“Buckley's gets it right!”

Buckley's Great Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckley's Great Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Merrimack
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Woodbury St
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If I owned a restaurant I would want it to be just like Buckley’s. The wait staff is well trained, the décor comfortable and warm, and the food good. Do you want your steak rubbed, marinated or naked? It is your choice. Sides are reasonably priced as are a wide variety of sauces…love that! I judge a steakhouse by the creamed spinach not the steak. Buckley’s gets an A+. My prime rib was flavorful and perfectly cooked. Everyone in our party was very happy with their meals. My only gripe, and I would have knocked Buckley’s down a star for this had everything else not been perfect, is that when we got there for our reservation my friend and I were dropped off at the door while our husbands parked the car. When asked if everyone in our party was there we said that our husbands were parking the car in their lot and we were told that we would have to wait to be seated until they came in. If this restaurant was in downtown Boston where parking can take quite a while, I would have been fine with this, but our husbands could not be more than five minutes away from walking in the door. Being ushered to the table would have made me feel more valued as a customer and we all know how first impressions can set the tone for a visit.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is our third visit to Buckley's and as before the steaks were outstanding, the sides creative, and everything was cooked perfectly. Also as usual they were very busy. While our waitress was attentive and did check in from time to time, the service was a bit slow and our waitress went missing on a few occasions. We ordered a pre-made desert to go, and it took 15 minutes to arrive after we paid our check. That said, the dessert was excellent.

Buckley's is well worth a visit. The prices are reasonable for a higher end Steak House, the food is fantastic, and the ambiance of the old farmhouse is very nice.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant in December. Granted they were busy, but in spite of having reservations, we sat for 30 minutes at the front door. The service was ridiculously slow and they excused the delay on a recently seated large party. But, it would seem that such a party couldn't be an anomaly and their dealing with this occurrence left much to be desired for the rest of us in the restaurant.
Still the biggest disappointment was the food. When we ordered the special side dishes for the day, much later we were told they were unavailable, and yet when our food finally arrived, they were there. There seemed to be a real disconnect between the kitchen and the server who was kind and very apologetic
The largest disappointment was however the steaks. They were presentable but average. Mine had some gristle which was inedible. We were so disappointed because we had heard from many in NH that they were supposed to be good. The other restaurants in this company are very good. This one was not. We are from Texas and the average mom and pop small town restaurant has steaks vastly superior to those served at Buckley's, for half the price. Honestly, I'd rank it somewhat lower than Outback which is at least consistent in its product.
Again, the people were really nice, but the food was mediocre. I'm sorry to say it because I love a really good steak. Try Kirby's in Texas for a spectacular steak and experience. Just pass on beef in NH..

1  Thank kahmd
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Let me start by saying I love good food, good wine, and good service, and this place delivers especially on the service. I went today for dinner, and being Good Friday I could not have beef, but opted instead for fish. I ordered the appetizer special of crab cake sliders (2) and onion rings. The sliders were very good, and the onion rings were pretty standard, nothing to write home about. My entree of "Fish and Chips" was a 50/50. The fish was perfect! Large cuts of flaky and fresh fish but the fries were horrible, bland and tasteless and the cole slaw was just shreds of cabbage and carrots, NO dressing at all, it was a dry as a bone. But the service was stellar, and the wine by the glass I chose (A petite Shiraz) was lovely. (yes I know... red wine with fish? ) It was more of a digestif, not paired with my entree, and enjoyed after the meal.

Overall, I give it 4 stars, but I have to admit I didn't try the beef. I plan on a future trip (not during Lent) where I can experience the beef cuts. Service is 5 stars I wish I remember the servers name, but I can tell you ALL of the servers around me seemed spot on.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We try to go to Buckley's at least twice a year. It's more for special occasions as the prices are a bit high. $35 for a 12 ounce filet is by no means the highest price for a filet out there but it ranks up there. The food is always well worth it though. We've never had a poor meal there. Service on the other hand is hot and cold. Granted this place gets really busy on the weekends so it should be staffed as such. You will need a reservation to dine here if you don't want a long wait. I won't go into great detail on service but when a couple sits down 15 minutes after you and gets their meal 30 seconds after you, it's a bit aggravating. Other than that small hiccup on this past visit, you will definitely enjoy your meal here.

1  Thank stebs3646