“Try the Lanterns!”

San Francisco Kitchen
Ranked #62 of 262 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I travel extensively for my work (worldwide) but Nashua, NH, has been my home for over 20 years. San Francisco Kitchen is the best restaurant in town. When travelling, I rely on TripAdvisor to help me find hotels and restaurants. It just seems wrong to me that TripAdvisor lists over 40 restaurants in Nashua, but doesn't list San Francisco Kitchen. I hope you'll consider adding it to the TripAdvisor list.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ended up here when several other restaurants were closed on Labor Day and decided to just have apps, drinks, and sushi in the bar. We started with the Lanterns (similar to crab rangoons, but 100 times better) and they were delicious! They came with a unique dipping sauce (coconut and mango?) and were the best thing we had to eat all evening by far. The pot stickers were pretty forgettable and several items on the Appetizer Platter were WAY overcooked (the skewered chicken and beef were uncuttable and the winglets were small and totally dried out.) We also order two sushi plates and both of those were good but I would have preferred they removed the skin from the eel. Maybe this was a "down" day for the restaurant because it was a Holiday, but my money spends the same whether it's a Holiday or not! I'm not sure that "average" is going to cut it in this economy.

1  Thank chrprkns

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food is very good and so is the price. I love that it offers outdoor seating. Sometimes the service is a bit slow but we don't mind and enjoy sitting outside.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Whenever we have eaten here, we have had great food. As the name suggests, it has California style food that is refreshing in Nashua!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Before we left Nashua six years ago, San Francisco Kitchen was a regular for us. Today, on our way back from Vermont, we stopped in again for lunch. The restaurant has added space, but retained its comfortable intimacy. And the food remains terrific. We enjoyed the lucy buffet, which includes a variety of tasty and healthy choices. The hot and sour soup was excellent, the salad with multiple house dressing choices was crisp and fresh, and regular and recognizable menu choices were joined by salt and pepper salmon, "SFK" house braised pork ribs, fish and vegetable sushi. As an addition, my wife could not resist ordering their beef and basil egg rolls with a creamy apricot sauce - worth a trip of several hours!
We missed seeing William, Stephanie and Bastian, who we came to think of as friends while in Nashua and look forward to seeing again.

1  Thank Beachdancer104
Reviewed June 12, 2010

This restaurant has delicious food with Asian flavors. The bread is delicious sour dough. They have a wide selection of wonderful teas. The atmosphere is somewhat funky with modern light fixtures. Prices are moderate, portions are large. The appetizers are good. Try the hot and sour soup, but don't expect the usual Chinese type -- theirs is vegetarian, different and very tasty.

1  Thank Irishyankee811