“Pizza - YES”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Pizza is excellent. Sauce, cheese and toppings are all the right proportions. Very tasty. Other food can be somewhat mixed but still good for the most part.

Value is good. Service is very inconsistent. Sometimes they forget to bring bread or utensils. Just very inconsistent.

But the pizza is worth the wait and take out is very often our choice.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was having some family over so called in some pizzas. I arrived 20 minutes after calling and the gal at the desk first tried to give me the wrong order because I knew I ordered 3 large piazzas, but she was handing me 2 large and 1 small (for $54). So she went looking for my order and it was clear they didn't have it right so she whispered to the pizza prep guy who started working on something quickly and then she finally told me they had messed up and were starting another over because they only had 2 of them. She knew I wasn't happy about this so 10 minutes later the manager came over and offered me a drink. I am standing up waiting for takeout. Why would I want to stand and have a drink there when I had a party at home waiting for me? I'd much rather return home and enjoy a drink with my guests. I instead asked her for an adjustment and she offered me dessert to take home and giggled and walked off. When the hostess finally handed me my order, I had been standing there for 20 minutes and explained to her that I should be given an adjustment. This rude young woman told me that they normally do offer an adjustment, to those that are polite and understanding of their making an error. Wow, I had been perfectly polite to both her and the manager. So I then went on to tell her that we enjoy the food here but the service is consistently horrible, so we will only do takeout. Her response was that I was the only one to ever say that and that she had worked here for two years and knew that the service was great. Well, reading the top three reviews that populate on this page when I clicked on this restaurant, I see a very consistent theme.... Poor service. The way I was treated at this restaurant, I would NEVER return. I don't need to be spoken down to because they made an error. Anyone in the service industry knows the correct way to handle an error.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I enjoy the food at Pizzico, but when I arrived for dinner on Wednesday, I waited and waited and waited for someone to seat me, but no one ever came. I left and went to a different restaurant..what a shame....

1  Thank Doug R
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Right around the corner from where we live, thought we could get a good bit on Saturday night. The hostess who handles the take out pizza orders took awhile to seat us(though tables available) and the bread plates at the table sticky. Server was friendly and fast. But noticing the dirty tables around us as patrons left and stuff on the floor just didn't wow me on this saturday night. We have had drinks and apps in the bar-- bartender always great.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I go out to dinner to a restaurant, I expect good food and good service! The food was not bad, but the staff was awful! I ate in the bar, but You would have thought we were in a locker room! Bartender showing tattoos to the other staff who were cackling loud enough for all to hear! Then announced to the entire bar that she couldn't wait to start collecting alimony! Did I need to hear that? She was quick to get my drink order but I had to interrupt her cackling group staff gripe session to get a menu. I watched her make a drink that was clearly going to be returned by the customer. she watched the server bring to customer then burst out laughing and shouted into the dining room "what, you don't like it?" and took to the wait station to try it for herself! Honestly I couldn't wait to get out of there. I have never seen such unprofessional staff. The risotto was fabulous! Steak tips were so so. I will not go there again!