“Good lunch”
Review of Chapanga's - CLOSED

Chapanga's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had the turkey club 2 days in a row with coleslaw. Fresh turkey and very tasty slaw. Dining partner had the hamburger with fries which was cooked properly and tasty.

Only had take out so I do not know about the inside.

1  Thank SALEM_JOHN

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We got seafood from there a couple weeks ago.As soon as we opened it,the smell was bad.We tried to eat a few bites,thinking maybe it was ok.The next day,everyone who had tried eating it,was very ill.After several calls to the Restarant,we got a voice mail from the owner.The number she left to contact her,was the restaurant.She was never there on the multiple occassions that I tried.Long story short,although the cook had indicated something would be done to compensate us,we are still getting the run around.The cook did assure us,he had spoken with people who had eaten the fish in that time period and they were "fine".I know we will never eat there again.Not just because of the illness but because of the lack of follow through on the part of the management team.We definetly do not feel like valued customers.

2  Thank cymrucheri
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have gone here 4 times always hoping that they have their act together. It just hasn't happened. The service is soooo sloooow. The last time we went it took an hour and a half to get seated and our meals to come out. This is 4-4 on the slow meter. The food is fine, but the wait ruins it...

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Food here is good, a little high in price for what you are getting but its reasonable, service is spotty and seems that its always a new face as a waitress none really seem to know much or care, bar seems to pull a crowd early evenings and they tend to be a loud and obnoxious and no regards to people there to eat dinner, and no staff makes the effort to quiet them down.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a former chain restaurant building that has been remodeled into a "sort of Sports Bar". When they first opened I had a couple of breakfast dining experiences which were "adequate", so tried a lunch experience, ordered a burger "Medium Rare" that arrived very "well" with no further visit from the Server, then visited another time, had a Reuben that was burned beyond recognition, so wrote this place off. But the place has survived, so I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and check it out, after all, places can evolve. Walking in there is the experience of the "Cheer's From Hell" in which nobody wants to know your name, but I ignored that. The patrons all seemed to interact well with each other, but the Staff was very friendly, so I grabbed a table. All of the table tops in sight had gouges and severe wear, which caused me to question my decision to give them another chance. What saved the day was Linda, who got me seated, her frioendly greeting was infectious, and I decided to stay. My coffee arrived quickly, tasted great ("black" of course), and I checked oput the menu. Breakfast is available all day, and they offer any of the sandwiches as a "half sandwich and soup" spoecial, or chilli if you prefer, I was interested in checking that out, and will next time, but I wanted to test them on their Burger. I ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger, Medium Rare. It was busy, so I was not surprised that my order took a while to arrive. But when it did arrive I was pleased. The bun was fresh, soft, warm ... the tomato was obvioulsly freshly sliced to the order, a nice touch, and the fries were clean in appearance, (obvioudly the oil had recently been changed). Tastes: the frries were fantastic, obviously cooked to order, note that the place was busy so one would not be surprised to have fries copoked ahead of time, but these fires were obviously cooked at the same time as was the burger. Ordered Medium Rare, the burger had a great char, not too much, the burger was really almost perfect. So, the food had all of the fine touches, the table tops need some major touches .... check it out, get there for some great food, ignore the tops of the tables, might just be the result of customers grabbing the tables in ectasy from the taste of great food!

2  Thank MO4975678910