a delivery service and called Pizzico. I asked to speak to the manager. I am in customer service myself and I wanted to give him feedback on the delivery service they use. The manager was rude, surly and seemed to take my feedback, which was intended to provide him with helpful information, as a personal attack. This told us all we needed to know about Pizzico's attitude toward their customers and toward customer service - which is, after all, the only thing a restaurant has to offer. We won't be going back. There are plenty of other establishments that offer great food AND treat their customers courteously - especially the one's who care enough to provide feedback.

2  Thank MoreGetter
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I have been going there for at least 3 yrs. It's very good. The staff is friendly and the food hot. They have a nice selection and we feel it's one of the better Italian restaurants in the area. We have never had a bad meal there. I think one of the reasons why it's not overly busy is because of it's location. It's tucked in the back, it's easy to miss, and there's another Italian restaurant next to it but on the main road. Pizzico is a little pricy but well worth it. Also, beware, alcohol drinks are strong! The last time we were there, my drink was so strong I couldn't drink it. Overall it's a nice place.

1  Thank tb222
Reviewed October 12, 2013

You can tell a great deal about a restaurant by their wait staff. We have been going here for years and I mean years (over 15). Several of the staff have been there for as long as we have been going there. Why do we return? Quality food, excellent and personable service, and their specials.
We recently returned from another trip to Italy (Tuscany, Umbria and Venice). We actually had better food at Pizzico (as usual) than we did at several restaurant in Italy! Yes, perhaps the view is not spectacular as in Venice being in a small strip mall but the food...
When we go out to eat locally, we want dependable high quality food that is properly prepared and not a microwave special such as at some of the big chain restaurants serve. We know that this restaurant varies their menu with chef specials that are seasonal. I do admit I was saddened when they recently dropped my favorite spinach ravioli from their menu but a new Mediterranean ravioli just might replace my former favorite. My husband's special veal over beautiful wide noodles was outstanding. His meal came with a salad and he got their fabulous Asiago dressing which is my totally favorite dressing which I wish I could buy.
The desserts are something we enjoy only occasionally not due to their lack of presentation nor quality but rather we are just to full to enjoy them. The dessert cooler always reminds me that I should have thought of dessert BEFORE I thought of dinner.
Price are very reasonable. IF you are in Nashua, NH, make the effort to seek out this hidden jewel of quality food and service. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Claudia N
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visited the Pizzico Italian Restaurant & Pizza in Nashua, New Hampshire on October 5th 2013. This restaurant is located in the back of a strip mall. We were seated immediately in the restaurant are. There are about 20 booths for sitting. We did have a brand new waiter in training. At first he was a little awkward but by the end of the meal he had relaxed and was very good.

Our group had the Tortellini with tomato sauce, a large pizza, Greek salad and pumpkin cheesecake. All were excellent and the price was very good. The quality of the food was excellent.

The service was also very good with the waiter promptly refilling our sodas and promptly returned the boxed pizza we did not eat. We will definitely return when in the area,

1  Thank edfc

Been to Pizzico? Share your experiences!