“Good Fish,great service”

Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Milford, New Hampshire
“Good Fish,great service”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Milford Fish Market is a great choice if you are in the area and in the mood for Fish.They have a whole sheet dedicated to just the nightly specials.The menu is also long and varied.
The service was very thoughtful and attentive.When I ordered coffee,she said she would make a fresh pot for me.I was very happy to hear that as,I detest old coffee.She asked if we needed more time.We said we did so,she told us to put the menus together when we were ready to order.We had just done so and there she was.Excellent service.After we finished the main course,one of the owners came over and chatted with us.He asked how everything was and offered to bring us something else when he learned we hadn't enjoyed one of the sides.We were stuffed so we declined.The portions are very generous.I highly recommend this Fish Restaurant.

• Visited July 2012

Brookline, New Hampshire
“Fresh, Fresh FRESH seafood!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We ordered the TRIPLE lobster special.....perfectly steamed, tender & sweet (so it's hard to screw up lobster, right?) This restaurant goes beyond the basics with Halibut, Seabass & Salmon dishes made with bearnase or newburgh sauces, stuffed seafood, grilled or fried. The fried fish was lightly breaded and cooked in canola oil----looked amazing! Best of all, the new owners clearly care about customer satisfaction and repet business----everyone we encountered was very service oriented and eager to please. Best part----after you've had a great seafood dinner, you can buy fish to take home with a wonderful selection on the market side of their business. What a terrific find in our neighborhood! Thanks Milford Fish Market---keep up the god work!

• Visited June 2012
Lyndeborough, NH
“Waiting to be Impressed”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Being a fried clam addict, I popped into the Milford Fish Market the day they first opened, and although the service was sketchy I wasn't displeased, except for the batter on the clams. When I commented on this, one of the owners came to my table and explained their two-flour process, and he suggested I specify just one coating when I order. I did this the next time I went there, but it didn't make any difference. The batter was too thick, obscuring the flavor of the clams. The service was better on my subsequent visits.

My experience with the place is limited to their clams (adequate but unimpressive), but as they've continued in business they must be doing something right. Worth a try, I guess.

• Visited December 2011