“Beware!”

Weathervane Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 256 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Beware!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. I had my usual fish and chips. Always a great bargain. Nice piece of haddock and basic fries.

So, all in all, a decent experience. The waiter was very personable and adequately attentive. Food good. When the check arrived, I payed the bill on my credit card and left a generous 20% tip in cash. When this transaction posted on my acct. there was an additional $5 tip added to the amount!
I called the restaurant and was told that a $5 tip had been added to the total (not by me!!). But the mgr would call me back.
The next day Denise called me and while chewing on something, informed me that my acct had been credited the five bucks. Well, thank you very much. Great customer service!!
So, is the new thing for waitstaff to add additional tip if they feel like it? WOW!
So, if you choose to dine here and pay with a card, be sure to carefully check your bank statement.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TeddyPoo143

N New England
“A mere shadow of its former self”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A dissappointing trip down memory lane for out of town family returning for a meal at a favored former haunt. Good friendly (not excellent; had to ask for ketchup etc ) wait staff; overly geasy entree fried seafood; excellent fish chowdah. Dated decor; dowdy atmospherics in an almost empty 7 PM Saturday night dining spot. No Malbec on wine list.

• Visited July 2013
Keene, New Hampshire, United States
“Real New England Seafood”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

everything is good. baked or fried seafood. great, fresh, tender, tasty. always excellent services too.

Visited August 2012
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Declining”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have eaten at the Weathervane for 20-25 years now. There was a time when it was stellar, but those days are past. The last 4-5 experiences have all provided sub-par food for too high a bill. I think we keep returning hoping we'll find what it once was, but we are always disappointed. On the positive side, the place is almost empty.

Sad, it used to be very special.

• Visited January 2013
Tallahassee
“Not as good as it used to be. :(”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Our server was great but that was all that was.
The food was good but not like it used to be.
We probably won't be back.

• Visited June 2013