Cherry Blossom Chinese & Japanese Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
New England
“Mooshi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Love the mooshi chicken (spelling?) Tons of sushi variations too, friendly staff.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Travalue

Harrisville
“A Great Addition to Milford”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

In a prior lifetime, this restaurant was Elisha's and it was, to be fair, horrible. We went once and never returned. We did find Cherry Blossom on the Restaurant.Com website offereing a gift certificate and decided to give the spot a try. (Please bear in mind that the wife and I are not real big fans of most chinese restaurants, finding the food generally grease-laden, heavy and of wildly-varying quality.)

The decor and welcoming committee are very nice and friendly, plus, the place looks clean and well maintained (tough for many chinese restaurants to stay ahead of). Our hostess was professional and pleasant and our server was a joy to work with. So far so good. You will be stuck by the sheer volume and variety of their menu. Since they serve both traditional chinese as well as japanese and sushi offerings, it may take you 10 minutes to determine your choice.

We ventured into the tempura vegetable appetizer and loved it! The batter was perfect, light, crispy and satisfying with firm zuchini and other vegetables included. I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of tempura done right. Then we stayed away from the poo-poo platter garden variety chinese fare and dove into some sushimi and sushi with citrus-cooked tuna to boot. All I will say is TRY IT and you will not be disappointed.

Service was attentive without being intrusive and there were no other disruptive patrons with screaming children to spoil it for us. Oh... the wife had a Saki martini and I would definitely recommend that drink. My martini was good, but pretty standard.

We are looking forward to returning. As I said, if all you want is the typical grease-laden poo-poo platter type Chinese, this may not be your best bet. But if you like to adventure out into some original and rewarding japanese/chinese fare, I think you will be quite pleased.

• Visited January 2012
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I have eaten here several times with my wife and also with several groups. In addition we have sampled the takeout on many occasions. Always received great friendly service & excellently prepared food.

We especially enjoy the sushi which is always fresh and I feel the best in the Milford - Nashua area. The curried chicken, sesame chicken and soups are all excellent as well as the cocktails.

If they could improve on anything it would be a better wine list, but the one they have is adequate.

Obviously this has become our current favorite restaurant in the area and I would highly recommend it.

Milford NH
“so so platter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

The interior of this restaurant is very nice,the food is good but overpriced. Portions are small. Plating is nicely done,but more garnish than food. Overall it was ok, there is much better in town.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank topoe
Milford, New Hampshire
“Disapointed to say the least”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

When Cherry Blossom first opened they were fabulous! Fresh food, quality meat, excellent portions. I don't know what happened, but within a few months they went down hill fast! The quality of the food is awful and the portion size shrunk incredibly. It's too bad Milford has several Chinese restaurants that are just ok and we were hoping this one would be good.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Frito2011

Travelers who viewed Cherry Blossom Chinese & Japanese Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge also viewed