Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merrimack
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Merrimack
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Recently stayed here on business. The hotel has been completely re-furbished inside and would pass for brand new if you didn't know. The check in process seemed tedious, credit card, phone number, address, everything except your license plate number.... The rooms were spacious and quiet. Breakfast was very good, they even had a pancake maker instead of a waffle maker. The first floor was still under construction but you wouldn't know, no noise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merrimack

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Comfortable stay. EXCELLENT Staff!! Big thanks to Sharon who was extremely accommodating, Amanda who despite having a sore throat was cheery, polite, AND remembered my name when I came in a week later, and Brittany who greeted me with a beautiful smile, excellent conversation, and was so accommodating she graciously handled some phone calls for my agency when inquires came to her desk instead of to my constituents and I. I unfortunately don’t remember their names but BOTH breakfast staff members were great. Even the Maintenance Tech was on his game. Great Job!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you're constantly on the road for business like I am, there's 3 main things that are huge factors on the quality of the stay: 1) Staff customer service, 2) Internet speeds, 3) Design and comfort of the hotel and rooms. Most franchise hotels seem to fail on one of these three things (AAA star ranking or any other star ranking system don't really take these 3 things into account either which makes star rating useless to me).

Customer service is highly subjective but during my stay, I did not encounter or see any inappropriate behavior on the part of the staff. This hotel branch does give small perks for being a Priority Club member which is hit-or-miss nowadays among the Holiday Inn Express chain - glad to see this location is keeping with the standard. Good eye contact from staff, decent amount of small talk - super important for any front desk in my opinion.

Internet speeds are amazing, period. It's not fiberoptic (seems to be using cable) but the speeds are among the highest I've encountered in a hotel within the past couple of years. Most hotels nowadays in an effort to cut costs seem to downgrade their Internet dramatically to about 100kilobytes per second speeds for downloads. In comparison, most home broadband services run at least 10-15x this speed. This specific hotel gives out about 2000 kilobytes for download during peak times, and about 3000 kilobytes per second during off-hours. If you need to videoconference with headquarters or just friends, this hotel can help make it happen.

The rooms are your standard Holiday Inn Express-style rooms, nothing too fancy or luxurious. This hotel seems to have been open only a few months so expect new-looking furniture and rooms that don't smell funky. Biggest gripe I have is with the toilet - it has an annoyingly slow flushing system. It is essentially the opposite of airplane lavatory toilets - instead of a whoosh of water, you get a slowwwww 10 second flushing experience.

Breakfast is your standard Holiday Inn Express fare. They have a pancake machine which is nice for those who want to use it. Holiday Inn coffee is actually the best free hotel coffee as far as robustness in my opinion vs Marriott, Radisson, Hilton, etc.

One thing I thought was amusing was the fact that the lobby entrance is not on the 1st or 2nd floor but what appears to be the 1.5 floor. You get a choice to either take the shortest elevator ride of your life (about 5 feet actual vertical travel distance) or climb a small flight of stairs to get to the front desk from the main entrance. Not really a negative, just something amusing from an architectural standpoint.

If I'm ever in the Manchester airport region, I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor are on the level of the lobby area, first floor is lower than lobby. Small cha...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We rented two rooms;a king for my husband and I and a double queen room for my three almost adult daughters.

Our room was on the small side, but very comfortable, seemed to be recently renovated and it was also very clean. it was only $71 plus tax with AAA rate.

The girls room was much larger and perfect for them. Their room was $81.00.

Breakfast on Sat 1/12 was included in the rate and it was better than expected. It was buffet style and they had a pancake making machine as well as sausage, biscuits, bacon, scrambled eggs along with the usual breads, muffins etc.

The young lady in charge of the breakfast area was great, very friendly and helpful. She really kept everything replenished and spotless. I think her name was Kristen, my only minor suggestion is that she pull back her long hair in a pony!

This is a great place to stay if you want to shop near everything else! I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

New Hotel, the Holiday Inn is just down the road for the Merrimack Outlets and the Budweiser Plant for your summer tours. The hotel is surrounded with restaurants in a quiet little town. The Staff was very pleasant and certainly Christine in the morning for your breakfast was very pleasant and ready to help you out..Thank You Christine....:)...We will definitley go back and we are putting this area in our travel book for a #1 destination..

Thank You Staff...

Room Tip: The rooms are very cozy, if you want room make sure you book a suite, if you like cozy a regular roo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claude L
Reviewed December 21, 2012

MY wife ,mother in law, and myself spent the night at this hotel. We were in town to see our grandson's Christmas show at a local school. The room was immaulate and very comforable and well situated right off the highway. The day and night clerks could not have been more pleasant and efficient. The breakfast was excellent with a very pleasant manager of the kitchen. Also very pleasant housekeeper who we ran into in the hall. My wife thought it was very well decorated. The staff was obviously proud of the newly remodeled facility.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MHTHN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merrimack, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear J. Burke,

Thank you for choosing our new Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel for your holiday stay over. I am pleased to read that your room was fresh and clean. I am happy that our staff members provided you with first class service. It is our goal to deliver the kind of service that will make you want to return and we promise to continually do our best. Thank you again for your kind words. Please come back and visit us, it is our pleasure to serve.

Warm Regards,
John B. Rogers

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is freshly newly renovated, very nice urban chic decor. we were upgraded to the queen suite, very nice 2 1/2 suite...
Personel was very helpful and friendly.
This HIE is nicely located next to Merrimack Premium Outlets and 15 miles from Lowell,MA.
We did our thanksgiving shopping and the next day we visited the Lowell National Park (birth and resting place of Jack Kerouack. The visit of the coton mills is a must and very very impressive.

Room Tip: Corner units are generally more spacious
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank michel_josee
MHTHN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merrimack, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Michel Josse,

Thank you for your kind comments about our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Merrimack. I agree our newly renovated hotel boasting 79 rooms and 21 suites has a chic decor. Our staff is dedicated to first class service, so I am happy to hear they were helpful and friendly. As you write we are located near the Merrimack Premium Outlets as a matter of fact we are the closest hotel to shopping at over one hundred outlet stores. Thank you again for your kind words. Please come back and visit us, it is our pleasure to serve.

Warm Regards,
John B. Rogers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merrimack
Quality Inn
Courtyard Nashua
#3 of 13 in Nashua
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center
WoodSpring Suites Nashua Merrimack

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merrimack? Share your experiences!