“Go here if you want to have a favorite restaurant”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Merrimack
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nashua
“Go here if you want to have a favorite restaurant”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been to el tapatio a few times before, but my most recent visit proved my love for it. When we first arrived, a young man was coming out the door the same time we were coming in, you could tell he was leaving for the day. He saw us, opened the door for us, and then say us at a table. We didn't even expect to get that type of service it was almost unnecessary since he just ended his shift, but seeing a server go the extra mile like that for a customer made you feel welcome. The food was amazing. You could tell by its presentation that the staff put in extra effort. Usually at lacaretta, they don't offer that much of presentation. I bet they through that out the window once they realized that they had greater nashua wrapped around their finger. Anyways, el tapatio is so much better than la caretta. You could especially tell in their service. Our waitress (I forget her name) was so sweet. She greeted our table saying "hola Amigas como estas?" It was so fun and really added to the atmosphere. It was nice that they engaged the customers like that. Also, we visited during a World Cup game and the whole staff was wearing jerseys. You could tell that their staff took pride in their restaurant, and that they were passionate
about their jobs. I recommend el tapatio to anyone in the mood for authentic Mexican.

• Visited June 2014

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Mexican anyone?”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Another dinner after El Tapatio, this restaurant is what La Carreta Mexican Restaurant used to be. This is a great local restaurant, the closest competition I have seen for this restaurant is El Jimador in Manchester. Both of these restaurants have great flavors at great prices.

Each time we go to El Tapatio's we always try something different from the menu and thus far have not been disappointed. This time around I tried the Mole Ranchero, which is chicken covered with Mole sauce. Mole is a chocolate based sauce made with spices. First I gad to get over the conundrum in my mine of chocolate on chicken, sounds like a weird combination, but it does work. You have the flavor of the chocolate and some of the sweetness, which is counter balanced by the Mexican spices used. It doesn't taste like this, but it's similar to the sweet and sour General Gau's chicken, a sweet but spice dish.

Any ways thus far I am not disappointed in the quality of food or service at this restaurant and will recommend this place. But I will always be critical of their food and will let you know if quality ever changes.

• Visited June 2014
Amherst
“Upscale Mexican without the bite out of your wallet”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The menu at El Tapatio is truly well above the Tex-Mex joints. It has T-Bone steaks, Rib-eyes, Pork loins as well as all the standard Mexican choices. But they make their food with top quality.. like real steak in the beef dishes, not ground chuck (kids may not like this). Fresh warm tortilla chips and salsa. Try the cheese dip with Mexican sausage. It's great. They have a great bar now, took over the adjoining biz and expanded. Music is loud, so if you are looking for a quiet place to talk, not here. Very good selection of tequila's and they make some different types of margs. Lots of choices, and lots of gourmet. Give it a try.. you'll be happy, don't worry, every little thing will be all right.

• Visited May 2014
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Mexico has come to Merrimack!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a great place if you like Mexican food - and I do!! To start your visit they bring warm nachos to munch on while you are looking over the large number of choices. My favorite is carnitas and they do it up right! My wife likes their fajitas and of course, the margaritas. The other really important thing is the prices and they are very reasonable. This is a great little restaurant and bar that you must try!

• Visited February 2014
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Real Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Forget the major chains! Real, authentic Mexican food can be found at independent restaurants that are just as good or better. El Tapatio offers a fun dining experience that features great Mexican food and very reasonable prices. Serving sizes are modest so you won’t have a problem finishing your meal. Be sure to take advantage of the homemade guacamole that is made fresh right at your table. Along with the wonderful food, a friendly staff and pleasant atmosphere makes this a great dining experience.

• Visited April 2014