“Daughter's wedding reception”

Castle in the Clouds
More attraction details
Owner description: This "castle," a former estate, and the surrounding grounds, offer remarkable views of the White Mountains and Lakes Region.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The staff were very helpful in making this day special for our family and guests. Fantastic views of the big lake.

1  Thank Jerry G
"parking area"
in 13 reviews
"worth the trip"

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a rainy , cloudy day, but we thoroughly enjoyed the trip to the castle- The waterfalls and the view from the castle are gorgeous- The garden terrace was a hidden gem/ The inside of the castle was Ok, was interesting,,but the view, the restaurant, the waterfalls, the beautiful landscaping all was totally worth this day trip.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

At the beginning of this summer my friends and i went to the Castle to hike and see the incredible view and we grabbed a quick
togo lunch- the greeter said we have "grab and go" it was ok like any other attraction.
We recently went up to the castle to see the fall foliage and we were pleasantly surprised with a menu change so we sat out on the patio
and it did take awhile to figure out what we wanted due to the fact it was an incredible menu for "an attraction". Everything on the menu
sounded scrumptious. We noticed a lady chef going around to tables to see if guests were satisfied, she stopped at our table
and asked if we needed any explanations of the menu. With her help we decided and wow, the flavors and the presentation was
terrific!!!!!!None of us were disappointed. The server was friendly and we all hope we get back before they close for the season.
I was impressed with the Chef, she came back to see if we were happy with our choices- now that is class!!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Mr. Plant built this mansion in 1910's and it is very well preserved an restored. Every room has artifacts relevant to that era and specific for that room's purpose. It was a very high tech place at the time: central vacuum, refridgerator, intercomm, high pressure showers, etc. If you are a fan of Downton Abbey you'll love the place. There are 3 picturesque stops on the way to the castle as you climbing the mountain and it was beautiful in October, I am quite certain that you can hike up if you want. Make sure to check out the stables and the mighty Zeuss.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The views are spectacular, especially in the fall! Check out the waterfalls and boulder on the way up.

Our lunch at the Carriage House Café was a disappointment. The server was very inexperienced. I ordered a baked haddock and after placing my order, they were out so I tried the seafood medley thinking it was a seafood platter. It came out as a fish chowder that was not appetizing at all. The waitress did not describe it as a bisque when I asked her how the haddock was cooked. My husband had the steak tips and all you could taste was salt! My cosmo tasted like the liquors were watered down.

I would recommend having a glass of wine or a beer near the fireplace. It was very relaxing and nice.

I would also recommend packing a picnic and enjoying a nice lunch with a beautiful view! There are some picnic tables on the way to the stables.

The Castle was really impressive. The views were nice and the décor was of the era. You had access in most rooms and nothing was roped off so you could really get up close to see everything. (NO bathrooms at the castle but there was a porta potty. ) You must take the tram to go up but take the trail on the way down. It is VERY short!

Overall, a very nice visit!

1  Thank travelnh1