“Incredible Experience”

Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went to Luna Caprese last night with another couple. We were greeted by Donna a server there which we have had the pleasant experience of service before. Our friends joined us late, however they were greeted with the same enthusiam. Donna suggested a few appetizers and we settled on a "Crab Stuffed Portabella Muchroom". Incredible. We then ordered drinks and dinner. Not once did we have to ask to have our drinks refilled. The meals were incredible. Our friends were so happy with Donna's suggestion of the Chef's Ravioli with Alfredo Sauce. Then Donna surprised us with a special mix of desserts. Over whelming experience and we will be back again and again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dawn K

Londonderry, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fix Web Site”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Their web site says they are open from 1-9pm on Sundays. So we drove a good distrance at 1:30pm only to find they were not open. Sign in window said open on Sunday from 4-9pm. Not happy at all.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank quipsrule
Colorado
“Terrible!!!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I suggested this place to one of my friends that is an awesome cook and wanted his opinion as to the level of food this place serves. We decided the best test to see if this was a legit place was to leave it up to the cook to show his stuff. Boy were we totally disappointed. This is the second time I went here with the first time much better, but we ate off the menu so if yu plan to eat here stick with his "already prepared" food.
The meal we had prepared was what we could only describe as a mixture of left-overs and that was being nice. Nothing you could put a name on with no taste.You would think a chef would prepare something he would be proud of and this was something even a Wendy's would take credit for. We were totally disappointed and have no plans to going back.

• Visited December 2012
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Loved every bite, but go early before the dinner crowd”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am surprised by the bad reviews of other patrons, as my experience was pretty great. We did arrive at 5:00pm on a Saturday night and were nervous when we were the first to be seated. We were a party of 5, with my husband, in-laws, and 10 year old son. The waitress explained that anything on the menu can be changed, and if you don't see it, ask as it can be prepared. when we did order, the chef was there to ask my Mother-in-law what she liked and wanted in her Chicken cacciatore, she was overwhelmed by this, and left it to his expertise, she was not dissapointed. We ordered a special appetizer for the evening stuffed mushrooms which were excellent, and a good size portion to share with the whole table. my son had a grilled cheese with homemade french fries, which he said were the best fries he had ever had. My husband had Veal parmigiana, which was good, not over the top, I had Valdostana with Veal, I had never had this dish before, and loved every bite. My portion also had 2 sides, of which I choose Roasted potatoes, and fettuccine with the prepared valdostana sauce, when it arrived i also had roasted veggies on the plate, a nice surprise. My father in law had spaghetti and meatballs, a large portion with plenty of meatballs. All entrees came with soup or salad with the best balsamic vinaigrette dressing I had ever had. The bread delivered warm with two varieties and a nice dipping sauce was very good, we asked for seconds. We did have dessert, my sone had a great gelato, and we had cannoli, we have definately had better, and a very good puff pastry filled with gelato and topped with clocolate ganache. There were some downsides I received the wrong drink, but did not ask for a change, i enjoyed it anyway, and once the place became busy service was slow, almost non existent. We had ordered 3 of the early bird specials which came with coffee, but were charged for that on the bill, the waitress fixed it, but it was still annoying. Best suggestion, go early or on a non busy day, you will get individualized attention, and a great meal. our bill was $135.00 with tip for 4 meals, 1 kids meal, an appetizer, 2 desserts, and 2 alcohol drinks. The place is not fancy inside, and the bathroom could use some sprucing up, but this can be overlooked for the quality food, and fantastic taste.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank OuCilly
NH
“Bring the tums!!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ate at Luna Caprese in Merrimack, NH on Saturday August 18,2012. At 5:00 P.M. there
were only three couples including my wife and I.
Started off ordering the same beers, Sam’s Summer Ale on tap. They didn’t look right. Darker brown instead of the usual partial filtered color. I could smell they were off before I even tasted. I told my wife, they were going back, the lines were not clean.
The woman who took our order said that she thought they looked off (so why bring them) and that the lines needed to be flushed as they had not been used for a few days. Scary thought as this was a Saturday. We went with bottled beer. She came back out and announced “the chef has graciously agreed to swap out the Summer Ale for Octoberfest”.
Gracious would have been to comp our beers. Same dirty bacteria ridden lines would be
having the new keg flowing through, no thanks!
Appetizer, was a joke. Antipasti in an Italian Restaurant, the greens were beyond wilted, some thin sliced deli provolone, some mortadela, some kind of cheap hard salami, and a very dry ham, along with old grey jarred pickled carrots and cauliflower.
The so called toasted crostini was toasted on one side and damp on the other, as was the same bread brought in a basket with dipping oil. If the oil was “olive” it was the cheapest lightest grade there is. Tasted more like a non descript vegetable oil with very little seasoning. But did have a strong flavor of fish…anchovies maybe???
We pushed on, more out of amusement and the fact that we had a Resturant.com gift certificate. I ordered the Penne Puttanesca and my wife ordered a dish with broccoli, chicken, a light pink sauce and subbed gluten free pasta. Portions were quite different.
Mine hardly filled the bowl, hers quite full. Bottom line is she could not eat hers as it had no taste at all. I tasted it and agreed. The sauce was thin as water, the pasta very over cooked. Yes, I have cooked gluten free pasta, this was over cooked. My dish tasted ok, but very salty. Yes I know there is capers, olives and anchovies in this dish. I order it often at quality Italian Restaurants. This was over the top with salt, and there was no less then a quarter cup of oil in my bowl. They clam “virgin olive oil”, I have my doubts.
We didn’t order desert. In retrospect we should have as I doubt they are made on premises. If the bread was made in house, they should stick to store bought.
After they removed the dish my wife couldn’t eat, the bill was below the minimum
45.00 to use the gift certificate. My wife found someone else in the restaurant and gave it to them saying we would never be back again. We did ask if we could still use it considering the poor quality of the meal. They claimed Resturant.com sets the amounts and they can’t vary from that. I have my doubts.
Bottom line is Luna Caprese is serving well below any quality levels let alone for what they charge. I could have made a better Antipasti using a salad bar and deli at the local Shaws Market. Read online and see what other have posted, we made the mistake of not doing that first. There web site is passing them off as a quality place, the pizza place down the road is far above in quality.

• Visited August 2012