Residences at Daniel Webster
$93
$88
  • Breakfast included
$118
All reviewsfull kitchenresidence innstay there againliving areabasketball courtbedroom unitbeds were very comfortablecomplimentary breakfastfireplacestovehighwayunitsnhnashuabreweryoutletspets
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Paper thin walls and ceiling. I stay in Marriott hotels about 100 nights a year and got a downstairs room....Crappy old appliances, basically a run down apartment with new paint. Party upstairs that STARTED at 1 am.....just awesome, so I get moved to an upstairs room where I should have been in the first place, Room was not any better but at least it was a little quieter. The road noise from just outside sounds like you are sleeping in the middle of the expressway. Washed my clothes before work and to my surprise the washer did not spin so my clothes where soaking wet, the best part was the dryer smelled like PEE after one drying cycle.....to say the least I was MAD. Not too many places to stay around these parts I guess this is how people live around here. This must be the norm.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Don G
dcherrilee, General Manager at Residences at Daniel Webster, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rank our hotel. Since your stay we have now converted to Hawthorn Suites. We are also doing major upgrades to the hotel over the next year.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed @ this hotel one night we had booked it for 4. Our first night was filled with nearby highway noise,aloud vibrating heater, worn furnishings and general lack of upkeep. We found a great hotel up the street(Holiday Inn Express) when we told them of our experience @ this hotel we were told they were losing their Marriott affiliation-The next day we saw the Marriott sigh has been covered-We know why- Yuk!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ooflyinmom

Thank you for taking the time to rank us. We have converted the hotel to Hawthorn Suites. We will have many upgrades over the next year. Thank you for you feed back we appreciate it!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

First, I am unimpressed by their housekeeping. The carpet could use a good vacuum and the hand towels were so badly stained I could not trust they were actually clean. Although these units are non-smoking I was bothered by the smoker next door who stood outside; somehow the cigarette smoke was drawn into my room. The breakfast was no different than any other chain hotel, offering a variety of hot and cold item. When I asked for a spoon because the dispenser was empty the staffer told me there were spoons in another area but didn't take the time to show me so I still ended up searching for a while. I made suggestion at the front desk that the person making their yogurt parfaits should not dump the cereal on top of the yogurt because it gets soggy and is unappealing. Other places use a separate container inside the cup to keep the cereal crisp. Essentially I skipped breakfast most mornings. The room itself including the bed was comfortable. I did not like the shampoo and conditioner bottles because the labels were printed so small that I could not read what the contents were. Traveling into Manchester each day cost me a toll both ways, so this was not the most convenient place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are only accessed by outside entries and there may be a short hike depending on parking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a dump. There was poopy diapers in a ripped bag in the parking lot, ok, maybe it just happened. I'll give management a break on that. Until I got under the poorly lit stairs, with garbage and plastic ( but empty) garbage pails under the stairs but half in the walkway. Ok,still, let's go inside. There was food and dirt in the dishwasher, the tub surround (fake tiles) was cracked and was siliconed over the mold The bathroom door had dents, almost holes, there was a brownish red smear on the bathroom wall. Stepping out in front of the closet there were two larger stains of the same color. This color stain was also across the room on the curtains. The carpet may have been vacuumed but the edges by the sliding glass doors had a measurable build up of debris. There was a nest of some kind in the tracks of the same door. The kitchenette floor was not cleaned. I didn't bother to look at the bed. I ran out. The Inn was booked full and I was told so, I said I would stay somewhere else or sleep in my rental car. Suddenly another room was available, I was swapped with someone who didn't show up yet, give them the 'Heck' room. This was a business trip and my company uses this place very frequently. Some people like it. I personally am in this area to do my job, not clean hotel rooms. I have photos. I was told the 'stains' were henna, a lot of Indian people stay there and was offered a two bedroom suite. It's only me. All I need is safe and clean, Marriott should build the new Residence in Nashua and let this be the 'Emergency City Housing' as documented in the Merrimack Town files, the Patch, and the Police Logs.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank GilligansTrip
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The rooms are clean, you have TV and Free wireless.
Breakfast room is not really 'super clean' as you would expect and the area where you collect food and beverages could be a bit bigger, however this is only a minor factor.
In general we were satisfied and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family