“LOUD, lottsa tap beers, Good Food, & Brandon the Server A++”
Review of Clark's Tavern - CLOSED

Clark's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Understand, this is a BAR that serves food, but it is first and foremost a BAR, a Biker/working person's BAR, "Tavern" is a bit soft as a descriptor. There are a couple of tables on the sidewalk out front, inside the place is very crowded, and the music is very loud, expect that the bass will just about vibrate your plate off of the table. Conversation is difficult. BUT, do not allow that to scare you away, the food is certainly worth any discomfort from the music or crowded conditions.

Check out the menu on-line, find items that meet your needs and then get yourself on in. The place is a bit dark, so reading the menu at the table is difficult. There is a huge selection of beverages on tap, I had an Applehead Ale, the Server explained that all servings are a "pint" glass, my choice was $5 per pint glass. I like a menus of what is available on tap, including descriptors defining the flavor profiles, at Clark's there is a list of the names, written on a pillar.

My daughter had a Southern Comfort & Cake, $7, also served in a pint glass.

Our Server, Brandon, explained that he had only been working at Clark's for a couple of months, so had not tried all of the items on the menu, he is a very nice, nice person, very focused on our needs, had some suggestions, but seemed a bit uncomfortable. But, he is a genuine person and we enjoyed his company, and in the big picture, he is one of the reasons that we will return to Clark's. He has a welcoming personality and did a great job as a Server, was functional and gave us the proper amount of attention.

My Daughter ordered the Mac and Cheese, and we found it to be creamy, the pasta was al dente, a blend of cheeses, heavy on grated parmesan. Topped with toasted bits of pita bread, this dish was LARGE, in flavors and amount of serving size.

My Wife and I ordered the Tavern Hamburger, I added bacon and pepper-jack cheese. The burger comes with a bag of potato chips, a little bit of lettuce, a smudge of sliced red onion, and tomato. Pickles are not expensive, they add a nice flavor counterpoint to the rest of the plate. Lettuce is not expensive, and I would have preferred more on this plate, same for the onion. As to the chips, a bag of chips is consistent with grabbing a sandwich in a Biker Bar. A "Tavern" suggests that the place is a restaurant that serves beverages, Clark's is a bar that has food available, it is not really a "Tavern", as demonstrated by the bag of chips.

The burgers were ordered Medium Rare, arrived Medium. On the menu there is a notation that sandwich bread comes from (a local bakery), the buns were basic, nothing special, the burgers are advertised as including a burger sauce, which had a taste profile similar to that sauce used on a Big Mac. Next time I will ask for the sauce on the side as it detracted from the flavor of the sandwich.

The total for this adventure was: two burgers, each with a bag of chips, one bowl of Mac & Cheese, two beers, one Southern Comfort ... total $50.00

A fun experience with Brandon, but, a bit expensive, which probably explains why the entire time that we were there there was only one other table and two people sitting at the bar.

There are newer reviews for Clark's Tavern

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stopped in for a quick lunch. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are interesting food items like the Carmen fries --- fries with real parmesan cheese and ranch dressing. The chef is a "kitchen magician". Plus many beer choices!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I love it here! The owners are super nice and really put a lot into their work. The bartenders are super cool, friendly, and accommodating. The food is amazing! I've never had a bad meal at Clarks. I've also never had bad service or a complaint. They also have great music and really support the local music scene. I often play here on Sundays and once and a while a Friday or Saturday night and they have treated me like gold!

Clarks is the best pay them a visit!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Clarks Tavern is just off the ovel in Milford, NH. The food is basic but everything is very good. This is also a real music place with great staff, thanks Malcolm and Sue! There are a bunch of "local" places within a couple blocks but Clarks is my choice.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stopped in for a quick drink and snack while at the Milford Pumpkin Festival. Love the inside, all the photos and cool stuff up on the walls. Very friendly service, prices are good. Would love to go again with just the hubby.