“Reliable New Engalnd Seafood Here”

Weathervane Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 258 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

When visiting relatives in Nashua, we always go here where I order my traditional full-bodied clams. This is expected of me, although I am tempted by the other offerings I see. I sampled a lobster dish my husband ordered with pleasure. There are many fine seafood/lobster restaurants in New England, but this one is consistently good. I like the way the treat my 92 year old aunt and uncle, who are more regular guests as they live nearby.

There are newer reviews for Weathervane Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. I had my usual fish and chips. Always a great bargain. Nice piece of haddock and basic fries.

So, all in all, a decent experience. The waiter was very personable and adequately attentive. Food good. When the check arrived, I payed the bill on my credit card and left a generous 20% tip in cash. When this transaction posted on my acct. there was an additional $5 tip added to the amount!
I called the restaurant and was told that a $5 tip had been added to the total (not by me!!). But the mgr would call me back.
The next day Denise called me and while chewing on something, informed me that my acct had been credited the five bucks. Well, thank you very much. Great customer service!!
So, is the new thing for waitstaff to add additional tip if they feel like it? WOW!
So, if you choose to dine here and pay with a card, be sure to carefully check your bank statement.

1  Thank TeddyPoo143
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A dissappointing trip down memory lane for out of town family returning for a meal at a favored former haunt. Good friendly (not excellent; had to ask for ketchup etc ) wait staff; overly geasy entree fried seafood; excellent fish chowdah. Dated decor; dowdy atmospherics in an almost empty 7 PM Saturday night dining spot. No Malbec on wine list.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

everything is good. baked or fried seafood. great, fresh, tender, tasty. always excellent services too.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have eaten at the Weathervane for 20-25 years now. There was a time when it was stellar, but those days are past. The last 4-5 experiences have all provided sub-par food for too high a bill. I think we keep returning hoping we'll find what it once was, but we are always disappointed. On the positive side, the place is almost empty.

Sad, it used to be very special.