“Good Eating”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Elkin, North Carolina
“Good Eating”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The portion sides are generous. The atmosphere is relaxed. Whether or not you ordered a starter the restaurant offers you cheese and crackers. Lastly the food is exceptional. My wife had the Portsmouth Pie and I had the Yankee Pot Roast. Both were cooked to perfection.

• Visited July 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“Fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Everything about this place is great. There are crackers and dips available to snack on while you wait, as well as a huge block of cheese. Homemade breads that come with your meal...yes, home made. This is what your (great) grandma used to make for you or your parents. Beyond good. The meals are great, and a good variety of options. My biggest regret is that I was too full to try the desserts. The place feels like the type of inn that would have been there in the 1700s for travelers to stop in on their way through. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Visited May 2014
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Not the Old Common Man”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am not sure if the Common Man has over-extended itself with all of its restaurants or what the problem is, but over the past few visits to the Merrimack Common Man, service has slipped. Now add the food to that. I ordered turkey pot pie and I'm not sure what the alleged cubed meat product was, but it sure didn't resemble turkey in taste or texture. $20 with tax and tip and no beverage and I ended up eating only a little of it. Ready to give up on them.

Ate at their restaurant, Town Docks, recently and very good as usual.

• Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Uncommon Experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is our second time to the Common Man. Anytime our travels take us to New Hampshire we makes sure we stop by here. Its not like any other restaurant experience we have ever had. Its likes the combination of an Amish Dinner House, A Cracker Barrel, Upscale Restaurant combined into one unique experience. The ambiance is one of a kind and unique. The food options are unique and everything we have had is excellent. It not just dinner it a dining experience. I wish we had these in Pennsylvania!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Greg F
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Better than going to a chain”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food is always good! I love their specials more than anything else. It's nice to get a meal that's not reflective of a chain menu. Service is usually good... Busy nights take a while but where don't they!

Parking is a nightmare

• Visited February 2014

Been to The Common Man? Share your experiences!